Old 01-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #121  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I am so sleepy. I have had a long day of Anxiety attacks again....UGH!
I think Winter really depresses me & does quite the number on me.
I will be ok Though. I go through this all the time from my anxiety disorder.
I took my medicine & it is making me super sleepy...Just wanted to post & say Looks like everyone is doing super.
I was 166.2 today Up alittle above my ticker But No big deal...I drank alot of water yesterday so I was proboly holding some water. WATER IS SO GOOD FOR US!
Anyways....
EVERYONE STAY AS WARM AS YA CAN....The weather everywhere is crazy I guess. DRIVE SAFE IF YOU GET SNOW & HAVE TO DRIVE!!
Hugs to all ~off to bed.

Last edited by Lori259; 01-06-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #122  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hello guys and gals, quick pop in for me. Im doing good, eating good..getting in some good workouts. The scale is going in the right direction so im super excited about Sundays weigh in.

Lori- ((Hugs)) You are always in such high spirits, no matter whats going on in your life. That's an inspiring quality in a person...your strength shines girlfriend. Hang in there *tips water glasses with ya*

Jules-awesome job at outback..its so hard to stay on plan and eat out...nice going!

MrsLovett-that is some workout you did! my fingers are crossed for you.

Hello to everyone, hugs to everyone...Everyone is doing so great! I will check in again soon!

Last edited by misspriss78; 01-07-2010 at 11:17 AM.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #123  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

LOL~misspriss~So glad to here your doing good~Tips water glass with ya too.
Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #124  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Default What's going on?

I'm keeping my calories at approximately 1350 using my calorie king book to count everything that's going into my mouth. I'm making all my own food and I'm pretty sure that my counts are accurate.

I'm drinking about 3 L of water a day.

I'm not hungry. I'm not tired. I feel great.

I've been doing 40 minutes of running 3 times a week, and 40 minutes of cardio in the evenings the last 3 nights.

It is my TOM, so I think that may be my issue.

But my scale is not moving anywhere. I've weighed myself the last 3 days, and I'm at 210-211 lbs. I weigh myself after I've woken up, before I shower. And without a thread on.

Any thoughts? Should I just wait until next week when the hormone angle will not be causing any weird weight issues? I don't expect a lot, but a little movement in a downward direction would be nice.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

Thanks emileigh. I just tried to stay on a steady plan and not let one meal mean my new way of eating was over. I was actually a little surprised too. I think the bootcamp I started near the beginning of the month helped. I was determined to get in my workouts no matter what. And a lot of things did happen. But I did not panic or stress. If I had to do my workout at 7:30pm or 8pm, so be it. That was more important than sitting in front of the TV.

uscarchie, good luck with your 5k on saturday. I have been running since I started the C25K program in Aug09. I am looking for a 5k to run, but it is sooo cold locally, I don't think it's going to happen till atleast March or April. But it is a good excuse to take a quick 3-4 day vacation to FL or CA. I will keep the group updated. I saw a great one listed in Nashville, TN on 3/27. I am considering it. Depends on my funds.

And if I move for heat I am going WEST! I would LOVE to live in AZ.

Jules nice job with Outback. Don't you just miss the days of misery and heartburn from overeating....NOT!!!!

KDM you are kicking butt. Keep it up!

Down to 207 this morning and waiting for TOM to start. Once it does I usually get a nice drop the next day or 2. I really, really want to get out of the 200's this month. I know it's only the 1st week of the month, but darn it, I want it now Anyway, now that I am over that fit, I will focus on the weight 204.5. That is when I will be half way to my goal. That is definitely something to look forward to. Small steps to keep me focus and not stress about the larger jumps needed.

Have a great day everyone.
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 161/150/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody! I just wanted to give a quick update. I am doing really good sticking to my diet of 1300 calories a day. I have also been working out daily since saturday (I did take a break yesterday because I started the Firm with weights and could hardly move for a day)

I am only weighing myself once a week so I will check in on saturday to share the progress. Either way I feel great! Keep it up everyone...it will pay off!
Rach122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #127  
Come on ONEderland!

Default 5k

Jae, you should come to CA! I'm running a 5K in February in Huntington Beach! 5K by the ocean and on flat surfaces! Easy as pie!

http://runsurfcity.com/

Come join me. The more the merrier.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

WOW that looks like fun. But it's on SuperBowl Sunday. I don't know if I can convince the husband to go along on that one.

Also, the front page is saying Sold Out.
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #129  
Come on ONEderland!

I think the 5K isn't sold out, but the half and the full marathon are. Not gonna be running that one yet.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Chicks, thank you all for the larf I'm having over the weather chat. It's down under 40 here in Austin, and I am not sure if I am amused by the written warning we received about how to deal with freezing temperatures or if I feel really truly horrible for all my poor, new neighbors who might very well require a written warning about to deal with a temperature that threatens to plunge to below 30 tonight. Poor Austin natives. Poor me!! My feet are cold!
My folk are from 50 miles north of NYC, and the last time I visited in winter (foolish!) I melted more than one pair of socks trying to get just that.much.closer to the woodstove.

I am still working on my exercise. I have been hibernating a bit. I've been feeling down, and sluggish, and I have barely managed to keep up with anything. Tuesday, I squeezed in 30 minutes of yoga, and that was it. Wednesday was a tad better, I did a 15 minute yoga warm-up and then 30 solid minutes of lifting weights. So today, once I get my 2 pairs of socks off and unbundle myself from my enormous fleece robe, I am going to try this new cardio-circuit DVD I have got from Netflix. I am DETERMINED to make goal, even if I am exercising at midnight on Sunday to do it!
I just feel like getting back under my electric blanket with kitty cat and not moving for hours and hours and hours.

My eating has been good - kept within calories even with a drafthouse movie and TWO BARS Tuesday night. I have been within 75 calories of goal (1550 calories) every day, and Wednesday I had 200 calories of chocolate and some skim milk as a treat since I was feeling "off my feed" all day and had plenty of wiggle room. Today I am still off my feed, but treated myself to a waffle with peanut butter and honey in the morning, so I will be near 1550 I am sure. I try to make sure I don't have many "low" days in terms of calories as my body is amazingly "famine-proof"; one or two days of being off my feed, even naturally, and I will hold on to every single ounce of weight for weeks and weeks.

Well, that's me. Hope all y'all chicks are staying warm and doing well!!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #131  
In the desert...

Ahem. After yesterday's triumphant sucess at Outback (blowing my own trumpet there!), today has been less wonderful. I've had two helpings of Diet Coke brownies - all I can say is thank goodness they are the Diet Coke version and not the full blown kind!

On a more positive note, I bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred to have as an alternative workout for when I decide going to the gym at 5:30am is just beyond me. And I did a make-over on the closet in our master bedroom nook (I call it the nook - it's actually an additional bedroom option on the floor plan but our house is the version with the room included in the master bedroom). Anyway - it has a good size closet, so I bought two hanging sweater racks and put ALL my workout gear in them, right down the bras and socks! Oh, and my exercise bands and Garmin Forerunner. Everything but my shoes, which are on the floor of the closet. Now I have everything in one place and absolutely NO excuse for not working out!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

Default I'm new!

Hi all!! I'm new, but I want to do the Valentine's challenge! I have just over 5 weeks, with a healthy weight loss of 1-2lbs a week, I want to set my goal at losing 8lbs by Valentine's Day Awoohoo!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Thanks julesp313! I checked out the website and I saw that the mediterranean chicken salad is 500 calories with everything on it. So I figured i'd ask for the dressing and feta cheese on the side, only dip my fork in the dressing and then into the salad, skip the cheese and only eat 3/4 of the salad. To be honest I can probably only eat half. I'm hoping, through more investigation, that i can get the calories down around 350. I plan on having only a glass of merlot for dinner also and then stick to water. I don't care if everyone looks at me weird for not drinking and eating crazy at the bachelorette party, I'm making a life choice here.

Also...awesome job at Outback! that's my inspiration for Saturday, if you can do it so can I.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

I am down half a pound since starting this challenge. Not much, but then I started late. Five and a half pounds to go! Today's calories were good, around 1200... I didn't snack as much as I have been lately. Probably because I went to my dietitian today and didn't want to eat too much before I went.

My workout was great today! I did an online strength training video for 15 minutes, then I did about 65 minutes cardio, then about 2 more hours on the Wii. Geez... I have insomnia. I was up around 2 a.m. Or rather, I gave up trying to sleep around that time. Then I made myself some coffee around 4 a.m. and worked out to my heart's content! Worked up a nice sweat too. It was great!

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #135  

I have started sometjing new this week,I have decided to each mostly raw foods and whole wheat,I have not felt hungry,sometimes I have to remind myself to eat.I do wish that it would warm up outside.We have -30 degrees wind chills here.
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote