Old 01-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5 fett

thundathighs...40 degrees...try 17 degrees here in chicago. It is great in chicago when you can go ice skating but now it is even to cold to do that. I wish I were in Texas.
I have my "hot" yoga I am going to go to this evening which will warm me up but I am also thinking about going mall walking. I just dont want to be tempted to shop or stop at the food court.
bilang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #107  
In the desert...

I won't upset everyone by saying it was a sunny and delightful 63 degrees here today...

However, karma is showing up on the scale, which is now being referred to by both me and hubby as that evil f-ing machine that should be destroyed and never allowed to defile our bathroom again. Ho hum - I'll get over it.

Biggest Loser season opener tonight - although I have to watch it on the DVR because I can't handle all the repetition and blah blah blah crap. I think this is the largest cast ever - it's reflective of America that every season, everyone is bigger than the last season.
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #108  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Gotta make this quick I am so dang cold here where the computer is~63 SOUNDS SUPER JULES! The smaller I get the colder I get.

OHIO IS SNOW SNOW SNOW & MORE SNOW & COLD COLD & MORE COLD!

I did get to watch the biggest loser...Good show. YOu should really enjoy it.
seems like a great bunch of people on it this season.

I didn't get a new weight today but thats ok...Still happy with my results so far. I had a good week last week.

OK Can not handle the cold anymore....I gotta go to bed & snuggle with the hubby ~the temp says 72 in here But I swear I am freezing...My boys are shirtless with pajama pants and fine ~I guess I was use to having alot more meat on me last year for warmth...LOL
Anyways..will type again tommorrow. HUGS TO ALL!!!

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing

Last edited by Lori259; 01-05-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Lori ~ I feel you with the cold!!! I was so cold at dinner last night that I was actually shivering with teeth chattering! I was wearing a sweater, so it's not like I was in a tee shirt or something. My dad was like "But it's like 68 in here". There was NO way that it was 68 degrees in the house!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #110  
In the desert...

So as my dad is heading back to England on Friday, he wants to hit Outback tonight for dinner. No problem - Outback has all the nutritional info online so I can make a choice before we go. I assumed that the grilled chicken would be the best option, but guess what? The 6oz sirloin steak is actually lower in calories than the chicken! One thing about Outback that you have to be absolutely clear about to the server - NO BUTTER! They put seasoned butter on every SINGLE item. So the 6oz sirloin with a double side of veggies without butter - 340 calories. I was considering the sweet potato but I don't know how they cook it - without any toppings, it's nearly 400 calories! So not worth it when I can cook one at home... But with 340 calories, I can also have one piece of the dark bread they offer - I don't know what sort of bread it is, but it's SO good. I'll have it dry - I refuse to spend my calories on butter when I really don't care for it that much! Now I'm actually looking forward to going to dinner!

Lori - fat definitely keeps you insulated! One of the "downsides" to being so close to your goal weight is you'll have to buy new, smaller, warmer clothes! Bummer, huh?

Last edited by julesp313; 01-06-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #111  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

LOL~chele~I know what ya mean!

Jules~LOL I wear layers of sweaters with still No luck LOL!
I am gonna have to buy thermal underwear too I guess ~HAHAHAHA!

HUGS TO Y'all Off to do chores.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #112  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Good morning everyone!

Things are going well, still feeling peppy, and still working out. I made an excellent potato soup that came out to about 300 calories per serving. And it was super filling!

Tomorrow I jog for 20 minutes, and I've got a 5K on Saturday. I'm not hungry at all with this 1350 calorie limit and I'm not tired. I'm feeling pretty great.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

bilang MOVE SOUTH! I am originally from the NYC metro area, and let me tell you, I spoke with some family night before last and was really, really torn between feeling awful for them and just really enjoying my southward movement trend - there's this whole southern half of the country that stays nice and warm...

Chicks - I managed to stay within 75 cals of my limit yesterday despite beer, whiskey and pizza. Now that was some portion-size control exerted, and I was not too cheerful about it, but I got the job done!!!
I also got in 30 minutes of gentle yoga, and I'm hoping to repeat another HUGE lifting session today, and then some cardio. I don't know if it's the weather, or the new calorie limit (I dropped 100 cals), but I have been feeling wiped out lately. Stayed in bed until 9:30am today, and then after breakfast went back to bed and lay there like some kind of lump for a solid 30 minutes - not really sleeping, but not really moving either. Ugh. Where is my energy?!?!?!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #114  

Height: 5'2

LOL, thundah, it might be nice and warm to someone used to NYC temps, but it's insanely cold to those of us born and raised in the south. We just can't handle it below 40 degrees. Brrrrr!
ThisYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Thanks Jae165 and KDM322. You guys are right. This morning I got on the scale and I lost 2 lbs! My boyfriend and I are making small changes so we can have healthier lifestyles. I learned from last night that it's not easy going cold turkey from the holidays...I had a craving for popcorn and when my boyfriend tried to say, "hunny lets keep being good and not have the popcorn.".....I bit his head off! I apologized, but I realized I need to start small and work my way up.

New item: This Saturday I'm going to a Bachelorette Party and we are meeing at TGI Fridays for dinner. Anyone know of anything healthy on the menu and low calorie there? I couldn't find nutrition facts on the website. I was thinking the Medeteranian (spelling) chicken salad, with the dressing and feta cheese on the side. Also any drink options that may help? Thanks!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

I understand about cold weather and freezing. It's 29 here in Detroit, and it was 0 degrees this past weekend!

My sister is finishing up on Pharmacy School, I asked her why i'm so cold....my hands are literally ice and i'm always chilly. She said it was because of low Iron, and can be a bit anemia. She said to increase my Iron, make sure i'm getting my vitamins and exercise to increase circulation.

I hope it works! My boyfriend and I are lucky, when we bought our house it had a fire place with a wood burner. It kickout major heat! I have to wait until he gets home to chop up more wood...I tried to chop wood....I did pretty good, but stilly a little weak to get the big pieces. Stay warm!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Hey ladies! Well I gained about 5 lbs in the month of December but its back off already yay! I have been doing really good tracking my calories and working out! The hubs is making me crazy on the weightloss front however...he has no motivation or desire but wants me to push him to do it...then when I do I feel like the bad guy even though he normally thanks me later for refusing to get him McDonalds or whatever lol. Dang men!

Speaking of cold...its negative 10 here BRRRRR and I have a 2 foot drift in my driveway! I'm sooooo ready for spring lol.
Yelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Well, the scale is down to 185.8...it's amazing...it's gone down consistently since Sunday...i've been eating anywhere between 12-1500cal/day (Sat: 1465, Sun:1439, M:1351, T:1116--under, but i had a busy day at work, no time to eat)...so maybe this range is a good range for me...and it's constantly changing so my body doesn't get used to one #...who knows?!?! But it's very encouraging to have the scale finally be on MY side! lol the roller coaster ride I was on the past 2 months has been nerve racking!

as for the weather here in TN...it's cold, but I'm sure nowhere as cold as up north...they're calling for up to 2inches of snow tomorrow starting at 4AM and people are going crazy! i mean, 2inches is NUTTIN! my family in WV are dealing w/feet of snow! lol i guess when you're not used to it, you don't know how to handle it! i've been in TN 3yrs now and the most we've seen in my area is maybe an inch or 2...
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

I know what you mean about it being freezing cold! I'm *always* freezing, but lately here in NJ it's been in the 20's. Too cold!

So my weight went up .6 lbs and then back down to 116 lbs. overnight? Just a fluctuation, I guess. I go to my dietitian tomorrow, so we'll see my official weight. My scale's pretty accurate though.

Today I did about 25 minutes strength training and around 60 minutes cardio. I think I went way over in my calories. I was a little "snacky" Too bad...

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #120  
In the desert...

Jdonato - I found some info on Daily Plate - check out http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...od/tgi-fridays - I'm not sure where the info is coming from but it might be of some use in guiding you. I wish all restaurants were required to post nutritional info online.

I stuck to my plan at Outback and thoroughly enjoyed my dinner for under 600 calories, including a taste of the Blooming Onion, bread, steak and veggies. For possibly the first time at Outback, I was fully satisfied and NOT stuffed and in pain. Unlike my hubby who overate and is now groaning on the sofa with his pants undone! Bless...