Old 12-28-2009, 09:35 PM   #31  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

I'd like to join also. I'm new here and new to dieting so this is a great start!!

I've like to be down 12 pounds by Valentines days.

New Year's Resolution: I'd like to get down to 140 and then maintain it throughout the year.
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

Been a lurker for a long while, finally joining in!

I'd like to lose 13 pouns by Valentines.

I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions as a general rule
But other than weight loss my real goal for 2010 is to quit smoking (and continue to lose weight in the process)!
IrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #33  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Got a quick sec...WELCOME TO EVERYONE NEW!!!!! WOOHOOO...Loving that so many are returning & newly joining!!! JUST AWESOME IT IS!

I am so tired..My kids have worn me out today ~between them & time of month I am off to get some well needed sleep....Not that my kids are bad...Just Hyper ...Still excited over Christmas....Goodnight everyone.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #34  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Lori- Me too so I'm sure who would be annoying who

Hello to all the newbies and I big hello to the regulars on the CC challenges.

Didn't write down my calories like I should have....Have been working my wii fit though ..it's fun. My DD had me running in place with her last night and my legs are killing me today.

Last edited by Losing4another; 12-28-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #35  
In the desert...

I just ordered a couple new sports bras - man, those suckers are NOT cheap when you need NASA-level engineering to keep the boobage in check. Still, once I found a bra I could run and horse ride in, I was in heaven - ugly as heck, expensive, but the only bra I've ever found that can contain the bounce (it's the Enell bra, for anyone who's a D or bigger - it's Oprah's favorite sports bra, the "Last Resort" bra at Title 9... I got mine from See Jane Run). Also replacing my non-running bra as the one I have has finally given up and the hooks have fallen out! I'm hoping new undies will inspire me to get back on track.

Also ordered a workout journal from Amazon (I got some money for my b'day and Xmas so I'm indulging a little in healthy areas!) so I'm hoping keeping track of the workouts will also motivate me. Other than that, just trying to stay on track with counting calories and burning more of the little suckers than I ingest!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

I've got a personal goal of being down by 15 lbs by April 1st - so let's say I would like to be down by 5lbs by V-day. I say 5lbs instead of 7lbs because my secondary, and perhaps more important goal is to maintain a constant 7 weekly hours of exercise between now and V-day. I am focusing on weight training in anticipation of re-plateau-ing where I plateaued before - right around 180lbs. So I think weight loss might be slower in the first 2 month portion, as I'll be between 1600-2000 calories per day and really training as hard as I can manage 3 days a week and busting my butt with yoga and walking and some cardio the other 4 days a week. Oh yeah. Feel the burn. When I hit 180, I'm gonna switch it up and swap the weights to 2 days weekly and the cardio to 3 or 4 days weekly, and drop my calories, maybe. See me in h-e-l-l 180.

5 pounds off by V-day. 7 hours of exercise weekly, ideally 3 of those being weight training. Oh boy.
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Irishrose - I quit smoking in Oct. so it can be done
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #38  

Location: [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYkbmgF/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wYkbmgF/weight.png[/img] [/url]

S/C/G: 280/280/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello

I am new to this forum and eager to learn how to make my way around it. I have opened a few of your posts now and would like to ask your help. How do you get that weight counter at the bottom of your profile. What is an easy way to make my way around this site. Any useful tricks. And how do I post something directly to other users? Sorry I hope you dont mind me asking you. I start weight watchers on Tuesday and I am eager to track my succuss!
Thank you, koren
koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Height: 5'4"

Koren, I have been trying to find the exact information but can't locate it right now, but I do recall that I had to wait about three weeks and post several times over that period before I was allowed to create a signature. Once I met the minimum requirement. I was able to go to the User CP and create a signature with the ticker.

I know what you mean about wanting to get the ticker on the your posts. That was a real motivator for me too!
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #40  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesp313 View Post
I just ordered a couple new sports bras - man, those suckers are NOT cheap when you need NASA-level engineering to keep the boobage in check.
This made me laugh. I know what you mean about having a good bra though. It makes a world of difference. I usually just end up wearing two bras.

koren- I was ridiculously excited when I could post a ticker. I don't remember how long it took. One day I popped in the user CP and the option was there. Hopefully you can get yours soon!

I was thinking along with New Year's Goals, that I want to add things I want to try. Stuff that I've been too chicken to do or just put off.

My New Year's Goals are: (as previously stated)
--- More organization and consistency in my life. I know that's rather vague, but I have discussed specifics with the hubby, and he's going to help me out.

Things I want to try in the New Year:
--- dance classes
--- sewing
--- playing on some kind of sports team. I like volleyball. Maybe volleyball! This is a big "try" for me because I was never a really good athlete. But, I really like to play sports... I just stink at it. Haha!

I'm still up three pounds from the Christmas eating feast that comes along with being a member of hubby's family. I should change my ticker back to 148...but I don't wanna! I have way too many treats in my cabinets, and I am eating and tracking them. It also doesn't help that this is the week before TOM. I get CRAZY cravings!!!

Hope you all are doing well!!
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/130?

Height: 5'6ish

Hi, I'm new here and would like to join this challenge!

My main goals are to keep moving at LEAST 5 days a week.
This could be a quick 20 min workout video or taking the dog for a walk. Basically, just wanna keep my keister off the couch!

I would also like to add in more fresh, clean meals and snacks.
Right now I'm relying on frozen meals for lunch during the week paired with additional veggies but eventually I wanna get rid of them all together.
This co-insides with my goal of PLANNING my meals ahead of time.

I don't want to put a weightloss goal down because I'm trying to go more off measurements than the scale.
With that said, I won't turn my nose up to weight loss but I REALLY want to lose some inches, mainly from my hips, butt and thigh region!

Good luck everyone!!!
ginnym1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 151/151 /136

Height: 5'5"

I was excited to see a Valentine's challenge. I seriously need to be a part of something. I'm going for 6 lbs. My New Year's resolutions are to be more social - I've been lurking for months and to finally organize my house. I had minor melt down when I couldn't find a shirt I wanted. THE CLUTTER HAS GOT TO GO! Maybe I should re-read Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat?
I am worth it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #43  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hey guys,

Im finally getting a chance to sit down. So far this week im doing good. We went to a local mall today and of course the kids wanted something to eat there(pizza and it smelled GREAT) but i had to tell my self no. I did get a coffee light frappicino from starbucks..90 calories of YUM.
we later came home and had turkey chili and it was delish!

I got in a 40min step aerobics dvd too

a couple of personals...
Shan,have a great time with your BF!
Tanna Bannana, nice goals to work towards. My sister is trying to get me to take some line dancing classes with her...i may do it,it looks fun.
Jules-congrats on the new fitness stuff, i will have to look into a workout journal..
Losing4another-Good job with the wii fit!
Koren- if you go into ' userCP' @ the top of the website you will see a explanation of signatures. I was excited to get mine too,lol

Hello to everyone new and everyone that is back!
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #44  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnym1981 View Post
I would also like to add in more fresh, clean meals and snacks.
Right now I'm relying on frozen meals for lunch during the week paired with additional veggies but eventually I wanna get rid of them all together.
This co-insides with my goal of PLANNING my meals ahead of time.
Good luck everyone!!!
Hi Ginnym!

Here's a little trick I learned about meal planning: you have to work hard at it, since things can change (a mate comes over for tea, mum asks you if you want lunch, that kind of stuff) and the occasions when you "just don't want that for lunch". However, once you get into a rhythm of what you like, then it becomes really easy.

I plan my entire menu out for a week (it coincides with my shopping list, so I know what to buy, rather than buy stuff I have 6 of already). It takes me about an hour without DH's input to plan meals for a week, about half that time if he deigns to help me out. If I find myself not really looking forward to the salmon salad I planned out, there's always a backup lunch in the pantry.

The key is getting your pantry filled with the basics (tinned fish, tinned tomatoes, rice, pasta, etc) and going from there. I can make a really nice tuna risotto with a bit of tinned tuna, vegetable stock and a few herbs.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

The Christmas challenge was very frustrating for me because the scale seemed to just go up and up and up rather than in the other direction. So, I think I might step away from the numbers on the scale types of goals. It's just making me more frustrated as time goes on.

Valentine's Day Goals:

1) Eat healthier
2) Continue improving my jogging times/distances
3) Increase strength training time

Hopefully, doing this (especially #1) will help get myself back on track and the weight loss will show as a result.

As for 2010 resolutions, I would love for this year to be the last year of losing, but we shall see about that.

1) Continue losing weight
2) Sign up for a couple classes to get me closer to a pay scale jump
3) Learn a new skill
4) Accessorize more with my outfits
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote