Old 08-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/135/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Ate like a pig for 2 days...Lost 2 pounds!?!?

I'm not complaining, but why would I suddenly lose 2 pounds after a day and a half (Sunday night & Monday) of pigging out?

We went camping for just 2 nights and I decided beforehand that I was going to eat with the rest of my family and not even worry about it. I ate hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, smores, cookies.....and came home afraid to get on the scale, but was shocked to see that I was 2 pounds DOWN?

Will it all catch up with me by tomorrow morning?
Mama2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Were you really active all weekend? I always find that I prefer to do my 'official' weigh in on Sundays/Mondays because I am more active on the weekends than on the weekdays even if I eat more. I weigh myself almost everyday too (habit). So if you did a lot of hiking or just being more active in general that could have offset any yummy food you ate!

Meanwhile I am glad you had a great weekend and didn't worry about food!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #3  

Yeah, I suppose I was....we went swimming a couple of times, played some mini-golf, rowed a boat....and of course walked back and forth to the potty a few hundred times with the kids. LOL
Old 08-18-2010, 02:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Mmmm, I can't say this is necessarily the same for you as it is me but these days when I say I ate like a pig it just doesn't mean the same as it used to mean. I find that even when I pig out, I am unconsciously monitoring my portions, because it's just a good habit for me now. I mean one hotdog isn't going to make you put on weight but having 4 in one meal probably would. The same for the other items you mentioned. One s'more isn't that high in calories but eating 6 would probably tip you over your daily quota. Sometimes we can stay in our calorie range but feel guilty because we know we weren't necessarily eating the best foods. Hope that makes sense...

Maybe you really didn't eat as much as you think you did? Or maybe you were active enough to counteract the excess or maybe it's a combination of the two....

I say, do better next time and don't look a gift horse in the mouth...

Last edited by ANewCreation; 08-18-2010 at 02:42 AM.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:45 AM   #5  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

actually sometimes when I've been a plateau in the past, I will purposely eat off plan for a few days to shake up my system. and it always seems to work this way for me now. I always have my best losses after having an off plan meal on rare occasions. I think our bodies get so used to eating the same way they adapt. so when you switch it up it kinda shocks it.. this isn't to condone bad eating or say its ok all the time to go off plan because it will make you lose more I'm just saying something about it seems to prevent plateaus- only if done rarely! after long periods of eating ON plan!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

You recently had a long stall, right? Well, during that long stall, you were burning fat, you were just retaining water at the same time so the scale couldn't see it. Then your body started shedding the water for whatever reason (bodies are weird) and you started to see weight loss. What you are seeing on the scale is not, IMO, the result of 2 days of eating. It's the result of all those weeks of hard work you did before.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #7  

Not really a long stall, I came off low carb 2 weeks ago and gained 5 pound that first week. Then last week (week 2) I was losing a small amount every day, like a couple of ounces I think.

I also did drink ALOT of water while camping, because it was hot.....I've found that I don't lose much weight if I slack on the water drinking so maybe that had something to do with it too.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Jillian Michaels says to have an occasional high calorie day to keep from going into a plateau. Watching Biggest Loser, the temptation caver always has a good weight in. I'm all for looking forward to a break! The light at the end of the tunnel gives me something to plan for But I agree with the other posts...you may not have been as bad as you thought. If I "pig out" I find that it's half the amount that I used to be able to consume. Hot weather & activity usually curbs your appetite too. Good girl with the water, that's always my hardest hurdle!
FatDogLane is offline   Reply With Quote