Old 06-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

Default Should I increase my calories now?

I have been at about 1200 calories. I started calorie counting almost a month ago. About two weeks ago I started exercising regularly. Since I now exercise regularly should I increase my calories? I exercise between 35-40 min every day on the eliptical.
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

How do you feel? People on this board who have had amazing, sustained success seem to advocate eating more than that, period. That is about what I eat, though, and it seems to be working so far... But I never ate that much before, either. I do not add calories for exercise, but I do get more careful about the nutrients in my calories, to make sure I am getting enough protein to build muscle rather than lose it. Also, I pay pretty close attention to my energy levels, and am prepared to eat more if that is what my body needs.
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You could try increasing by 100 cals a day for a couple of weeks and see how that goes. Then increase another 100 for a couple more weeks. And so on.

Depending on your age, you might be able to continue to lose weight at closer to 1500 or even 1600 as time goes on, if you keep exercising. Give yourself a rest every three or four days, though.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #4  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I think you would do better at 1400 - 1500 calories per day.

Just be sure that you are getting what you need from your food.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote