Old 03-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/190/150

Default Ideas For Boneless Chicken Breast?

I have a big package of boneless chicken breast in the freezer, and I know that they are great for calorie counters. Can anyone share how they cook them in a low-calorie fashion that they are tasty?

I suppose my days of floured, deep fried, drenched in buffalo wing sauce and served with blue cheese dressing are pretty much over!!
twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Height: 5'8"

My favorite easy way is stir frying. Toss a breast or two in the pan frozen, and let the heat thaw them out. Once they're mostly thawed, use a pancake flipper to cut them into smaller pieces. Throw in a bag of frozen broccoli, and add some soy sauce and garlic seasoning to the pan.
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #3  

I like them baked. I brush them with a little olive oil and dust them with salt, pepper, dried or fresh rosemary, and sometimes garlic, or sometimes I squirt a little lemon juice on it. It so easy and yummy. That's what I'm having for dinner tonight with a salad and steamed broccoli with garlic. I love garlic!
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Cut the breast in half (butterfly). Sprinkle inside with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Put one piece of swiss cheese and one piece of ham on the inside. Fold chicken over. Brown on both sides in oven proof skillet in EVOO. Finish cooking in oven. YUM!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #5  
1200 cal or more

S/C/G: 201/175.6/164

Height: 5'7'' Age 29

Great Thread
I just bought a bag of frozen chicken so I will come back here for the great ideas.
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #6  
rainy

I like those slices just put into a pan with unsweetened pineapple juice and letting them cook until the juice turns into a sauce...yumm!!
Old 03-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #7  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I have a couple options...

One you can measure out a table spoon of your favorite barbecue sauce I like sweet baby rays it's only about 25 cal. broil it in the oven.. yummers!

You can marinate it in Italian dressing and bake

I also just like to season it with a little seasoning salt, pepper, garlic and herb mrs, dash and a little garlic salt! soo good

or if you like mexican tasting food.. you can take a can of diced canned tomatoes with green chiles pour that over the top of the chicken breast with half a can of water, add a little chicken broth or stalk, dice up to onions and jalepeno/s throw that in.. add a few seasoning liek paprika, cayenne pepper, chipotle seasoning, what ever you like! let that stew/ fry in the pan for about 25-30 mins on medium shred the chicken up and you can put it on extra thin tortillas. they are only 80 cals for 2 tortilla. or low carb wheat tortillas.. or you could cut it in chunks and put it on top of salad for a taco salad
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Hmmm I love my George Forman grill. I butterfly a chicken breast and grill it and then drizzle it with a couple of tablespoons of buffalo sauce. A lot of those are only 15 calories a tbsp and 2 tbs will flavor a whole breast. If I was particularly good that morning I'll take a 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, spritz both sides with a spritz of I can't believe it's not butter or pam and then press it into the crumbs and then pop it on the grill. Also low fat blue cheese crumbles aren't that bad if you use them in moderation so if you melted some on top of the breaded chicken it wouldn't be that bad.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

I like to make a slice in the side and fill with low fat cream cheese, then wrap in 2 rashers of leanest bacon preferably smoked, and bake in the oven till crispy, served on some some noodles with a little bit of green salad
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Misora, is the George Forman really any good? or do you get the same effect from a standard oven grill (or broil) ?
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #11  
1200 cal or more

S/C/G: 201/175.6/164

Height: 5'7'' Age 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshinogi View Post
Hey Misora, is the George Forman really any good? or do you get the same effect from a standard oven grill (or broil) ?
I'm not Misora, but wanted to say I LOVe my george Forman I had a little 4 Habburger one and I had to get the bigger one hold about 8 hamburgers. About 6 chicken breast flattened. It cooks quick and all the fat drains out.
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/199/174

Height: 5'-11"

We use these in lots of ways (most already mentioned):

Season with season salt, pepper and garlic then broil or grill, when cooked cut into strips and serve on salad.

Use in stir fry

with BBQ sauce - alone or on a sandwich

with cream of mushroom soup and rice (though I haven't eaten this since I've been trying to cut calories)
juls64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #13  
BELIEVE!

Here's a great thread with a gazillion ideas.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123200
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Here's a few ways that we love boneless chicken breasts at our house. They get rave reviews from my family and guests alike.

Robin's Chicken Marsala

Makes 6 serving, can easily be adjusted for more or less

6 - 6 oz. skinless chicken cutlets
2 TBSP flour
garlic & onion powders
1 medium onion, chopped
10 oz. fresh white mushrooms, sliced thin (I've substituted canned in a pinch)
2 cloves garlic, minced
non-stick cooking spray
1 tsp olive or canola oil
1/2 - 3/4 cup marsala wine (use more or less according to your taste. We like it STRONG.
about 3 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 - 1/2 cup chicken broth, I use the powdered consome' (boullion cube) and water
1/4 tsp fine black pepper
1 tsp dried parsley, can use fresh instead

-Lay out the cutlets on a plate, sprinkle generously with the garlic and onion powders and flour. Don't be concerned if it's all not coated - it's fine. Set aside.

-In a large skillet, coated well with non-stick cooking spray & 1 tsp oil, brown the onion, til just about brown. Add the mushrooms and brown them as well. Just needs a minute or two longer. Add the fresh garlic, saute a minute. Remove this mixture from the pan and place into a bowl. Set aside.

-Spray your pan once again. Add the chicken cutlets and saute' on both sides til just browned. Doesn't take long, maybe 3 -4 minutes per side. Add back to the pan the onion/mushroom mixture. Add the marsala wine, the chicken broth, the lemon juice, black pepper and parsley. Cook for about 5 -6 minutes. Til chicken is just done.

This is also my method for lemon chicken I just elminate the wine and up the lemon. Yumm.

This is also my method for Chicken with Spinach & Mushrooms. After I brown the onions, mushrooms, and garlic I add 2 bags of fresh spinach and saute that til wilted. . I don't use the marsala wine. I do up the chicken broth though. It's also super yummy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #15  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I spray very lightly with olive oil and put em on my foreman grill. Once they are within 20 degrees of target temp I coat in paprika, garlic powder and other seasonings depending on my mood.

I cut them up into strips or chunks and marinate in lemon juice, white whine and crushed herbs 3 hours later dump the marinade and chicken in a big wok pan and stirfry with zuchini, peppers, a leek, brocolli, fresh basil, spinach and carrots then toss with one serving of whole grain pasta and a tiny drizzle of olive oil, season with garlic salt to taste and... chicken primavera!

I will also bake it in the oven with a little chipotle BBQ sauce (per breast :chipotle paste for smokyness if you can't find the paste used dried and add just a little dab of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of nautral tomato paste, a dash of balsimic vinegar, a little splenda but a pinch of sugar works too and spices blended till smooth). Serve with slaw made with nonfat yogurt for half the mayo, and use low fat mayo too. Season slaw with celery seed, garlic salt, white pepper & taragon. Go have yourself a picnic.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote