Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #121  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello all. Wow, so many new challengers I can hardly keep up with whos who. Ha, ha. I guess that's my age showing. Anywho, there seems to be lots of enthusiasm going around.

What a long week this seems to be for me. Not that I mind a long week it's that I'd like to weigh in and know how I'm doing. Can't do that everyday because I'll become obsessed with weighing and I'll be like the woman in the Quaker Oats ad who goes around with the scales chained to her leg.

I've been pretty much on plan with food since last Friday so I'm hoping to see some improvements on the scale this Saturday. I am however having some difficulty getting on plan with my exercise. I had bought a new exercise bike last weekend but had to return it because of missing parts and I haven't gotten on my old bike at all. And I've only jogged once. I've done my circuit workout though so that's at least on track. Today is my jog/bike day so I hope I will go ahead and do that.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #122  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning CC Friends!

I'm sitting around the waiting room at the car place getting some work done. It's nice to have wireless.

Yesterday was another darn good day! I love it. I did notice that on the days that I work from home (I go in the office 3 days and do 2 at home) my snacking gets more difficult. It's time for a good cleaning/orgainizing of the pantry/cabinets and a good grocery trip so I can stay on top of things. Hopefully tonight I'll have some time. Even when I'm at home I need to plan my food day just like when I'm in the office.

Anyway...I had a great strength training session yesterday, followed by cardio, stayed w/in my calories...and was rewarded with a gain today. I know better than to worry about the daily fluctuations, but it can be maddening.

BBB - Nothing secret or magical behind this curtain. Yes, I've had pretty great success since August, but I've worked for it! I diligently count my calories and stick w/in 1600-1800 per day. I hit the gym 7 days a week...3 of those days are weight training. I drink loads of water. I'm not dieting. I'm changing the way I live. I feel better than I've felt in a long, long time. I'm doing my best to enjoy the journey and learn how to life a happy and healthy lifestyle. You can do it too! We can all do it! We are in control!!!!

I'm gonna run and do a little work while I sit here....

Wishing everyone a WONDERFUL day!!! Take care of yourselves and remember YOU are in control.

BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #123  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Jams - you're right about just starting out slowly. I tend to get burned out if I jump into it with full force! right now I need to focus on making exercise habit rather than a "nuisance!"

bratty- I tend to lean towards the napping, too, when I feel tired! But that guy has some good advice... I usually feel much more energized and can make it the rest of the night with much more activity if I go to the gym rather than going home to nap.

Eiluj - glad I could make ya chuckle!

Well, I signed up for 8 personal training sessions with my gym. I told the guy I wanted to RUN a 5k this year and he says "oh that's so easy!" I'm like, do I LOOK like someone who runs a 5k all the time, let alone runs in general?? I am looking forward to it, though. It will keep me accountible and motivated.

I have to make today's workout really count as we will be traveling to TX tomorrow for my granddad's funeral, and I won't have access to a gym. Plus, I can work out some of these emotions I'm feeling at the gym, instead of my usual M.O., which is with food.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #124  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Height: 5'6"

I'm up to 4 pounds off since I started. I know that's just a temporary rate, but it makes me feel good to get that quick feedback.
Eiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #125  
FB

Ah! Relief! My weight mysteriously shot up by 5 pounds in the last week, only to return to normal today. So now I'm really working on the challenge - not battling an extra 5 pounds o' water.

Tomorrow is going to be a gorgeous unseasonably warm day in the 50's. I'm going to take advantage of it with a quick 20 mile bike ride. I'm debating on whether or not I should invite a friend to come along. Love her dearly, but the hour it normally takes will require 2 or 3 if we do it together. Better 'burn' if I go it alone, but it's more fun together! Hmmm. Eh, she can wait until spring for a ride.

Ruthy ruth - I LOVE before and after photographs too. LOVE them. But I'm sucky at documenting my loss. I don't have any great before photos - I ran from the camera. They were discouraging for me to take when I first started losing, so I didn't. Better to be happy.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #126  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Morning, ladies!

FB, glad you got the mystery weight off. Have fun with your bike ride!

My weight is back to normal, too, after the "missed the workout" bloat. 182 even both yesterday and today. I am keeping it OP and working like mad to get out of the 180s!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #127  

What ever I am doing must be working because the scale keeps coming down.I had a really good day yesterday.
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #128  
FB

Cheryl (now wasn't that uncharacteristically grownup of me, using a first name?),
How do you like Crossfit? I want to know more about it. Is there a website or book you can recommend to me? What made you choose that? Are you still doing NROL or whatever it was (was it B4L?). I want to know about this!

cphotographer - yay! The scale moving down is certainly pleasant, isn't it? Tell us more about what you're doing. We're nosy people.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #129  

I am eating around 1800 calories.I have been eating every hour or two,alot of protein and veggies.I drink alot of water.
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 147.5/152.5/135

Height: 5'6

Default calorie counting

I finally lost another pound !
one of the crew has been sick for days now so I had to pull some of her weight (we clean houses)now I know why she is thin...
and today i went out as well so i expect some more poundage to come off !
I hope everybody out there is well
I think of some of you when i want to eat crap
& at weigh in (:
melinda4952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #131  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Yup, warm all year round. Mean maximum in July (middle of winter) is 20.4oC (that's 68.7 F). And it never really gets below 10 (50F) even in the deepest darkest depths of the coldest winter night.

I love it! It just makes exercising outside a bit challenging, that's all. But no more so than snow/sleet/driving rain would.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #132  
BELIEVE!

Howdy Friends!

The scale is being very, very stubborn this week. Tomorrow is my "official" weigh in day so we'll see what things look like. When I have a really slow week the next week seems to make up for it. Let's hope...

FB - Since when do "quick" and "20 miles" go together? Guess I'll figure it out this spring when I look into biking. Yay for the disappearing mystery weight!

Jam - 170s here you come!!!!

cphoto - Great news that things are moving in the right direction!!!!

Melinda - awesome on another pound gone!

Eiluj - 4 pounds is great! Keep it up!

I think I'm going to call it a night! HELLO to everyone!!!!

Catch ya on the flip side....
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I'm always up for a challenge. I need something to kick me in gear. I've been at a stand still with my weight loss over the last couple weeks and I know why. I need to exercise more. So, that is my first goal.

I want to lose 10 more pounds by valentine's day.
SW:225
GW:215 (fit into an old pair of jeans that are collecting dust!)
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:19 AM   #134  
Age Quod Agis

S/C/G: 184/177/134

Height: 5'5.5''

Default major foul-up today

I actually woke up in time to go to the gym, made my flaxseed-bread w/ cream cheese & salmon for breakast (OP), and was feeling pretty good about myself.

Then came the sub-sandwich buffet at my lunch meeting.
Chicken parm, meatball parm, sausage parm, & eggplant parm. I chose the chicken parm & told myself I'll just eat the chicken & parm off the sandwich and leave the bread. As a took my first bite into the chicken, I realized that it was a bad choice- the chicken was breaded! At that point, I'd already gotten my first delicious, mouth-watering bite, so it was too late- the floodgates had opened. So I ate all the breaded chicken, parmesan cheese, & most of the marina sauce (which is a DEFINITE induction no-no), and partially wrapped back up the hoagie in the foil. But as one person after another droned on, that darn hoagie roll started to BLATANTLY FLIRT with me! The delicious soggy part of the bread (you know, that part that got soaked with marina sauce) peaked out at me and glistened oh-so-suggestively, and it was more than I can handle. I ended up eating 1/2 the thing!

LESSON OF THE DAY: No "just a taste"- ing. It really is the "kiss of death" that Dr. Atkins described it as. I will not take "a taste" of ANYTHING off plan unless I am prepared to deal with the consequences of eating the whole thing.

Sigh... tomorrow is a new day. Back to my pre-prepped meals... at least I can do no wrong with those.
sweetshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:25 AM   #135  
Age Quod Agis

S/C/G: 184/177/134

Height: 5'5.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetshauna View Post
So I ate all the breaded chicken, parmesan cheese, & most of the marina sauce (which is a DEFINITE induction no-no), and partially wrapped back up the hoagie in the foil. But as one person after another droned on, that darn hoagie roll started to BLATANTLY FLIRT with me! The delicious soggy part of the bread (you know, that part that got soaked with marina sauce) peaked out at me and glistened oh-so-suggestively, and it was more than I can handle. I ended up eating 1/2 the thing!
Don't you just hate those hoagies... they're so easy... always trying to get you into compromising situations (you know, the kinds that leave you with feelings of guilt and shame) ... no respect for themselves

LMAO
sweetshauna is offline   Reply With Quote