Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #46  
start date dec 2008

S/C/G: goal 10 at a time!

Height: 5'9"

wow hello everyone,

Pardon me while i stare at the JAMINATOR! holy crapp!!! yes she is my real sister but we haven't seen each other since our mom passed in 2001. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jammy-blammer you have always been so pretty but you dont even know it! but now!

FB- Cheryl does not know how to do comparison pic so please tell her how-ALSO she is skinnier than this now since this pic was taken back in JULY!!
so she needs to put up 3 pics i say!!

everyone here is an inspiration.:cheer 3:

very nice new pic BArb!
welcome to ALL the new peeps!

dont be discouraged about the 30 posts before you can do a ticker! look at me! by the time i was legally able to get one, i forgot i ever wanted one!

i cant keep up with everyone, because i'm slow that way! - but i want to say good luck as we move forward and progress to our goal!
brattybratbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #47  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Button, and to your first CC holiday challenge! Just keep working that plan every day, and you'll get it all together. Good luck with your goal!

BBB, that pic is close enough for now. Besides, I like lookin' all MIB for now. Glad to see you back on the board...don't go awol on me, my dawg!

Barb, what she said! Love the new picture!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:04 AM   #48  
Age Quod Agis

S/C/G: 184/177/134

Height: 5'5.5''

Default funny story: stop & shop hissy-fit

jams8r, if you thought the donut thing was funny, yeah, I have another one for you:

So today I went grocery shopping with my brother and my cousin to stock up before things get busy this year, and we're talking about what to buy for dinner for tonight. So while I'm picking up all my vals challenge ammo: parmesan cheese, spinach, onions, smoked salmon, etc. and he and my cousin decides that they want pasta for dinner. In my head I'm like "oh shoot, this is gonna get ugly." But of course being a gracious host (and loving sister) I comply and I get regular pasta (he hates whole wheat) and parmesan ricotta prego sauce.

So he and my cousin decide they wanted dessert , and they pick up tray of cinammon swirl buns. I'm like to myself, "OK girl, just say no once these ooey gooey goodness gets in the apartment- you can make it through." We then proceed to the frozen food section, and while I'm scoping out string cheese and cracker barrel snack sticks, they're coasting the ice cream freezers. I kindly ask them to buy a very small container so that they don't leave any ice cream behind in my apartment when they leave tomorrow. Eventually they couldn't find the brand and flavor they want in pint-size (it only came in 1/2 gallon), so they decide not do get it.

So we go to the cash register, and I'm unloading the groceries on the cashier belt, I spot a tray of ICED OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES on top (yes, on top!!) of the cinnamon swirl bun carton. For some reason it was more than I could handle at the moment and I flipped out and I shouted "WHO PUT THIS IN THERE!" My brother gave me the guilty look and fessed up that it was him. I then ordered him to choose. I was like "its the cinnamon buns or the cookies, we CANNOT get both!" So he chose the cinnamon buns. I then turn around and I realized that the cashier saw the whole episode and was looking like I was a crazy person.

In retrospect I realize that was ABSURD behavior (absurd beyond measure), but all-in-all it was pretty funny.

And last but not least, I DID have BOTH the white-flour pasta AND the cinnamon swirl bun. SMH.
sweetshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #49  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Shauna, I like you already! Those punks are going back where they came from, right? Like anybody can tell the diff between regular pasta and whole wheat when it's drowned in sauce! Well, you're a good sister, but you might just have to draw the line in your own apartment. My son is 12. I told him, if he wants any groceries that I'm not buying, like sodas and chips and mac'n'cheese, he can use his own money to buy it, and if it's chocolate, I don't want to see it. Funny, he got off the junk real fast when he had to spend his own money on it! Glad you picked up your survival food, tho. I couldn't live without parm cheese myself...I put it on everything. Tomorrow I have to go restock my foods, too: salmon, chicken, broccoli, baby spinach, Ken's Steakhouse lite honey mustard salad dressing (my new for broccoli)...I think that's all I'm running out of this week.

Well, I needed a workout, so I moseyed over to the Crossfit website tonight. Decided to do a 1/2 scaled version of Murph, never done that one before, and had to sub sit-ups since I have no way to do pull-ups at home. Ended up with:
1/2 mile run
50 sit-ups
100 push-ups
150 squats
1/2 mile run

Glad I didn't go for the original 1 mile run at both ends, cuz my legs were toast after all those squats. Great workout, though. 47:30 mins. I go die now.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #50  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Jamster -

Yeah no matter what asking around seems to always work best for me. I had as many free riding lessons as I wanted when I was a kid just because all the trainers sort of adopted me. I jumped some but never took to it - I like backcountry stuff a lot more but it has it's own challenges.

Man all these posts about food are reminding me I really need to get to the store tomorrow! Way to put your foot down Shauna!

So far so good on my plan - Staying under calories so far each day. I feel really bloated and ... well ... bloated lol. Don't know what's up with that.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #51  

I made it through day3,barely but I made it.

keep up the good work everyone!
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #52  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Chub, you are doing great. What kind of photography do you do? You might have said, but if so, I've forgotten. Glad you're staying OP!

Rodeo, backcountry, that sounds awesome, too. Do you go on any overnights or longer trips? On the bloat, I've had a couple causes of this for myself: too much sodium (my personal rule is that if it has more than 200 mg per serving, I don't want to eat it, not on a regular basis), pre-TOM, and after a good weight lifting workout (especially in the very beginning or with full body workouts). There are probably other reasons to bloat up, but those are usually the culprits for me. For all, the cure is water and time.

I got another 0.2 lb out of the scale this morning. Here's hoping it keeps going down more often than not. I'd like to push on by my previous low, which I keep track of on 3FC. Seems like the key for me is daily workouts, besides keeping it POP with the food. I got my water in yesterday, as well. This morning's weight was 182.4, that's 1 lb down for my V-day goal!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 199/197/140

Height: 5'3"

Shauna - I've been there with the desserts!! Around Christmas time my sister had all these great sweets for us all to make. Which was great for family togetherness but awful for my weight! My dad has lost 60 lbs by completely changing his diet and exercising more. Well even he fell sucker to a few too many cookies! The good news is that was last year!! New year (new day) new start!
thatbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #54  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!

I would like to join this challenge! I started counting calories back in October and it has really helped. I haven't been counting them very well the last two weeks though since DH was off work for Christmas vacation. That always messes me up. I have been sick off and on since Christmas and haven't worked out at all so I'm looking forward to getting back on track tomorrow if I am feeling good again.
My goal was to be 165 by the end of the year but since that didn't happen I am going to have to work extra hard to be close to my original goals for this year. Today my weight was 168.2, but I have been sicker the last couple of days so I hope that doesn't go back up once I'm back to normal. I'm going to set my goal for Valentine's Day at 160-163.

sweetshauna: I have done the same thing to my husband numerous times. Sometimes when he's in the store with me he starts trying to put junk in the cart and I'm like "You are not getting that, put it back!" Sometimes he laughs and other times he gets mad.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #55  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Button, great to hear from you. Like you, I'm glad to have the holiday foodfest over with!

Ruth, welcome to the challenge. That is a gorgeous dog you've got there! My mom used to have GSDs all the time, and I miss their personality at times. The hair? Not so much, lol. Good luck with your V-day goal!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 253/243/155

Hi calorie counting people. I would love to join this challenge. I go back to work tomorrow so the holidays are over and it is time to get back to work and back to work on improving myself. Honestly, I am looking forward to getting the family back in a routine. Anyway, I have decided that calorie counting is something I can do for the rest of my life and I will never find a "diet" that I feel that way about so here I am! My Valentine's Day goal is to lose 10 pounds. Thanks for letting me join. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
happy2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #57  

S/C/G: SCG: 226/210/165

Height: 5'9"

I would like to join too! I started counting calories back in August and have since gotten off track. Now I'm back on! I would like to lose 8 pounds by Valentines day.
Jermsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #58  
BELIEVE!

Hi Friends!

Man o' man...I don't know what's into me today. I am absolutely starved. It's driving me nuts. I've still been a good girl and have a salad waiting on me for after the boys go to bed, but my tummy is not happy. This is honestly the worst day I've had in terms of wanting to snack. So, I'm keeping my hands busy typing....and we are nervously watching the Eagles game!

Actually I think protein could be a part of my prob today....looking at Fitday I haven't had enough of it. I'm just rambling and thinking out loud. It's not even PMS.

Thanks for the compliements on my new pic. That was taken a few days ago showing my 80# loss. I like to do comparision pics every 10 pounds or so. I love to see the difference in my bod. This time was weird though...I got really emotional looking at some of my "before" pics. I was so sad looking at myself and knowing how miserable I was. I can't believe I ever let myself get to that point and I'm scared to death of ever getting back there again. NO NO NO....I will never do that.

Tomorrow I head back to work for the first time in 2 weeks. I'm not looking forward to the alarm going off at 5:30am, but I am looking forward to getting back to my usual routine.

Ok, I'm going to stop babbling for now and get ready to bathe the little fellas.

Hi to all my buddies! Welcome to our new challenge friends!

Catch ya laters....
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!! Glad to hear everyone is plugging along! And to all the newbies!!

I am soooo glad that the holidays are officially over. I weighed in today and was very, very disappointed to see 210 on the scale. Things have been really crazy around here the last couple of weeks. Christmas threw me off and then New Year, the death of my SO's Grammie and we had our final "holiday" party yesterday. So now I have no excuses for not getting my stuff together!

Ugh well enough crabbing!! Hope everyone has a great night!

Last edited by AngelMae; 01-04-2009 at 07:06 PM.
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #60  
FB

Blech - I'm having a gray snacky day too Barb. I'm perturbed my weight is up a little for no good reason and that my back still hurts.

To remedy that I decided to do a little biking. It's been forever. NOT a good idea . It's 24 degrees out, 22 mph winds and I forgot my gloves. To top it all off I banged my lady parts against the post. OUCH! I did do 6 miles in 30 minutes though. Not a good time for me - but the conditions were against me today. I consider it a victory.

It cheered me up though, hells yeah to the hardcore me!

Jams - that's one heck of a workout! I slack with pushups, I really do.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote