Old 09-12-2008, 02:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 194/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Subbing is subscribing to the thread so that when a new reply is posted you get an email notification.

Another lo cal snack I like that I can make in the microwave

1/2 cup instant brown rice
1/2 serving of eating right (the safeway brand) black bean soup

I mix those two together and it is really good and only about 240 calories. I also add a 1/2 serving of reduced fat weight watchers cheese sometimes and that will bring it to 275 calories.

Watermelon is also one of my favorite snacks because it is pretty filling to me and only 9 calories per oz.
jyvonne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #17  
99 lbs. Gone!

The soup and rice sounds yummy, jyvonne! I love, Love, LOVE watermelon, but unfortunately, I'm allergic to it. But I can have cantaloupe.

I got an email from HungryGirl today that states two Special K, Kashi, and Eggo whole wheat waffles are less than 200 calories! I just may pick up some of those.

Last edited by ToutDeSuite; 09-12-2008 at 08:13 AM.
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

One of my very favorite snacks is ff cottage cheese with fresh veggies.
I like radishes and cucumbers or tomatoes and broccoli or any combination.
You gals have some great ideas, thanks for sharing.
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

There are tons of options.

1. Starbucks Tall Mocha Frappucino (no Whip) is only 200 Calories! A Grande (no whip) is 260.

2. Pepperoni Pizza on whole wheat bread. I don't have the exact calories, but it's one slice of whole bread, a TBSP (I think) of Spaghetti sauce, garlic salt,a TBSP of cheese, and 4 pieces of pepperoni. This will be in the 200 range...maybe less.

3. Egg Salad or tuna Sandwich

4. Low cal Omelette

Those are a few of my favorites.
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:25 AM   #20  
99 lbs. Gone!

This is pretty good, y'all (I just heard Paula Dean when I typed that!). Anyway, I don't know what went wrong with the calorie stats but according to Hungry Girl (HG), it's a lot less than what recipezaar calculated. So, make sure you read the intro to the recipe because the actual calories are stated there (220 calories). Also, read my review (it's the only one at this time). I substituted lean ground beef for the soy crumbles and it was delicious! I make this one a lot!

HG's Hot Tamale Pie:
http://www.recipezaar.com/318247
Old 09-14-2008, 06:27 AM   #21  
99 lbs. Gone!

My fruit pizza recipe is ready to test. It'll come to about 210 calories. Hopefully, I'll be posting it soon!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #22  
99 lbs. Gone!

I found this recipe on HG:

Perfect Pepperoni Pizzas

Ingredients:

1 light english muffin (like the ones by Thomas' and Weight Watchers)
2 tbsp. canned tomato sauce; seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, spices
8 Slices Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
1 oz. Shredded Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese

Split english muffin, spread sauce on each half. Top with cheese. Place pepperoni on top (cut pepperoni into small pieces & it'll seem like more). Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

Serves: 1
187 calories, 3g Fat, 875mg Sodium, 24 Carbs, 6.5g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 19g Protein -- 3 Points
Old 09-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #23  
99 lbs. Gone!

I just ordered a case of 6 cans of Caffe D'vita White Chocolate Cappucino for my fraps. It's so good and I can't find it locally, so now I'm set for awhile. Oh, and I found out it's caffeine-free! Since I've been limiting my caffeine intake, I'm happy to hear this!
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #24  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

General Internations on the go Cafe Mocha, Vanilla Latte, and Hazelnut Cappuccino. I make this with 1 % milk so it is 160 calories, 60 calories if you use water.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #25  
99 lbs. Gone!

I came up with some more ideas today.

1/2 grilled cheese/egg salad (Use 1 egg with Hellman's low-fat mayo, one slice of Nature's Own whole wheat bread, and 1 Kraft 2% singles -- grill grilled cheese open faced, remove from heat, cut in half, add egg salad, slap together, and eat) with small fruit

Shrimp fried rice (brown rice, egg, shrimp, peas, green onion, soy sauce)

Moroccan pork chops and small portion of a baked plantain

Curried or lemon peppered chicken salad (I bought some 3 oz. cans of chicken breast today -- they're 70 calories a can) -- I'm going to add celery, red bell pepper, Hellman's low-fat mayo, spice of choice (curry or lemon pepper) and slap this on Nature's Own bread. You could add grapes too.

Moraccan Pork Chops (yummy!)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
4 boneless lean pork chops

In a large-sized zip lock bag, shake spice to combine. And pork chops and shake to coat with spice mixture. Allow to marinade 20 minutes. Grill (I use the George Foreman) or fry in a non-stick skillet (or skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) until done.

Last edited by ToutDeSuite; 09-15-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #26  
99 lbs. Gone!

Here's a recipe for baked plantains. One whole plantain is 218 calories.

http://www.recipezaar.com/80130

Note: very ripe plantains are yellow and spotted.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:07 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 194/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I made this as a part of my dinner tonight and it was yummy

Marinate 2 oz chicken breast in liquid smoke
Toss 10 stalks asparagus in 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp liquid smoke and black pepper

I grilled both on the george foreman grill- 243 calories
jyvonne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #28  
skinny jeans here i come!

S/C/G: 218/195/160

Height: 6'1

some of my favorites are:

egg white omlette on two slices of weight watchers whole wheat toast (about 200cals)
veggies and salsa (salsa is only 10 cals for 2 tbsp. so i just cut up a bowl of veggies...a HUGE snack for around 100cals)
homemade trail mix (two cups popcorn, 1/8 cup almonds, 1/8 cup raisins, salt and splends...250cals)
apple with splenda and cinnamon (100cals)
crab salad (use the fake crab meat...very low call and low fat! a huge helping for around 200cals depending on the dressing)
banana yogurt smoothie (one banana, one cup yogurt, 2tbsp splenda, 1/2 cup ice...200cals)

yum!!!
zero calories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 218/203/143

Height: 5"10

After trying Panera’s turkey sandwich with spinach artichoke dip, I had to some how use those ingredients in a salad. I’m glad I did, because this is my best creation yet, if I do say so myself!

Spinach-Artichoke Salad

1oz finely chopped onion
1oz artichoke hearts, marinated
1/2oz feta cheese, low fat
1tsp parmesan cheese
1tsp balsamic vinegar
2cups fresh baby spinach
2oz sliced chicken breast
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter flavored Pam

Spray pan with Pam. Saute onions over medium heat until golden brown/caramelized. When caramelized, add artichoke hearts and balsamic vinegar and cook until heated through. Set aside for about 5 minute, just long enough that when added to the spinach, your greens won’t wilt. While onions and artichokes are cooling, pan cook chicken until done. Let cool slightly. Add onion/artichoke mixture and chicken to bed of spinach. Toss well, top with cheese and enjoy!

This salad is LOADED with flavor. I can’t imagine using a dressing on it. The onion/artichoke mixture with the balsamic vinegar makes its own dressing, I guess. It’s right at 275 calories, but if you leave the cheese out that should cut it down to 250. To cut even more calories, substitute dark meat turkey for more flavor and less calories to make this salad only 200 calories, cheese included!
Ktobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #30  
99 lbs. Gone!

Mmmmm... that sounds really good, Ktobias! I had 1 cup of baby lima beans for my last mini meal today -- they were pretty good.