Old 04-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Calorie Counters Chat~April 2008

Hi Everyone! I thought I'd start a new chat since it's April. Time is just flying by isn't it?

Amouse~ You are doing so well! Keep up the good work!

Irish~ Where does it say that your style goes out the window when you become a Mom??? It's not like giving birth ages you 40 years. You are still young, wear what you want. My goodness, it's not like you're asking for a super short mini skirt back!

I hope everyone is enjoying their April Fool's Day!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

I replied on the old post didn't see this one....

also to add I just got a phone call from my mom and they "accidently" forgot my pants. I have a feeling they ruined them and are just trying to cover it up!!!! either that or she really doesn't want me to have them back. GAWD!!!!
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #3  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Irish i agree with zenor you mum is not and never will be a memeber of the fashion police.. lol .. Wear what you like and get those PANTS NOW!!! lol..

I cant believe the auditions are so close and you dumped the coach.. lol that is just too funny .. Will you go to another one before your audition to get a second opinion.. I think that is what i would do.. If your still unsure of your songs. Or have you finally made your mind up? You know you have to sing something that will blow the other contestants away. Good range to show off your voice that you are very happy to sing.. and is best suited to your voice.. anyway gl
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #4  

Amy: lol I know its kind of scary the week before auditions but I find he was messing me up more then helping me. I won't be looking for a coach until at least next month, I don't think it would help jumping to a new coach right before auditions. I have chosen gunnin by hedley and am doing my version of misery business as my second choice. The good thing about canadian idol is it is a lot more open to other styles of music then american idol. Last years winner is an alternative rock singer, we had an indie singer come in 3rd a few years ago, the lead ainger of hedley is sort of punk and he made top 3 and we had 2 punk/indie/emo people make it to the top 22 last year. as well as your typical celine dio,/whitney huston diva singers, the few country singers and the one or 2 rock guys per year. I am very pop punk/punk/emo/screamo and rock influenced so I am glad they are more welcoming for that kind of genre here. my favourtie bands consist of hedley, my chemical romance, the used, AFI, paramore, dashboard confessional, fall out boy, panic at the disco etc. not ur typical idol bands :P
Old 04-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Irish ~ I have to say it does seem as if your family is really different but I think all families have their own unique issues, right are wrong it helps mold who we are. If that is the music you like that is what you are going to do best at singing because that is who you are inside. Music is an expression of self and professionals can tell if what your singing doesn't match who you are inside.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #6  

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS!

Well I decided today I am done playing with this. I am cutting my calories and have a planned all laid out which will allow me freedom to an extent. What I did is I have a set number of calories for each meal and snack that will keep me around 1300 calories a day. Apparently the calorie count I am doing is just allowing me to maintain and I don't want to maintain I want to lose.

The reason I think I have to go a little lower is because of all the years of dieting and starvation has really messed up my metabolism. On top of that I am short. 1300 calories really still allows a variety of foods just no junk which is probably what is causing the problem anyway.

I have my snack ideas and amounts set up and my meals I plan on keeping around 300 but because some of my snacks are lower and I usually don't eat 300 cal. for breakfast, I can go as high as 350 for some meals. Only time will tell if this will work. It will be easier when DH goes back out of town because he is a night snacker and its making me want to snack also. I limited myself to an orange last night but I wanted more.

Well I better get going for now and I will check in in a while.

P.S. I started another thread not realizing that one was already started. It will eventually disappear. LOL!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #7  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Happy April everyone! OMG this year is flying by so fast! I can't believe we're on the 4th month already! I still gotta figure out why I can't get on here from home. Yes, I'm still dealing with that. I went through Fat Chicks withdrawal this weekend. LOL!

GrammyL- Well I went on my scale this morning just to see where I was at. I am making my promise to you and everybody else on here, that I will not hop back on until April 30th! All I can say is my binging last week, made the scale a bit unkind to me. LOL! Good idea, it will be intersting to see how that goes for you!

Irish- I love AFI too! My bro got me into them years ago!!! Way before they hit the maintstream. I love all music.

Zenor- Hey girl! Thanks for starting the post. You know all that talk about NM got me to call my girlfriends and I asked them to send me a 2 lb bag of their roasted green chili. NM is green chili country! LOL!

Amouse- Keep doing what you're doing!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!! My April Fools Day was a pretty emotional one. I hope today is a better one! I am easing my way into working out again! Woohooo!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #8  

Tinky: I loved AFi before they were mainstream too really they still aren't an extremely mainstream band I have run into alot of people who don't know who they are!! I have got the cutest AFI shirt that I can't wait until I fit into when I bought it it was quite small on me so I give about 10lbs until I will fit into it again since even thought I am a lower weight then I was when I wore it I had a baby since then and my body is not the shape it was before.

Grammy: you are so right about the music thing A couple people told me my voice would suit country and i just laughed because even if my voice itself would suit that style of music my personality would defenitly not fit it at all. My teacher had me singing jewel, sarah mclaughlin and amanda marshall at first and well I do like that type of music it wasn't really me. He said I didn't begin to show my true potential until he let me pick a song to learn the next week and I chose a pop punk song by paramore. He said that week that I had defenilty found my genre.

well I finally got my outfit all together I stayed with the tight skinny leg jeans...my husband says they look good and I looked in the mirror and they actually aren't too bad. I bought a new shirt to go with them its black vneck but in the v neck it looks likt there is another shirt underneath that is black and grey striped. I pulled out my favorite spike belt I haven't been able to waer for awhile because it got to small...now it fits again and all the accessories that go with my outfit are balck and white skulls its looks very cute if I do say so myself lol. I just found out that the day of my audition they are holding a free concert for auditioners... its last years canadian idol brain melo who I am secretly in love with lol, and natasha bedingfield who I like but my little sister loves so she is super excited. They said there will be an opening band I am hoping its faber drive because they are on tour with brain melp right now. my biggest problem right now is shoudl I drive to the edge of toronto and take the subway down (parking will be expensive downtown and I am not sure if there will be parking available close to the venue) or should I drive down and try and find parking downtown (I have never taken the subway and I am afraid I will get lost plus...its kind of scary)
My other good news is I am now 175!!! 43lbs lost and I am the weight I was when I met DH. they say at idol they ask you about yourself and if you have any story that makes you special...mine will defenitly be my weight loss journey!! 33lbs lost since jan 2nd sounds like a good human interest story to me. well off to exercise
Old 04-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #9  

Irish ~ You will definitely have to share pics. My DD wanted some skull shoes or something but she never bought them. Like I said, she would love you to death. I wear the jeans you are describing all the time so your outfit is right up my ally also. I like them because they move with me and I have little legs. Most pants I could fit both my legs in one hole. LOL!

Tinky ~ Its not easy resisting the scale that is for sure. I started walking again, something for some reason I stopped. It was so silly because I was livid about doing some kind of cardio each day. It feels SOOOOO good to be doing it again.

I just had an Amy Teriyaki Bowl. I was YUMMMY! Yes it was a little more than the everyday TV dinner but it was still cheaper than going out to eat and it was convenient. One of our faculty didn't believe me that it was all organic, no preservatives, gluten/dairy free and meat free. He had to see it for himself and he couldn't believe it. He is a vegetarian himself and figured there was something hidden but now he knows.

Oh, another thing is Wolf Gangpuck makes some vegetarian tomato soups. They are mouth watering good. A bit high on calories but YUM YUM!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #10  

IRISH

HAPPY DANCE

Old 04-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #11  

HAPPY DANCE FOR AMY!

Old 04-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #12  
back for the 1st time

S/C/G: 263//263//150

Height: 5'6

Is there a sad dance image?! If so, I need one. Man, I have been op for like a week...dont really know how to get back. I am so friggin unmotivated!!
femme fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #13  

Femme ~ Don't let the scale determine how well your doing. I know its hard not to but its not always the best judge of what is going on inside. Did you take measurements when you first started? If you did, redo your measurements and see if you lost inches. Are your cloths fitting better? If your exercising, you could be gaining muscle and losing fat. 1 lb of muscle takes up less space than 1 lb of fat and muscle is a good thing.

HUGS!

Last edited by GrammyL; 04-03-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #14  

OK, I ate to many carrots yesterday and what a cleansing I am getting. LOL! I munched on a bag of baby carrots on the way home last night from shopping. They just really hit the spot.

I was so excited last night. Finally it is warm enough and half way dry enough that I was able to get my horse out last night and ride. He gained so much weight over the winter this year that just another inch and my saddle wouldn't fit, that is scary. He didn't do to bad for his first time out. Tonight I am hoping to get my pony out to take him for a drive.

Then I had to make ICKY for DH because I am tired of hearing how abused he is that I never make him sweets, YUP I ate some. ARG! That is why I don't make it but as long as its only on occasion. We also had fresh asparagus, he had pork tenderloin I had a chik patty, and we had couscous.

I went grocery shopping last night like I said earlier and it is really starting to hurt. I don't know if its because I am buying organic or just in general prices are going up. OUCH! I could give up some of my convenience foods lime my Amy TV dinners but I like them. DH tells me I am just cheap. LOL!

Ok, I have to start losing some weight. I think I am going to put my battery back in my scale to see what is going on. Sorry, addictions are hard to break and since I am trying to do two things at once I feel I am running the risk of failure. Remember I am trying to not log my food and to listen to my body on when its time to eat and how much. I need to make sure through the scale and measurements that I am making progress. The unknown bothers me. DH is also giving flack because he said look, you gave up meat and now your not making any progress. More or less saying that what I am doing isn't healthy nor will it work to finish getting my weight off. That really irritated me.

Tinky ~ Like I said in my last paragraph don't feel alone. I have to measure my progress a little by the scale. I want to be able to get away from logging my food and just be conscious of what I am eating and the only way to know I am doing it right is measurements and the scale. So, I am putting my battery back in.

OK, I bought tempeh. For those who eat it, how do you like to prepare it?

Well I better get going and I will talk to you all later.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #15  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Good Morning everyone! Yesterday, was one up and down day. I swear if I was a drinker, instead of a social drinker, I would of hit the bottle! LOL! Tomorrow I get to have an organizer come into my office and organize my life. I've been stressing about it, since I really don't want anyone to come into my "space." I told the boss that but she forgot. I cleaned up and organized it, to have someone come in and re-organize. Oh well..life goes on.

GrammyL- I know what you mean with the scale. I was about to hop on but I had a nice and fillin Korean dinner last night, and I knew what I ate would alter the scale a bit. I do that with scale as well..I need to see progress so that I know to either tweak things or whatever. As of late though, work stress has been getting the better part of me.

Femme- I second what Grammy says! Sometimes you will lose then the next week it will stay the same, but you end up losing inches. I like to look at it as the body is catching up with the weight loss.

Irish- What a great feeling that will be to be in that shirt again! I saw the cutest Roxy sweater at Macy's and I swore I was going to fit it, but it was a tad small. I was going to buy it and use it as a motivational tool. LOL
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote