Old 01-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default what type of exercise do you do?

I have just started dieting and exercising. I am jumping on a mini trampoline, I can only go for about 10 mins but i guess thats a start in the right direction. I have used the mini tramp before and the weight always fell off fast. I would love to walk but the weather is not allowing it yet.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

I bought an elliptical about a year ago and it is the best thing I have ever purchased (gets my heart going and tones up the muscles). I also use some dumbbells for weight training. If its nice outside, I am out walking/trying to jog.

Whatever gets you moving that you enjoy, works.
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #3  
how many monkey butlers?

S/C/G: 161.2ish/160/130

Height: 5'5

I go to the gym and do 30 minutes on the tredmill at 4.0 mph and 30 minutes on the elliptical (with arms) about 3 or 4 times a week.
ortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5ft 4in

Good for you for doing the mini tram!

I live in MN and right now the wind chill is -36 or something crazy like that. So I know what you mean about not being able to walk outside.

About 3 years ago DH bought me a tredmill and I love it!! I try to walk at least 2 miles 3-5 times a week. We also bought a Wii for Christmas and that is quite the workout. I try and play 30 min of tennis a couple times a week. I am a stay at home mom so I also try and find little things around the house to do like making extra trips up and down the stairs, do squats while I am making lunch or dinner. Every little bit helps!!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #5  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I run at least four times a week, and strength train with weights two or three times a week.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I love the idea of the min tramp!! How much does one cost? My kids woudl probably love it too!!

As for walking have you considered going to the mall to walk? I just came back from doing that. The trick is to go b4 the stores open so you won't be tempted to stop!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I walk on the treadmill for about 30 min every day. I will also do WATP videos -- I do the 3 fast miles and 3 miles for the abs. I tried a George Foreman walk and box one, but I think he's been hit in the head a few too many times. I prefer a little faster pace. I am going to get some weights this weekend and start doing some weight training. I'm leaning towards getting a kettlebell. I've talked with people that use them and love it. I also do daycare, so I get lots and lots of exercise during the day
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/275.8/180

Height: 5'3

I checked out one of the mini trampolines's at Sports Authority the other day, it was around $49.99 for the mid size and $29.99 for the small, I was intersted in them, after I saw the workout on our Exercise TV Channel.

I use the Stability Ball for ab exercise, it's great, I love it! It's fun & it gets a good workout, I found a really good routine on Exercise TV Channel that I love to do.. it's about 30 minutes,and like I said, works really well.

I also go to the gym with my hubby, lately not as much, because I lost my license because i forgot to pay a dam ticket, and not I can't drive, unless he takes me some where! ergh... anyway, when I get the chance to go, I have the following routine

30 minutes on the elliptical @ 3.6 - 4.6 mph (about 350 cals)

15 minutes on treamill @ .5 -2.0 (cool down)

Stability Ball Floor Exercise (abs) 30 minutes

15 minutes on the treadmill @ 2.5 -3.0 mph (this is about 100 cals)

15 minutes on the treadmill @ .5 - 2.0 (cool down)
wingsofbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #9  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

My normal routine is:

Mon-Wed-Fri: strength training (either an hour class at gym that uses weights or resistence band and weights at home) and 15-30 min cardio

Tues-Thurs: jogging 30 min on treadmill

Sun: jogging 30 min on treadmill and then an hour class at gym that combines yoga, and pilates

I also occasionally do either the cardio or sculpting Biggest Loser DVD and when I need to switch things up I throw in a Firm DVD.

Last edited by Switzie6; 01-30-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #10  

I got my mini tramp at target for about 30.00 but i know you can get all kinds and pay alot more. This one doesnt fold or anything but i just roll it into another room when im not jumping. I actually jog more than jump. Im hoping to be able to actually jump again someday on it...right now just jogging kills me. I have large hips and when i have used the tramp in the past my hips and thighs really showed improvement fast.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #11  

Oh we live in a very rural area..no malls for over an hour any direction. Nearest Walmart is over 30 min away. SO for now im stuck inside.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I just walk my dog (though not as much as I'd like to at the moment, the weather has been pretty nasty save for the past 2 days) and occasionally do belly dance DVDs. I get plenty of other, not-strictly-'exercise' activity by playing with my insanely energetic puppy, cleaning the house for my mom, things like that. I also like to "sneak in" exercise here and there, like using my resistance band or walking in place while I'm watching tv, that kind of thing. It's not the equivalent of going to a gym, but hey, it's working for me so far...
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #13  
A loser losing happily

S/C/G: 280/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

10 minutes on your mini trampoline are great because thats all that you can do right now. Keep going, soon you will be able to do 15 minutes, then 20, then 30. It all comes with time. Soon 10 minutes will be easy for you.
Tavinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #14  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I usually walk the hills surrounding my work for 30 mins during lunch M, T, Th, F and for 45-50 mins on W. Saturdays I either do a video or run around town, parking as far from the places I am going to make sure I walk. Luckily here is So Cal, the weather has been pretty good. I have gotten lucky, no rain has kept me from walking at lunchtime. Last night I really jammed my 2 smallest toes and my foot is swollen and purple, so I don't think I will walking today. Urban Rebounders is having a deal right now, if you buy one tramp, you get add'l ones for 60% off. My mom and I are each going to buy one and split the cost.
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:49 PM   #15  
Wannabe Health Nut!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/128

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofbeauty View Post
I checked out one of the mini trampolines's at Sports Authority the other day, it was around $49.99 for the mid size and $29.99 for the small, I was intersted in them, after I saw the workout on our Exercise TV Channel.

I use the Stability Ball for ab exercise, it's great, I love it! It's fun & it gets a good workout, I found a really good routine on Exercise TV Channel that I love to do.. it's about 30 minutes,and like I said, works really well.

I also go to the gym with my hubby, lately not as much, because I lost my license because i forgot to pay a dam ticket, and not I can't drive, unless he takes me some where! ergh... anyway, when I get the chance to go, I have the following routine

30 minutes on the elliptical @ 3.6 - 4.6 mph (about 350 cals)

15 minutes on treamill @ .5 -2.0 (cool down)

Stability Ball Floor Exercise (abs) 30 minutes

15 minutes on the treadmill @ 2.5 -3.0 mph (this is about 100 cals)

15 minutes on the treadmill @ .5 - 2.0 (cool down)
Just a note - I would think you're probably burning more than that, because according to my Nike+ and HRM, for my height/weight I burn more than that while walking and I weigh just a little less.. So for good news, maybe you're burning more..

For me, I've been walking outside about an hour, and yeah it's cold, but I like it - it's the heat that gets me! (I used to play ice hockey WAAAY back when, I just don't like cold WIND!) I'm considering investing in some nordic walking poles to up the workout from my walks, so I'm taking advice and looking around on Craigslist. I'm also interested in finding a class to teach me how to use kettlebells since I can't just up and buy them right now due to their costing a pretty penny. I'd be interested in the mini trampoline, but I live on the 2nd floor and I don't think my neighbors downstairs want to hear a 200lb+ weight bouncing on their ceiling every second for 10mins-30mins.

Gah! I need a job! Job=money.. Money=ability to buy nifty gadgets and weight loss thingamajiggies!
LittleMissMotivation is offline   Reply With Quote