Old 10-06-2007, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/236/145

Height: 5'2

Smile New to 3FC and glad to be here!

Hi everyone....i've read and stalked this site for a while and decided it was time to jump in. I'm attempting calorie counting, i've done every possible diet in the world and i've finally realized....it's not a diet...it's a "lifestyle change" that sounds so strange to say but it is true. I look forward to getting to know all of you!
baker63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #2  
Momma on a Mission!

S/C/G: 334/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Glad to see you! I am looking forward to forming new friendships and am totally looking forward to finding some support. I had lost a little better than 50lbs doing Total Body Makeover but it became too difficult to work into everyday life and I had an injury to my foot that resulted in no exercise and quicker than you could say Big Mac I gained it all back!! So here we go again!!
Kamryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/236/145

Height: 5'2

Sorry to hear about the foot injury and the Big Mac attack...lol those things are vicious!!! I tried the six month program...it worked really well but I wasn't able to follow the program very well....i have zero willpower...but i'm determined this is going to work!
baker63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #4  
Momma on a Mission!

S/C/G: 334/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I am not kidding, decided to start again that this was it and I need to get healthy and stay that way and i BROKE my ankle!! *shaking head* I am proud of myself though, although I've not been able to exercise (obviously) I am counting my WW points and am trying to NOT focus on the scale. I was a smidge scale obsessed before (everytime i peed, walked by the bathroom, thought i looked thinner in the reflection as i windexed the tv screen) so I weighed in tuesday morning and then today was the FIRST time i've been back on it. I was down SIX lbs *grins* i didnt record it because until Monday it just dont count!! I'm excited and focused and so glad to be here wth others in the same boat!

p.s. i had to SEARCH my own name to find where i posted this place is HUGE!!!
Kamryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #5  
v

S/C/G: 94/87/55

Height: 5"1

hi all
would anyone please tell me how many calories should i take in a day if i want to lose about 8-10 pounds in a month! and whats the best time to stop eating at night?
thank u lots.
v
butterflykim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

butterflykim-please see the FAQ section here in calorie counters. I think it will answer most of your questions.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #7  
v

S/C/G: 94/87/55

Height: 5"1

hi aphil
thanks for the help.
it has answered my question. i'll try and stick to it now. good luck to me.
butterflykim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Baker

Nice to see you posting on the site. We, that are losing weight and keeping it off have found the secret and it seems you have found it too. DIETS DON'T WORK. This is a lifestyle change, we are changing the way we think about, look at and eat food. This journey we are all taking to a thinner more healthy person isn't always easy. I was lucky, never had to worry about weight until the meds and sickness put a ton on me. I had heard from people how diets don't work. Came here May 9th and read post after post. I decided I was going to listen to these people. They knew what they were talking about. I am doing great and I give a lot of credit to the people on this site. They have been with me every step of the way and I have been lucky enough to make some nice friends.

There are so many people here that really care how you are doing. We want to hear from you. We love to hear how each other is doing. Everyone is ready with an encouraging word, a helpful idea or even a kick in the pants. Which ever you might need. Myself, I need the kick in the pants from time to time, I hate exercise lol. Don't be afraid to ask questions, I am sure there is someone about that will have the answer or at least ideas for you. We talk about other things too not just weight. You will see me post about my rat of a daughter a lot lol. Ok ok, she is only a rat on the days she is doing my walking video with me and lifting her knees to her head and saying " oh this isn't so hard mom ". Ya right, going to dig a hole for that child one of these days and then plant a tree over it before she can get out.

For myself. I use a salad plate instead of a breakfast or lunch plate, a lunch plate instead of a dinner plate. I watch portion sizes. I never do without a thing. If I have a nice " yummy " snack today, I am going to be careful what I eat tomorrow. When the family is having one of my favorites, tonight we are having sausage and gravy and brisket's yummm. I will watch my portion size. When they have something I couldn't careless about, I have a lean cuisine, some of them are really good. Making sure to add veggies, fruit and dairy.

Fit day is a great way to count calories and such. You just put your foods in, I would recommend taking the time to you use amounts off packages not fit days. They don't always seem to be accurate. After that, you just find on your saved list what you have eaten and click on it. Goes right in. No longer does anyone have to write everything down everyday. Isn't that great. I don't use the site to make sure I don't eat to much, I use it to make sure I eat enough. I forget to eat and that site really helps me keep track. It is a very nice tool to make sure I have the 4 basic food groups in everyday. I am paying attention to how much fat I am taking in, everything else just seems to follow.

Remember, when you think you are making this journey all alone. When there isn't a person in sight to give you encouragement. God is right there beside you. Usually yelling, put down that candy bar.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4"

I know this is an old thread but I did enjoy reading it. Began calorie and carb counting this week.
KittyKart is offline   Reply With Quote