Old 09-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #1  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Smile Calorie Counters Chat for September

Happy September 1st! I hope you guys don't mind me starting the new thread!!
I can't believe that this year is almost over. I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. The last one before our summer ends! DF and I are just going to relax at home, and I'm going to clean the house a bit, and probably take our Puggy to the dog park to do a little swimming and playing.

My calories have been pretty good. I did have one high day. TOM Is gone...and I'm ever so glad! It really was hard to keep up, and not resist temptation too much, I did have some "bad" foods, but not enough to make a dent in my calories! LOL! Well take care everyone!!!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

I, too can't believe summer is pretty much over already! The kids start back at school in a few days...it feels like they just finished!

I've been doing really well with my calorie counting, I've only had one day where I was over and that was only by 18 calories! I'm pretty proud of myself. This is the longest I have ever stuck to any weight loss plan (which is fairly pathetic since I've only being doing this for a week! ) I don't know how much I have lost (if any) because I won't weigh myself until tomorrow morning but I'm hoping I have lost a couple of pounds at least.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow!
Soontobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:29 AM   #3  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Summer passing for me is kinda cool because it means I've been at this an entire season! Plus, I like the fall.

-muse (1400-1700 most days with exercise)
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

I can't give totals this week. I wasnt able to get on the computer til today, so I don't remember what I ate for thursday. I haven't ate the healthiest items the last few days either. We decided Thursday morning to have a garage sale with a couple of our friends which meant digging stuff out and pricing Thursday night. I had to cover another ladies shift at work on Friday so had to go in early. Had the sale friday 3-8, went home found more junk, and had the sale from 8-2 on Sat. I tried to stay awake for the Huskers home opener, but slept through the first half, even with the whooping and hollering.
I'm back on track today, gonna make heathlier choices this week for sure. It's gonna be difficult but I'm gonna do this for me. This week all my daughters extra activities start, we've got dance, bowling and Sunday School starting, along with preschool and gymnastics. Tuesday I get my me time. It's my night off from bowling but I have an upper case living party to go to, so that leaves I think Wednesday night as my one night where I can go home and put my house back in order.

I better get busy on the laundry and dishes it sounds like the hubby is bringing company over after his golf outing.

Have a great day.

Bridgette.
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I really need to get back into calorie counting, been slacking off the last 2 weeks.

I'm aiming for 1300-1500 a day plus exercise
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #6  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

So my DH has decided to start dieting today. Anyone know how many calories men need daily? As this is his first ever diet, i want to go healthy and flavorful for him, so he doesn't feel deprived and give up.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

How much does he weigh now? How tall is he and how much does he want to lose? The maddening part about men's dieting is that they lose faster than women. Good luck to you both.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM   #8  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Here it is! Sorry I started another chat thread LOL. I missed this one and thought it was strange it hadn't been started already.

anyway, my goals are to keep cals under 1700 and try and exercise 30 minutes a day. Last month was a total wash.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

I had a really good week last week! I lost 7 lbs! I was so excited when I saw the number on the scale. I know it's most likely water loss and it won't be that much that I lose every week but it was a good start. What I love about calorie counting is that I don't feel like I am on a diet at all. I'm not being told that I can't have something...I'm making the CHOICE about whether or not to have something and for me that makes all the difference!

Last edited by Soontobe; 09-04-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Soontobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Well today was a good day, I exercised for 1 hour and ate about 1350 calories of mainly healthy foods. Right now it's almost time for bed and I don't even feel hungry.
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #11  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Everyone!! I'm glad for short weeks, this one is already almost over! Yay! Well I haven't been doing too bad on my calories, though on Monday I went overboard on sodium (again!) LOL! So I'm working on getting the bloat off. I got a pretty eventful week coming up, DF and I have our dating anniversary coming up, and next Wednesday I'll be on vacation for 10 days! Woohooo!

Soontobe- Great job at the 7 lbs, yeah it maybe water weight, but still, its still good!

IdealMuse- I know what you mean, I've been doing this since May! I wish I would of started this earlier!

Bridgette- That is one thing I have found challenging thus far, is if I don't make time to eat healthy I will pick up something bad, when I could easily made a healthy meal! Though I can't complain much, its my fault, but I have kept those meals within calorie range! LOL!

CoolMom- You are forgiven!

LOL I went and finally got myself some new bras, boy things do look different with new holders! Oh and I went to Old Navy to pick up these cargo pants, I bought it in large and went home and the slid right off. They are really making the large size larger.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

GOOOOOD MORNING ALL!

Sorry I have been MIA.

We didn't do much for the weekend but we did go to the Zoo. DGS had a great time but was scared by a mean monkey to stared him down and didn't like touching the sting rays but over all a great time. His favorite things were the petting zoo, baby goat petting zoo and ridding the camel that he keep calling a horsey. Let me tell you, they are a rough ride and not very comfortable. I had to ride with him which it was the first time I had ever ridden one.

Other than that adventure we didn't do much. I took 6 roosters over to the Amish because 8 is just to many. Went and picked some things up at the store and that was about it on Saturday. DH had to work most of the day so did all the errands.

Tinky ~ It sure does make a difference having new holders. I bought some a few weeks ago and wow it makes a difference. No, you are just shrinking. It feels good doesn't it!

I shocked DH this weekend. He has a few pairs of pants he likes me to wear and those are getting to big on me. So he told me which pair he would like me to wear and I got them out and didn't even unsnap them just slid them on . I saw look in disbelief out of the corner of my eye. I was snickering inside. If I lose 5 more pounds I will need belts to keep them one. I also noticed that my shirts are starting to look really bad because they are getting so large. I have a T-shirt collection and I hate to give them up but they are looking bad on me. What a good feeling!

Soontobe ~ 7 lbs, that is fantastic. Keep up the good work!

Bridgette ~ Just brush yourself off and keep on going! That is the spirit.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Zoe ~ Just pick yourself up and put last month behind you so you can move forward.

Well I am stuck because of TOM but I am just continuing on with what I have been doing because I know that is all it is. Has been a mean nasty one this month and put me right down in bed one morning and Midol wouldn't touch it. Of course, it hit this past weekend.

We went to the Zoo and had a great time. DGS and I rode the camel, not a real comfortable ride, I will stick with my horses. His favorite things were the baby goat petting zoo, the camel ride (keeping calling it a horsey, it was cute) and the big animal petting zoo. It is just so much fun seeing their faces when they see a new animal. He also got to feed a bird that he tried to grab onto and squeeze but the bird bit him but then he proceeded to pock at it and is quick enough the bird couldn't get him. He got to pet a sting ray which he didn't like the feel of it and he had a monkey stare him down so he started crying and didn't like that particular exhibit anymore.

I am still doing my morning jogs but now I look like geek. I have a flashlight that is designed to go on your head. Its all for safety but it looks really strange. Plus we live in the country and you can't see real well in the morning. DD got a good laugh and my dog took a second look at me. HAHAHA!

Well I better head out and talk at you all later.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Red face

Hi all,
I haven't been to 3FC for months and I'm looking for an active board. You look like a positive group in action and I'll check back - let's see if I remember how to subscribe. I'm compulsive and I like peoples to share with. Me: married, no kids, not working much except for Mary Kay (DH is a good provider), 59, have a 2 1/2 yo DSG, a Georgia Peach. I'm in Wichita, if my bio isn't updated.
Lisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #15  
Binge Day 2

S/C/G: 206/192/140

Height: 5'2

Hey Ladies. I am on W1D5 of the C25K, I am very excited about lssing weight!! Thought that would be a good exercise plan for me. So I also thought I'd start the calorie counters diet. That way I can lose weight even quicker. I am very bad at boredem eating. Anyone know anything I can do to overcome this? Thanks All.
JBak590 is offline   Reply With Quote