Old 08-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Mind if I join in?

I've been a naughty girl these past few days so I'm hoping maybe an accountability thread such as this might give me a kick in the pants. I haven't been completely horrible but you all know it's a slippery slope...

My July stats were:

Cals: 1558
Fat: 51g, 31%
Carbs: 196g, 43%
Protein: 98g, 26%
Fiber: 38g

Not too shabby. I started upping my fiber (foods, not supplements) during the middle of July so it's not as high as I want yet but should be in August. I'm shooting for 45g/day. Cals, I try to average around 1500 so did okay there. Protein and fat, I'm okay with but I'll probably be tweaking that this month (as well as cals if needed) since I've just begun with weights. I could definitely stand to have a bit less fat. Those danged Chinese and pizza buffets are evil, I tell ya.

Oh, I started July at 213 pounds but then got whammied with 4th of July and two birthday parties so ended up gaining up to 217.8. However, I ended July with 209 pounds so it's all good.

Goals for August (I turn 39 on the 10th, by the way. ):

1) I want to be nicely under 200 by the end of August.
2) I want to continue on my journey towards eating more "real" foods and healthier.
3) I want to continue with my (almost) daily treadmill habit -- walking or running doesn't matter as long as I keep up the movement.
4) I want to make my new weightlifting and abs workout a 3x week habit.

Just four goals for August. Easy peasy, right?
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Grammy~ DGS with the typewriter ribbon is so funny and adorable! That's one for the scrapbook! What kind of chicken is that? I saw one at the fair that was similar called a Black Sumatra. Is that what it is? She's pretty. And, yes, we have a house we are renting. Now we just need to finish packing and make all the phone calls that one has to make when moving.

Rock-N-Roll~ Great hair! Thanks for putting a face to the name!

OH2007~ Welcome!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

rock n roll : your hair looks awesome I love getting my hair done I always feel beautiful after I haven't had my hair done since before I got pregnant...I had an updo done for my wedding but nothing else
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

RocknRoll ... you should feel pretty ... you are!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Hi

Hi everyone I am new to this site and this forum so I thought i'd join in

My goals are to lose about 10 lbs and regain my flexibility
Stay within my calorie range 1500-1800 (I feel comfortable at 1700)
Stop eating like my bf....i can't eat as much as he can lol

BTW just wanted to say RockNroll ~ That haircut is absolutely adorable....you look really pretty with it!
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #21  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hey guys....

Edzard- You can do it girl!!! Remember you gotta catch up to me!

Irish-I'm sorry that you don't feel well, and with the heat it's makes things wors. I think the worst cold I had was in the heat of summer! Ugh! I hope you feel better.

Zenor- All you can eat pizza...wow, I couldn't do it! I don't trust myself. Wow, the 25th..that is just around the corner! Good Luck! The Gyros were pretty good! I haven't had one in 2 years, and it was so delicious.

GrammyL- Yay you're back! DGS is so adorable!!!!! I love that typewriter ribbon pic! He has a cute smile too! The animals are also cute too!!

RockNRoll- You are so gorgeous! I love the hair too, I just got my hair about that length too!

CoolMom- Meals from scratch are what I'm aiming for too!!! Ugh...it's get so hard!

to all the newbies!!! Good Luck with everything!!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #22  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Rock 'n Roll - Your hair is adorable! I have an appointment in about 3 weeks to have mine done. I'm going the same length, and getting it done strawberry blonde with lots of red in it. It will be my little reward to myself, hopefully by that time I will be down 10 pounds!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #23  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I'm new to this thread, but I'm going to set an August goal of getting down to 215. Okay, this started at a mini-goal of 210 by September 1st, but I missed my mini-goal for August first by 2 pounds, and found myself thinking that now I'd have to lose TWELVE pounds by September 1st... hmmm... and thus, this could be the road to failure. So - a lesser goal for august... and if I pass it - GREAT!

I'm aiming for between 1450-1500 calories a day this month!

Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 08-02-2007 at 10:12 AM.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #24  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I was hoping I could join this thread. I am counting calories, too. It's worked for me in the past and I know it can work for me again!

Ugh, is it seriously August? I'm a grad student and reaaalllly not looking forward to school starting at the end of the month.

Anyway, August goals....

- Keep around 1400-1500 cals a day
- Exercise 1000 minutes this month!
- Hopefully lose about 10 lbs.
- Work on taming my love of sweets
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

RocknRoll: You look awesome! Love the hair cut!

Good luck with goals all. I have to head to bed but wanted to stop in and wish everyone a great August and write out today's numbers.

Cal: 1119
Fat: 28%
Carb: 50%
Protein: 22%

Another low day. I was running about and hung out with some friends- sidestepped Wendy's and alcohol! WHOOHOO!
Tomorrow needs to be a higher day since the past two days have been so low.
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #26  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Rock n roll, you are one hot mama! :::whistle::::

Welcome to all the new posters!!!!

In my quest to make the kitchen more cooking friendly, we drove two hours in traffic, to IKEA, to buy a microwave/kitchen cart (to get it off my counter space) only to find it OUT OF STOCK! It was like the Grizzwalds finally making it to Wally World and it was closed. Unbelievable.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

You guys make me blush!!

Calories- 1234

I was craving sweets so bad today but I stuck with my yogurt and flax seed!

Seriously though, thank you everyone for ALL the nice words!! I'm taking down the picture now but I am glad you all liked it!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hope you guys don't mind if I join in, too.

My July averages:
1531 calories consumed
Fat: 63g 38%
Sat: 19g 12%
Poly: 13g 8%
Mono: 26g 15%
Carbs: 171g 38%
Fiber: 29g
Protein: 90g 24%

I exercised 3,444 minutes in July! I ran five miles twice a week and took a 90 minute yoga class once a week and then threw other stuff in there, too. I walked somewhere every day.
Average Calories Burned:
Total: 2802
Basal: 1367 49%
Lifestyle: 1094 39%
Activities: 342 12%

My August goals:
1300 calories a day (except I'm going to give myself a pass on the night of my sister's wedding and not count anything, and my husband and I are planning a night out to a nice restaurant as a late anniversary celebration, so I'm not going to count that, but I will be extra specially good on the days preceding and following those two indulgences)
Keep up the exercise (running twice a week, elliptical twice a week on vacation, walking every day)
Not weigh in again until 1 September
Journal with Bob Greene's The Best Life Diet Daily Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfairy View Post
zenor I hear you on that... I feel like I am dying here. The weather is VERY hot for where I live (ontario canada) and VERY humid. I don't know my farenheit but its 38 celsus with the humid X the online converter says thats 100.4 F. I can't breath and I am pouring sweat. my poor 6 month old wants to be picked up all the time but its just too hot and I don't want him to get sick either. the worse part is when I get a cold I FEEL SOOOOO HUNGRY trying to keep my calories underwraps...I have a baseball game to go to (jays vs rangers) on sunday with my inlaws and I am worried about cal counting its so hard because we eat out all day and they pick random places as we pass them so I am not sure how or if I can stay in calorie count (can't bring food into the park and its 1:00 afternoon game) any suggestions would greatly help
Have you ever *tried* bringing food in? Could you claim it was for your son? When my oldest was little, he had a whole host of food allergies and we had to pack food everywhere because otherwise he wouldn't be able to eat, and we got food into all kinds of places you weren't supposed to bring food into. I'd say better to try and maybe have to throw it away but probably be able to eat within your plan than to not try at all!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:09 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

tomandkara: we tried to bring food last time and they told us no even though I said I needed to have it. my son is only 6 months and has no teeth so unless I eat baby food I doubt they will believe me.
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 194/177/?

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all,

I'm going to be another August joiner. Yesterday was:

cal - 1797, fiber - 62, sodium 2170

My goals for August are:
1) calories between 1500-1650
2) more fiber and less sodium
3) more beans, less meat
4) walk 4 miles 5 days a week and swim 2 days a week, except during the 2 weeks when I'll be traveling
5) physical therapy exercises for my back 2x per day
sarah44 is offline   Reply With Quote