Old 08-10-2007, 01:41 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Thursday:

We went out for dinner tonight to celebrate my birthday so not sure exactly what my stats are for today. That brings today's total somewhere in the 2000-2500 range and I'm not even going to think about what fat/carb/protein ratio that it all works out to. Oink! (I turn 39 tomorrow (Friday). )
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #152  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

We are leaving tomorrow for vacation. I wanted to say good-bye and share my goals for the week:
1. Have a healthy breakfast every day
2. Keep nourishing food available, this is not a 7 day junk fest
3. Chew gum while reading (I will read several books & have been known to snack my way through them).
3. Walk twice a day or more!
4. Have fun! Sleep in! RELAX!!

I want to come back at the same weight or lighter! Hope everyone has a great week!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Tinky ~ That sounds horrible what you came down with. No, its not a good thing you can't swallow because you need to eat some chicken soup so you can get better and get back on your feet!

Sarah ~ Oddly I didn't eat a lot of candy or sweets growing up. I developed that problem a couple of years ago and then I found out I was diabetic. I was told that it was normal when your diabetic to crave exactly what you shouldn't have. I try to avoid candy now because I can't stop eating it once I start. I have to buy everything in packs that is sweet because I will eat more than a serving. Its terrible.

Diane ~ I turned 39 in January. To me 39 feels like a strange age, I don't know why. I guess 40 has always been this big deal in life and I decided that when I hit the big 40 that I will be at my goal for weightloss and healthier than I have ever been in my life. Well that goal feels so far away and I have such a long ways to go that I don't know if I will make it. I pray that I will because I am tired of being overweight and unhealthy.

Brightside ~ Those are some wonderful goals and wish I would have stuck with them on my vacation. Oh well what is done is done. I think I need another vacation but who knows when that will come.

Yesterday I got my jog/walk in and took DD grocery shopping after work. She is so slow, it took her 3 hrs to do her grocery shopping. ARG! So I had dinner late and I was so tired so I decided to make something easy and south of the border, a quesadilla . I had slivered turkey and used 2% cheese and my ww/flaxseed tortillas that they use olive oil for a binder. It was good.

Well I better head out and get some work done and talk at you all later.

Last edited by GrammyL; 08-10-2007 at 09:33 AM.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OH2007!!!

Brightside- Have a great vacation! I actually went to Europe with a plan similar to yours and I came home a few pounds lighter! I missed out on gelato but I sure felt great about the number on the scale!

Grammy- I loooove quesadillas! I have not had one in ages- I even have an old quesadilla machine somewhere in a closet. Heres a question, where did you get flaxseed tortillas? Sounds tasty!

Tinky- Get well SOON!!

So yesterday I bought kiwis, cantelope, grapes and plums. I am going to start eating fruit again (its about time!) I am basically writing out a diet plan in book form for myself. I am going to eat what I ate while I was in europe: fresh fruit twice a day, veggies, olive oil, lean cuts of protein, 2 cups of dairy. I had no cheese, sugar, hydrogenated oils, and I only had wheat twice a week. It was a really healthy plan and I enjoyed all the food- So now I get to recreate what I ate there! I wrote down every day in a food journal so I am going to look through it and create a weekly menu. I am also going to STAY OFF THE SCALE

I hate the scale 147 this morning and I really wanted to be 142 by August 24th but I don't see that happening

Well off to go run.. I am exhausted but this is the only time of day I can run.

Last edited by RocknRoll; 08-10-2007 at 11:03 AM.
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #155  

RocknRoll ~ Thanks for the correct spelling, I am horrible with spelling and really need to improve. The flaxseed tortillas I get are from a small town grocery store. I will look on the package, if I remember, and see if they have a web address. My DH is mexican and I make homemade tortillas and he will even eat these, that tells you how good they are.

I agree, if we American's ate more like the Europeans we would be much better off. I watch students come here from other countries, healthy and thin. By the time they graduate with their MS (usually two years) they have gained weight. I have seen some gain as much as 50 to 60 lbs.

Did any one watch Shaq's Big Challenge when it was on. It was really good and I so wish all school systems would change their lunch programs and put physical education back on the requirements lists. We are headed for big problems if we don't with the health of America.

Your are doing fab and don't let it get you down. As much as you workout, you are probably putting on muscle and losing fat. That is good because you are burning more calories.

I have feel the need to share that I have lost .6 lbs this week even though TOM is here. Thanks for all the encouagement and sharing ladies, couldn't do it without you.

Well I better get going and get some work done.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #156  

NEVER HEARD CREATION EXPLAINED THIS WAY BEFORE

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and
red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds And Satan smiled.

And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.

So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.

God then said, "I have sent you heart- healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof.

God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake," and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food."

God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control
so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.

Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center in to chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.

God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes! And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good."

And Man went into cardiac arrest.

God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

Then Satan created HMOs.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE

well I finally got passed my 2 week plateau I lost a pound this week and I its TOM so thats pretty exciting! My in laws came for dinner last night and my father in law bought everyone DQ for dessert....and I PASSED IT UP!!! that was a big BIG step for me considering Icecream is my weakness and because I passed my mother in law said hey I should probably pass to and she only had a couple bites of my father in laws. my husband offered me a cite or 2 of his because I had 166 cals left but I refused knowing its a trigger food and I wouldn't be satisfied with a bite or 2. my husband also asked me if I would like to start doing activities with him a couple times a week like catch on mondays, basketball tuesdays, frisbee wed and maybe tennis or something antoehr day. I think thats AWESOME!! it gets us both out exercising in this beautiful weather I think we are going to get tennis rackets tonight
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

OH2007~

Irishfairy~ Great job with the DQ! I also think it's great that your DH is getting involved too. It's so much easier when you have someone to help motivate you.

Grammy~ I think I've seen that before and it's still funny!

Tinky~ Get Well Soon!!!

RocknRoll~ Don't let the scale get you down! Sometimes they have minds of their own.

Brightside~ Have a great vacation!

sarah44~ My mom was a total candy/sugar addict! She wasn't allowed any growing up (Grandma was hardcore strict) so she went crazy with it the rest of her life. We used to joke that if you gave her a bag of sugar and a spoon she'd be in heaven. Personally I go back and forth between having sweet cravings and salty/sour cravings. In fact, a pickle put me over my salt limit yesterday. Lol.

Well, I'm off to get dressed and go take a walk with the puppy. I need to burn some calories off before tonight. We are going out to a German pub/restaurant. We were invited by our VW mechanic. So it'll be a night filled with sausage, kraut, beer, and polka music. DH and I are going to split an entree, but it'll probably still be really heavy on the cals. I'm very uncoordinated, but I may dance a bit just to burn off the beer.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 194/177/?

Height: 5' 4"

Have a good trip, Brightside! Happy Birthday, Diane! Have fun playing tennis, Irishfairy! Enjoy your fruit, RockNRoll!, I’m envious, Zenor – I love German food!

Today's numbers:
1673 calories
24% protein, 21% fat, 53% carb, 37g fiber, sodium 1540
sarah44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:49 AM   #160  

Calories- 1,019
Fat- 26 22.6%
Carbs- 97 37.4%
Fiber- 26
Protein- 103 39.9%

Calories burned- 823

I am very happy with how today went! I ate no cheese which was super hard for me and I had my two servings of fruit I ate 7 cups of veggies and fruits! My calorie goal was 1100 so I am pretty happy
Old 08-11-2007, 02:41 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Avg for the week:

Calories 1520
fat 37 23%
carbs 248 54%
protein 84 23%
fiber 48

This week has been a rough week. I've been battling an eye infection. They diagnosed it as a bacteria pink eye, but I don't know. It seems get worse when I sleep. When I wake up my eyes are all blood shot and I have a headache. It sucks cuz I want to wear my contacts, but they advised me not to until this thing clears up. I'm gonna try later today...just for a few hours....I'm taking my DD to the water park. I'd hate to be looking for my glasses in the wave pool! Anyways... Diane- I hope you had a great birthday. Tinky-Get to feeling better. RocknRoll-great job on the 7 cups of fruits and veggies.

I better get to bed...tomorrow I have to shopping for a dreaded swimsuit. I haven't owned one since high school...

Everyone have a great day.

Bridgette.
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #162  

Morning weigh in : 147

Its been awhile since I used the body fat application on my scale. Last time I used it was I think last week. Well, before I hopped on my last weigh in with it was 145.8 lbs and 34.8% body fat.

So this morning I hop on and its 147 but 31.5% body fat!! I almost fell over because since owning this scale I have only dropped 4%. Am I really building all this muscle??

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!
Old 08-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! My cals yesterday were a little over 2000 and my weight is holding steady this morning. Yay! German food did not do me in! DH and I did split an entree and I only ate half of my portion. Of course, I also had beer, a bit of the appetizers, and a yummy dark cherry gelatin for dessert. But, I did dance the polka to one song. Man is that a work out! The band was really funny, they did polka versions of popular songs.

I've been thinking I may just call myself done with the weight loss for now. I'm back to my high school weight and I'm fitting well into size 10's. I know according to BMI I should weight 149, but I kinda think BMI is bunk. Did you know it was invented by a mathematician (not doctor) in the 1850's? Crazy huh?!?!?!? Plus, my BP is back where it should be. I can always lose more later is I want.

I'll still stick around though! I love the support here!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #164  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

GrammyL, that creation explanation was hilarious, but oh so true. Thanks for sharing.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #165  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hey all... for all the well wishes!! I feel a bit better. I actually have tonsillitis. The Doc recommends that we get them out next year. Sounds good to me. I was eating soup and broccoli for the last couple of days. I had some real food today.And I actually had some McDonalds! Happy Meal though! LOL!
I can't wait to get back on track on Monday. I hope to be better by then.

Oh2007- I'm sorry this is a tad late, but Happy Birthday!!!

Zenor- The most important thing is that you're happy!!!

Bridgette- Oooh, I know about pink eye....it's no fun! I hope you feel better. Warm towels helped me.

Irish- Great job!!! And that is so awesome that DH and you are getting involved in activities!! That sounds like fun!!

Well....off to rest! Talk to you later!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote