Height: 5 ft.

Default Calorie Counters Chat for JULY 07

HAPPY JULY FIRST!

I will start the first post this month.
My calories for Saturday were 1427.
fiber: 35
Water: 13 glasses, 104 oz.
I finally went under 160 today!
I won’t change ticker yet. Till it decides its mine.

Last edited by littlered; 07-01-2007 at 12:01 PM.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #2  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Happy July 1st to everyone too!!! Wow, I cannot believe that the year is basically half over.

LittleRed- Kudos to you for starting the new thread. Thank you for starting this thread, I wouldn't have known that it was already the first! LOL!
Woohooo, well I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

CuppaJoe- I love your avatar as well!! Lookin forward to getting to know you!

Milleradah- Way to go on your loss!! Woo hooo!

RGS99- Calorie counting is the only thing I've ever stuck to and that has worked for me too. Way to go on your 4 lb loss!! That is something to be proud of!

AnneA- Isn't that a great feeling when your clothes are getting loose on you? My favorite jeans are now low low low riders! LOL They keep falling off of me!

Zenor- Mmmmm yummy apricot jam! I love that stuff, I love to make chicken with apricot glaze!! I have never had sushi rice salad, though that sounds so delish! Please let me know how it goes!! I'm a sushi fanatic!

Neesy- Good job to you for losing 13 lbs!! That is awesome! What other foods do you like???

Well have a great Sunday everyone!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #3  
vanity0326

S/C/G: 257/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default July Calorie Counter

Hiya!

My goals for each day are five fruits/veggies each day and 2K calories. HERE WE GO!
vanity0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #4  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Happy July everyone! LOL

I finally had a lower cal day yesterday and will try to keep today around 1500 cals too.

JUNE STATS:

Average daily cals: 1773
Average sodium: 3665 (yikes!)
Average fiber: 55

total weight loss: 13 pounds! yahooooo!

(I should point out to the new folks, I am nursing my baby so that allows me the extra cals. I would never be able to lose so well over 1400 cals a day normally.)
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #5  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Ooh...I forgot my average for June as well! LOL

June stats:
Average of Calories 1461
Average Sodium 2569
Average Fiber 28 grams

Weight Loss: 5 lbs..

I screwed up in June, I took my calories too low, and exercised way too much. I actually plateaued a little. Newbies, be careful that you don't take your calories down too much if you're way active!

Well here's to another month!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #6  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Neesy,
Have you tried lean ground chicken, lean ground turkey, or extra lean ground beef? You can mix it with taco seasoning and have taco salad on a bed of lettuce ..you could cook it up in the form of meatballs and have it with mustard or a dab of BBQ sauce and sugar free coleslaw..

you could make chili.
Or you could do pita pizza, put some tomato sauce or salsa on a pita (14g carb)
then top with the ground meat and whatever veg you want and 1oz lowfat cheese. I cook mine in the toaster until crispy..

Quesadillas- chicken steak or gorund beef, put a thin layer of something on the tortilla first, litle cheese, your meat and more cheese..yummy!!

And now that its hot out, sometimes I have cottage cheese, source yogurt (lemon meringue parfait) and blueberries all mixed together. its super yummy !!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

June Stats:

Calories~ 1490
Fat~ 30%
Fiber~ 38 grams
Sodium~ 1669mg

Loss for June~ 8lbs

I think I'm slowing down on the weight loss though. I may need to tweak my calories and walking after my birthday. I don't think I'll be making my birthday goal, but I'm really close so it's okay. I've had the whole water weight fluctuation thing going on (some days I feel so bloated) so I'm not 100% sure what I really weigh. My newer clothes are fitting good though, so no complaining on my part. It'll straighten it's self out eventually. I guess the last 10 lbs really are a pain in the booty!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

June stats?

I averaged 1570 cals and lost 1.4 lbs.

Happy, healthy July everyone!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

June averages
Calories~ 1522
Fat~ 25%
Fiber~ 41 grams
Sodium~ 2809mg
water 130 0z. per day

Loss for June~ 5.5lbs

have not changed my ticker yet. down this am. to 159!

Zenor,
even if you just miss your birthday goal. You have done such a wonderful job.
And you are SO close. that it WILL HAPPEN. soon!

Cuppa joe,
nice talking to you again. you have to stop by often.
Miller, RG, Anna, Nessy, Zoe, Tinky, Zenor, Susan, And everyone else.
CONGRATS ON ALL THE HARD WORK

We did a great job this last month. I hope July is as good for you… or Better!

I hope to see those girls that are lurking, or having a hard time getting back here for what ever reason. We need you for support too. And want to help support you too!
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #10  
It's up to me this time!

Hi everyone,

I've tried basically every plan in town.....after sitting and thinking for a really long time the only one that makes sense to me is this one...I can't do a plan where I have to eliminate an entire food group...that's too severe for me...I don't know where I should put my calorie count though...I was thinking in the 1200 range but after reading here I think that may be too low? I am 5'3 and weigh in at about 240...I was not active...I have started walking at least 30 mins a day...hoping to work up to more....but that's a start for now....how can I determine what a good calorie count is?

Thank you for any help and advice!
jcogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

wooohooo i am home , ok the vacation was great had alot of fun but three kids and hubby stayed at home wow i think i could sleep for a week. but i did seem to run my butt off i am guessing this is why i lost 2 lb ...lol...was a good time anyway and only had one er trip my poor 4 year old started wetting her pants over and over again ( she has never done this) she has an uti and wow is she cranky about it. so her dr set up an ultrasound for fri she has had 2 now in 6 months. just too see whats going on. i am sure it will be fine but i worry alot she is my baby ok really they all are....

but a weired thing i weight my self at the er. and there was a 4 lb difference then my scale at home. 4 lb lighter. so i went and bout me a different one a better one then the cheap old one i had and it says the same as the er too. how could there be such a difference in them 2. but i did lose 2 lb last week and 4 from a new scale. i have been 4 lb lighter and did not know it.

congrats too everyone who lost weight last month keep it up we can all do it one calorie at a time

adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today~ 1255
Fiber~ 48 grams (woohoo!)

Stress and frustration took my appetite away today. I had to eat 100 cals worth of chocolate just to get my count higher than 1200. Um, that has never happened before. Oh well, it'll help make up for Friday's sushi fest.

So has anyone gone clothes shopping recently? Is it just me or is this a marginally bad season to be buying clothes in? I can't find clothes that look good; it's all ugly!!! I would like to know who looks good in Bermuda shorts (if you are one of them you are the lucky few)? Arg! I need a cute, sexy outfit to wear on my birthday and I can't find anything. Hopefully I'll have better luck in the next few days. Must stay positive...

milleradah~ I say celebrate for better scales! How awesome to lose 4 more lbs without trying. Lol. I had the same thing happen when I bought a better scale.

jcogs~ Do you know how many calories you eat when you aren't losing? If you have an idea then you can subtract from there (500 per day for 1lb a week loss/1000 per day for a 2lb loss.) Otherwise you can look up an online calculator. They are not always accurate, but they'll give you a starting point and you can tweak from there. Just for reference, I started out at 212lbs and was eating approx 1600 calories at first. I say approx because I was rounding and estimating (I hadn't started using an online food diary yet.) Do you have a fitday.com or thedailyplate.com account? Having an online food diary is very helpful for calorie counting. Plus, if you use fitday you can link it to your 3fc profile and we can look at what you are eating, if you have questions down the line.

Littlered~ Welcome to the 150's!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm looking forward to this week since I only have to work 2 days. Lol. You gotta love holidays.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

jcogs? I'm with zenor ... get into a calculator like fitday or something and try to honestly figure out how much you do eat. Then just cut some. Simple things like watching fats and an overabundance of fluffy carbs.
I'm really encouraged by that walking. I'm sure you'll see big changes from that alone.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I just wanted to let you all know that I am alive and well. I have been beyond swamped at work and at home to say the least. I am off this week on vacation and no longer have internet access at home. Plan on working on that this week.

I will be back next week and hopefully back in the swing of things.

Hope everyone is doing well.

XOXOXOX!
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #15  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!!

My June loss was 7.6 lbs. I have been bouncing right around 135 for the past week. Course I am getting closer to my new goal (135 was my original goal). If I stay right here it will be fine but I would like to drop another 6. Maybe this month I wil be able to. Oh well if not it's not the end of the world.
Well I should get going gotta do somework today, lol.

Lara-Thanks for letting us know that you are still around!!

Mary
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote