Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 PM   #136  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Within range today, and a whopping 5.5 pound loss at my TOPS weigh-in. I had to weigh twice just to make sure.

This is my 4th week post-partum, and I'm thinking about adding in some exercise finally. Maybe walk-away-the-pounds dvd this week.

Zenor...I hope you feel better soon. Are you affected by TOM? Maybe its a hormonal flux (i hope).
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today~ 1527 (really good everything considered)

Fat 29%

Fiber 29 grams (I need to work on getting that back up.)

Allison~ I introduced myself on the depression & weight loss group, but don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I feel like we are a little internet family here; all in the same boat counting as we go. I love the support I have gotten here!

Zoe~ I do have major hormone fluctuations sometimes with my TOM. In fact, the doctor had to switch my bc pills many times until we found one I could handle. Some of them turn me into a very, um, evil woman (my poor DH.) Hopefully my doctor will have some insite or he can refer me to someone who does.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:55 AM   #138  

Zenor..yes, i found out the hard way i cannot deal with any form of hormone pill either. I got so depressed and CRAZY on the pill. and gained weight. For that reason, we've been condom people and for that reason, I'm holding my four week old baby. lol I'm getting the IUD this time

good luck with the doctor appointment.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Bought some really thin sliced chicken breast yesterday, skin removed. I marinated half the pack in Newman’s Sesame dressing and the other half in the Honey Mustard. Last night I had the Honey Mustard on a bed of lettuce. It was SOOOOOOOO good. Tonight I am warming the Sesame up and having it on a bed of lettuce. For my side I had fresh fruit and will probably do the same tonight.

Justme ~ Your right, if I can just do that on holidays, I will be doing fantastic. I started realizing that last year. I always start with good intentions but the blow it. I mid as well face the fact that I am going to blow it on those days and there is no reason to get upset with myself on it. A few days off a year isn’t the end of the world.

Zenor ~ I will pray for you. I struggle with depression off and sometimes it does hit at strange moments and when everything seems to be going alright. I am glad you are going to the doctor. Sleep always helps me a lot.

Zoe ~ You are doing fabulous, WTG! I just read your post to Zenor and I got a little chuckle. I was on the pill and ended up having my youngest. I have an allergy to latex so I used sponges but didn’t trust them so when YDD turned a year I had my tubs tied. Besides after a year of her I decided that we didn’t need another. The pill was horrible on my moods so I quit taking it also.

My Dad came up with he wants more Grandchildren. Now, I don’t know who is going to have them but it surely is not me. I have a 20 yr old, a 17 yr old and a 15 month old Grandson who I love dearly but reminds me why I stopped. My brothers son is 22 and his current wife can’t have anymore kids. My Sis isn’t married and she said the doctors wouldn’t advise her to try and carry a baby because of her weight. I think seeing my DGS and how active DH and I are in raising him and helping to meet his needs makes him realize he could have done the same with his grandchildren and instead he missed out on a lot with them but he can start being active with is great grandson and enjoy him as well. I don’t think any of us want to start over again. I think my DH might be willing but forget it, we will just help raise DGS and lighten DD’s load. See I am the one that raised our girls because DH has worked out of town for the past 10 years, I got the hard years all by myself.

Someone mentioned hormone fluctuations. I see they have a new pill out called Zap that is suppose to take care of PMDD. I wish they would have had something like that when I was able to take them. GRRR! I have always had extreme PMS which would probably put me in the PMDD category. Now I a trying to go thru the change and I thought I had it bad but its just getting worse. I was so miserable mentally and physically last week that I was almost ready to go to the doctor and beg for something to help.

Calories Monday: 1565
Much better than the day before but I was still very hungry and had to fight it all day. I think I messed my system up consuming so many calories, now my body wants it again. I am telling it, it can’t have it and I can already tell its getting over it.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

Yesterday calories a very low 1000ish... I was not hungry all day....I think like lovemyboy stated yesterday I may be coming down with something too...

Again today not hungry and my throat is starting to hurt a little....last night around 2am my oldest son woke up complaining his ear hurt...Not sure if he was trying to trick me to get to sleep in my bed or if he was telling me the truth...He was fine this morning so off to school...I guess if he is sick I'll get a call to come get him!!

Today I'm just relaxing and catching up on housework...I should be doing some real work but decided today would be a day off (work for yourself, you can choose your day off) The weekend the boys are at Dad's and I usually like to work A LOT when they are gone....I work better at night so will do it then.
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hello

I have not been on much lately.
I have been busy... Hubby still home.
He goes back Wednesday for work.
(Thank God. I told him I was going to get a job if he didn't) Got to pay bills. I will miss having him here all the time.

I started phase 1 yesterday. 1 week at low cal. and back up to 1600 after that.

Zenor.
I hope you feel better. That is how I felt once a month when I was younger. Sounds like hormones. Don't miss the PMS, the mess, the just feeling Yucky! Once in a while I still get teary eyed over nothing, and realize its probably that time hormonally. After that I feel OK. Just hang in there!

Justme. Hope you feel better soon too. Get your rest. Best medicine in the world.

I had got pregnant with ds when I was on the pill. Never went back on it. Then I used the Diaphragm. It worked real good. and No PMS, etc.

Lovemyboy,
congrats on the working out, and the bending. Sounds like a small thing to some people, but its not, If you aren't used to it.

Lara, I have never trued to put dressing on ham. I will have to try it. sounds interesting.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #142  

Theresa ~ It was chicken I marinated in the dressing. It made for a wonderful salad. The only thing I like on ham is Old Style sauce. It is mouth watering good.

I don't know why but I have been craving chicken salad. I used to eat a lot of it and hadn't had it for a while. Now, I can't eat enough of it. I'm not complaining, I just think its odd.

Have to get going and will check back in a little while.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:32 PM   #143  

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support!

I decided to take a "mental health day" today and I stayed home. I don't really have the sick time to take off, but I need to regroup. I think my health is more important than my crummy job anyway. I talked to my DH last night about it and I may go back to school soon. He is currently looking for a new job and we may end up relocating, but regardless I think I need to do something about having a career that I like. I can go to school pretty much anywhere for GE classes and then choose a University from there. I never went to college when I was younger because of my Mother being sick back when I was at the "traditional" college age.

I'm very lucky to have such a supportive hubby! His family is great too. That's why I'm so confused about this coming on now. I already feel better just knowing that I have a doctor's appointment.

I also have a dentist appointment today. Not my favorite thing in the world, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I've been grinding my teeth again, so it's best that I go. I should have taken my sore jaw as a sign of impending moodiness, but I think I'd forgotten how I used to be. I have selective memory when it comes to that time period in my life.

I'm trying to stay as upbeat as possible. This is just another blip in the road and everything will work out! Thanks again everyone!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #144  

Zenor...enjoy your mental health day! It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now.

I am so stoked today, because I moved down to the next size! Its a good thing I had gone shopping with my 50% off coupon and bought the next two sizes down in jeans. It feels good to make progress.

Every pregnancy I gain so much and eat so much, I start to really fear that I won't be able to lose it this time. But I do! I just do it.

Thanks for letting me gloat a little.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #145  

Zenor ~ I really think you narrowed down what was causing your problem. Yes, everything else in life is going great but a bad job can ruin everything. I will vouch for that because I have been there and done that. The person that was making my life miserable at work is now gone and life is good.

Zoe ~ WHOHOO! You go you sexy girl. Brag please because it makes me want to stay on track so I can keep melting away. TOM is holding me back, and my little bing but I am sure that I will lose by the end of the week.

Well I have to get going and I will chat at you all tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Zenor -- Sorry to hear that depression is lurking around you right now. It ain't fun. It's hit me from time to time -- generally not severe and deep but more of a mild low grade 'blue' feeling that can last for a few months. I think it was really smart of you to make an appointment right away, so doctor can work with you on it. Since everything is going well for you now, maybe it is a chemical problem more than anything else. I'm glad you have a supportive husband too -- that helps. At any rate, good luck tomorrow - I'll be thinking about you.

To everyone else -- I totally agree that splurging on the holidays is not too deadly. It doesn't feel great and we gain a few pounds back, but then we get back on track. At least that's what I'm telling myself about having to move my ticker up 2.5 lbs. after last week!!! I'm getting back on track this week, and I must say it feels good to get back into a groove again. Sounds like the rest of you are doing the same.

BTW, we had a little health fair today at work and they were checking body fat. Mine was 28% - he said it should be about 26% for my height and age. They did it by hooking up these little electrical currents to our foot and hand - it was connected to the computer. You could barely feel it, but I looked like I was being jump started. Any body know if this is accurate way to test? Last test like this for me was 20+ years ago when I was a very fit high school athlete - it was 16 -17% then if I recall. Anyway, if anyone knows what I can make of this info, fill me in!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #147  

My computer is acting up, so I'm making this short (before it shuts down on me.)

Calories for today~ 1418
Fat 35%
Fiber 52 grams (it's nice to see it back up there)

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'll let you know how my appointment goes.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:36 AM   #148  

1650 cals.
loving my new jeans today!
I still need to start some exercise.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Nobody is more surprised than me that my calorie total for yesterday is not bad. Although I doubt all those arrowroots had much nutritional content. And I did get some nice exercise in. It takes me a couple days to get back on track after an occassion Which is much better than I used to be.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:35 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

Well my appetite did come back yesterday afternoon closing the day at 1400ish calories....

This morning weight in...... 165.8 no 166.0 no 165.8 (you know how the numbers go back and forth for a bit....) finally settling on 166!!!! Easter Sunday I was 166.6 and after that day I thought I'd be up for a bit....so I avoided the scale!! LOVED seeing that 165.8 though! At 150 I'm going to re-evaluate my 135 goal....For my body I think that may be a bit low now.....152ish is considered a healthy weight for my height. I may raise it to 145lbs
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote