Chocolate oatmeal

• Hey guys,

I got this recipe from the Body For Life book. I absolutely love it, tastes just like no bake cookies. I'll write it as I make it, I use all SBD friendly ingredients.

1/4 cup steel cut oats
    1 1/2 cup water
    dash salt
    1 packet sweet n low
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder of your choice
    1 Tb. natural peanut butter.

Make steel cut oats per package directions with the dash of salt. Stir in protein powder, peanut butter, and sweet n low and enjoy. I always have a large glass of skim milk with this. Hope you enjoy.
  • This sounds delicious!! I think I'm going to try it today. Thanks!!
  • could you use cocoa instead of the protein powder? thanks
  • Hey June,

I have never tried it, but I'm sure you could. Worth a shot if you don't like protein powder. Let me know how it turns out.
  • Sounds really yummy.
    I don't have the protein powder either - I'll be anxious to hear how they come out with cocoa...
  • the cocoa worked fine, i used hersey extra dark special cocoa, very nice chocolate taste without the guilt.
    had this for sunday morning breakfast, very yummie.
  • Good to know June. How much cocoa did you use? I may try that myself.
  • oh.my.God. I am SO going to try this when I but my next container of protein powder because I was planning on getting chocolate this time :-)

~D~
  • Does it make 1 big cookie or whats the serving?
  • you would not believe the people in my office that are going nuts over it...... thanks for the idea!
  • KO,

I haven't actually measured this once it's cooked, however, I think 1/4 cup dried steel cut oats makes about 3/4 to 1 cup cooked oatmeal.
  • I made these this afternoon and loved it!

I'm hoping it will be enough to keep me out of the Trick or Treat candy.