3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > South Beach Diet > South Beach Recipes > Breakfast Ideas - Phase 1

Protein Packed Breakfast Cheesecake

Old 09-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #16

Red face Checked this out in Master Cook.

I entered it just as it was originally posted and came up with 177 calorie each and 60 calories from fat. I'm not sure on how many calories we are allowed on SBD still. I'm getting mixed signals on that one. Some pple say you don't count calories and yet a lot of beachers are worrying about them. I'm not even sure about the allotted fat for a day. Anyways there you have it, as it's posted.

Lisa
Old 09-27-2005, 12:39 PM   #17

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'm curious how we are doing this differently. Are you using fitday?
This is what I had for it-once I change the lf cream cheese to Neufchatel : http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...?Owner=sarahyu

Quote:
I'm not sure on how many calories we are allowed on SBD still. I'm getting mixed signals on that one. Some pple say you don't count calories and yet a lot of beachers are worrying about them. I'm not even sure about the allotted fat for a day. Anyways there you have it, as it's posted.
According to the book, you aren't supposed to be worrying about fat grams and calories and to a certain extent many of us don't at least in phase 1.

But, some of us have found that we don't have a "I'm full" switch when we eat. Or we've hit a major stall in the weight loss. So there are a few of us who count calories while doing SBD.

For must of us, it's not an everyday thing, it's more like once in awhile when we don't see any changes in our weight, we'll log everything into fitday or a similiar program to figure out how close we are to what we think we need. It's just a rough estimate.

sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #18
Who needs sleep?

At last - the moment you've all been waiting for! Here are the stats on the different kinds of Philly brand Cream Cheese!

I wasn't able to get nutritional info for the exact same quantities for each kind, but they are close, at least.

Original (2tbsp): 90 cal, 9 g fat (5 g saturated), 2 g sugar
Original Whipped (2 tbsp): 60 cal, 6 g fat (3.5 g saturated), 4 g sugar
1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese* - 1 oz): 70 cal, 6 g fat (4 g saturated), 4 g sugar
Light (2 tbsp): 60 cal, 4.5 g fat (3 g saturated), 2 g sugar
Fat-free (2 tbsp): 30 cal, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 1 g sugar
*aka Neufchatel

I hope this helps some of you. I apologize for taking so long to get this posted - I've just been that busy with DS and schoolwork and all. Thanks for your patience!

Long-term goal - to keep up with my toddler!

Walls for the wind,
And a roof for the rain,
And drinks beside the fire -
Laughter to cheer you
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire!
Traditional Irish Blessing
H-ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #19

I have made these multiple times. I always use ff cream cheese- I don't use two different ones, just philly ff, and sometimes the walmart cheap brand. Seems to work fine, because I still enjoy them with my coffee. I don't really let them cool in the oven, I just watch them, and when they start to get wrinkley on top, I take them out and let them sit on top of the oven to cool. I really recommend using the foil liners because if you refrigerate them, they really stick to the paper liners, and the paper gets soggy. There is a similar recipie for these in the new cookbook, but it uses cocoa. For some reason they are labeled phase 3, but all the ingredients are phase 1, so I use them in phase 1.
amelie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #20
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to share that I made these this weekend and they turned out fantastic! But I tweaked them just a bit. Instead of using all vanilla extract, I used 1t vanilla and 1t lemon extract and also added the zest from a lemon. Outragously yummy! Lookin' forward to breakfasts this week!

One Carrot for every mini goal met
My over all weight loss goal
hmacneil6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #21
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorRose View Post
Hi,
Can I use Ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese.
Yes, but it has to be part skim.

100 lbs. down plus a carrot for every 5 more
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #22

S/C/G: 293/282/190

Height: 5'10"

Cool Dessert for Breakfast

I made these, halved the recipe, and put them in the individual servings in the freezer - I have to say these are awesome.

I bring them to work, and everyone wants to know what I'm eating. So I tell them. Plus, it's high in protein, low in fat (I use fat free cream cheese, and fat free cottage cheese. I've contemplated using Egg beaters but find regular eggs satisfy me more), and low in carbs and satisfy me until lunch. Plus I feel like I am having a treat. Thanks for posting this, it makes my "lifestyle change" super easy and satisfying.

I also notice that when I immediately pull them out of the oven, they are kind of squishy or "not set". But give them a bit to cool off completely, they "settle" down and become firm...I'm a weirdo for undercooked food and find if I add maybe 5 minutes more to the time...Wait, let me be clear: basically when it is at 400 degrees and cook for 6 minutes, I cook it for 10. Then I let them cool completely in the oven after the 35 minutes at 200 degrees. But don't over cook them. I did that once and the looked like burnt cotton swabs....or white hockey pucks with brown dirt on them. Not so yummy.

Last edited by PrplSkys : 03-08-2009 at 07:57 PM.
PrplSkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #23

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'6"

8 oz Neufchatel (LF) Cream Cheese
8 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
3/4 Cup Splenda
16 oz FF Cottage Cheese
3 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract

I used that version of the recipe to reduce the carbs and fat and up the protein. I put it in an 8x8 and divided it into 9 fairly big portions. The nutritional data ended up being about 185 cals, 5 grams of fat, 8 grams of carbs, and 19 grams of protein (i must have had some crazy protein packed cottage cheese). Also, I added a pack of sugar free strawberry jello to make it taste like something and WOW that made it good!

Hope this helps!
blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #24

S/C/G: maintaining

Tammie - sorry I missed that question

I made the original version, first post in this thread. I am going to make them again this week. Yum.

Changes: I made them in muffin tins. I cut the recipe in half and made 18. I used foil muffin liners sprayed with Pam. Cook at 400 degrees for 6 minutes then 200 for 35 minutes. Some people cooked them longer. Also did some math and figured just over 75 calories for each "muffin." I ate three in a serving.

~
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:42 AM   #25
Baby Weighter

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

SOOOO CONFUSED!!!

Okay, I decided to make these, but the cream cheese (and all the questions about it) has confused me.

The fat-free cream cheese by Philadelphia had sugar listed as an ingredient with an asterisk that said it was an ingredient not in normal cream cheese. We can't have that, right?
I found non-dairy cream cheese that is made from Tofu. I'm going to try that, but it is not fat-free. However, I'm not that worried about the fat content since it is minimal, but will continue the search for fat-free.

So my question is, can we have fat-free cream cheese or not?
JATX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:34 AM   #26
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 266/T/206

Height: 5' 7.5"

Yes, you can have fat-free cream cheese however, my rule of thumb is like that of "lite" anything (mayo, dressing) - I keep it under 3g of sugar per serving.

Neufatel cheese is usually what my store brand is or is what the Philly 1/3 less fat kind is and will sometimes buy that (though not for this recipe - I've never made it as I don't like cheesecake normally!). If your Fat Free brand is below 3g of sugar and is a lower calorie option, that would be ok too.

Hope that helps!

January goal: 253--->245 [247]
February goal: 247--->240 [259]
March goal: entirely off-plan [259]
April goal: 259--->250 FAIL
May goal: 266--->256

Last edited by jenne1017 : 02-12-2010 at 03:40 AM.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #27

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATX3 View Post
The fat-free cream cheese by Philadelphia had sugar listed as an ingredient with an asterisk that said it was an ingredient not in normal cream cheese. We can't have that, right?
I found non-dairy cream cheese that is made from Tofu. I'm going to try that, but it is not fat-free. However, I'm not that worried about the fat content since it is minimal, but will continue the search for fat-free.

So my question is, can we have fat-free cream cheese or not?
Personally I'd rather have a little fat than sugar. Foods with added sugar are just a craving waiting to happen with me. I also live with a diabetic so we just avoid that stuff. I also use FF yogurt in place of FF sour cream. That stuff has sugar and lots of unpronounceables too. As you can tell this one is more of an individual choice As long as you don't use the full fat dairy or a high sugar ff you should be alright.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #28

S/C/G: 262/see bar/150

Height: 5"6

Okay, I finally got this right, and it was AMAZING!
The first time I did this recipe I forgot to adjust the time for cupcakes. I couldn't find that fancy creme cheese, so I just got more FF normal cream cheese. I halved the given recipe and it yielded 12 cupcakes. I also discovered last time these will not rise, so this time i used paper so it would be easier to transport and wasn't afraid to fill it up now that i know it won't rise. Also, for timing, I did 6 mins at 400 and 45 mins at 200. And it was still very loose, but after refrigerating they were perfect! Next time I will use a hand blender mixing it to make it even smoother!

Last edited by mistypaw : 04-23-2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typos
mistypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #29

I have these in muffin form baking right now.
I used Trader Joes lf cream cheese.
I also added sf lemon jello and some poppy seeds for a little flare.

Blog

Water25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #30

S/C/G: 232/217.6/160

Talking

I made these but i made some changes based on what some other people did.

I used a small packet of sugar free strawberry jello
I only used 3/4 cp. splenda
Baked @ 400 for 6 minutes
We didn't eat them until the next day. I add like 2 tablespoons of sugar free cool whip. Everyone loved them (hubby and kids).
And i made these like cupcakes. I ended up making like 24 cheesecake cups. I eat mine as dessert with a cup of milk. It definitely helps with the cravings !

Last edited by mamadeeingeorgia : 05-27-2011 at 07:12 PM.
mamadeeingeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.