3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Breakfast Ideas - Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-ideas-phase-1-128/)
-   -   Chocolate Cheesecake Smoothie: NO EGGS!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-ideas-phase-1/51663-chocolate-cheesecake-smoothie-no-eggs.html)

tkt117 01-10-2005 11:34 PM

Chocolate Cheesecake Smoothie: NO EGGS!!!

I am on the second week of Phase I of the SBD (again), and I am getting a little bit sick of eggs. So I decided to make myself a delicious smoothie for breakfast this morning. Don't be turned off by the cottage cheese, after it is blended you have a smooth, thick and delicious smoothy that tastes like chocolate cheesecake in a glass! YUMMY!!! It was quick, filling, and delicious!

In a blender add:
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup hot cocoa mix (see below)
1 packet splenda (or less)
1/4 teas vanilla

Pulse in the blender until the cottage cheese is smooth. Add 4 or 5 ice cubes and about 1 cup of water (or milk) and blend until smooth.

Add a shot of espresso, and you have yourself a mocha cheesecake!

Hot Cocoa Mix:
3 cups of Non fat dry milk
1 cup dutch process cocoa
1/2 cup powdered non dairy creamer
1/2 cup splenda

Makes 15 1/3 cup servings.

Ruthxxx 01-11-2005 09:55 AM

Liquid fat free non-dairy creamer or the original powdered creamer are the only two allowed according to the Guide. The rest are limited or avoid.

Sounds really yummy. I shop today and will get some ff creamer.

tkt117 01-11-2005 07:15 PM

The book "Good Fats Good Carbs", claims that regular powdered coffee creamer is allowed. But if you want to avoid the creamer, you can substitute an additional 1/2 cup of non fat dry milk.

If you want to post a new recipe, you can start another thread or you can reply in this thread. Good luck with your diet! (D

fireflynova 01-11-2005 08:58 PM

How many servings can you have? And I hope this keeps well, because 15 servings could last quite a while..

celticscryer 01-11-2005 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireflynova

How many servings can you have? And I hope this keeps well, because 15 servings could last quite a while..

1/3 cup is only a bit over 2 oz. I don't know about you, but I'd need at least a full 8 oz glass to consider this a meal item! :lol:

So, it breaks down to just over four 8 oz servings. Judging from the ingredients, I would only have one glass a day.

tkt117 01-12-2005 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireflynova

I store mine in an airtight container, and it lasts for quite a while. Enjoy
:dizzy:

Bamiegurl 01-14-2005 11:35 PM

I think it means it makes 15 1/3 c. servings of the hot cocoa mix. Not the shake itself. The cocoa is dry ing. so it should keep fine. I'm gonna get the ing. to make this it looks really good!

emily42897 02-21-2005 09:37 PM

Swiss Miss

I picked up some No Sugar Added Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa mix at the grocery store last week and it's pretty tasty. I think you could probably use that instead of making your own. It doesn't have any sugar, or corn syrup or anything like that. Just the natural sugars from the dry milk.

kissyjoy 03-15-2005 12:06 PM

I made this with the Swiss Miss NSA Cocoa Mix and it's really good! It's a great dessert as well!

Fat Melanie 09-12-2008 10:49 AM

Yum, delicious. I was thinking maybe I would try it with the 2 tablespoons of cream cheese allowed (it is 2 tablespoons, right? Or one) to make it even more cheesecakey.

Betsi 10-20-2008 04:49 PM

Fabulous! (Note to self, start keeping a recipe book from all these great ideas!)

wonderlin 05-07-2009 04:00 PM

This has been a life saver for me! It's now a regular in my breakfast rotation. It's so quick, easy and filling!

wonderlin 05-13-2009 02:57 PM

I added some peanut butter to this recipe this morning!
Oh my goodness! It was incredible!!!:D

zeffryn 07-19-2010 12:10 PM

having this for lunch today. It's one of "those" days and I feel like eating an entire cheesecake....this will have to suffice. :)

LindsaysMommy 07-22-2010 12:29 PM

As I LOVE chocolate, I will be making this, probably often as possible.