3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Breakfast Ideas - Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-ideas-phase-1-128/)
-   -   Baked Chilies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-ideas-phase-1/45525-baked-chilies.html)

Leashless 08-23-2004 01:11 PM

Baked Chilies

Baked Chilie Pie
1 (4 oz) can whole green chilies
1/2-3/4 cup grated Reduced Fat Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese (I use Sargento's RF 4-Cheese Mexican shredded cheese)
2 eggs
1/4 cup 1% milk

Beat eggs and milk together. Remove seeds from chilies and place in a greased 6-8 inch pan. Layer cheese over chilies. Pour milk mixture over all.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with salsa if desired.

I find that 1/4 pie with a little canadian bacon is sufficient for breakfast .

Lou Lou Belle 02-15-2005 04:14 PM

I made this and it was yummy! Will make it again!

Katpo 03-05-2005 01:27 PM

I wonder how it would work to put the mixture into individual muffin tins that are sprayed? Maybe I guess you'd put the chiles on the bottom then pour everything else over ... I think I'll try it. They might freezer well and be a good portable "take to work" type breakfast.

Thanks for the recipe!

nefarious_wytch 03-05-2005 03:38 PM

that's actually what i did and they turned out great. i didn't try freezing them though so i don't know about that.

Redheadswife 03-14-2006 03:36 PM

Hi everyone. This looks really good, and I would like to try it, but I could not find whole green chilies at either store I tried. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for. I found a small can of chopped chilies in the mexican food section, but not whole. It's not peppers, is it? I saw a lot of those.

If someone could help, I would really appreciate it!!

Ruthxxx 03-14-2006 04:09 PM

They are not the same as the regular sweet green peppers but are smaller ones and of varying hotness. Here's a chart of the different kinds. I think the ones I used were the sweet pale green Italian ones but some of the other ones would work too. The jalapeno ones are great but a bit hot for my taste.

Redheadswife 03-14-2006 07:16 PM

Oh, Ok. I will go back and look again, and maybe look at the fresh ones as well. Thanks Ruth!!

Lolow 05-06-2006 11:14 AM

If you will look where you saw the chopped green chillies there will probably be a can the same size as the chopped and they are whole. I picked up the whole ones by mistake one time and that's how I noticed. They are in the ethnic or Mexican food section.:)

Redheadswife 05-06-2006 11:18 AM

Thanks Lolow. I looked and looked and I finally found them. I haven't tried the recipe yet. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

stitchwitch1224 05-05-2008 09:12 PM

Oh ym

See this is the kinda thing I like- all spicy and southwestern.

Being from Colorado and living in Florida I get green chili withdrawls.:hug: