Old 07-31-2010, 08:57 PM   #1  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default Green chile chicken and egg whites

I am quite new to SB so let me know if this isn't a good one to go with. I have been noticing a ton a recipes for eggs. Eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs. Haha. Apparently it is a staple for the first few weeks. My spin on taking the leftovers from dinner and adding it to breakfast.

Crockpot:
3 chicken breasts (or 16-18 oz.)
2 (7 oz.) can of diced hatch green chiles
1/2 purple onion, finely chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 Tbs. ground cumin
1/4 c. water (or veggie broth)

Set the crock pot to low--if cooking for 4-5 hours. High if only cooking for 2-3 hours.
Mix the chiles, onions, garlic, cumin, and water together and pour over chicken that should be placed in the crockpot. No need to sear the chicken as it will remain moist. When done, shred chicken and mix into sauce.

Pour over cooked eggs, or egg whites.

My mother use to make this for me in the mornings when we had leftovers from the night before. Yum!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252.6/252.6/175

Height: 5' 6"

This sounds wonderful & isn't something I would have thought to make for breakfast. Thank you for sharing - I'll def. plan on making this for dinner one night (I'm thinking with ff refried beans & salad) & then over eggs a morning or two later.
WeighingMeDown is offline   Reply With Quote