Coconut chia pudding

• Thanks to Cyndi for the inspiration for this awesome pudding!! This is how I made it. It makes one serving. This was my first attempt to make anything with chia seeds and I thought it turned out great.

Mix in a small bowl:

2T chia seeds
    1/2 cup skim or lowfat milk (or milk sub)
    2T coconut milk
    a few cardamom pods
    a dash of cinnamon
    a dash of salt
    a few drops of vanilla
    a generous pinch of sliced almonds (pistachios would be good too)
    a pinch of Splenda, or more if you want a sweeter pudding

I think that's all...I'm going to go make some now for breakfast tomorrow so I'll come back and edit if I realise I forgot anything. Mix well until all the seeds are separated and chill in the fridge overnight. The first batch I made only chilled a couple hours, and it was ok, but overnight was much thicker, with a richer flavor.

Make sure and pick out the cardamom pods, or just eat around them.
  • Sounds like the rice pudding at the Indian restaurant. I might try this with unsweetened coconut milk in place of the milk. Thanks!
  • This sounds amazing! I've been wanting to try Chia Seeds. I think this'll do it! Thanks .
  • Cyndi, it really does taste a lot like that, that's why I thought the pistachios might be good in it, or cashews.

Valrock I hope you like it, I really was surprised how much I liked it--I had expected the chia to be slimier.

I made some chocolate last night. I left out the cardamom and instead of coconut milk, I used a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder. I liked it too, not quite as much as the coconut but still, not bad!

ETA: I added a little more Splenda to the chocolate and now it's pretty rockin! I will definitely be buying more chia!