Old 10-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #16  

Yum! Thank you I am having one right now...I think I will make two smaller ones next time since it puffed up and over my ramekin...or maybe mini muffins for a quick snack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacneil6 View Post
Honest to goodness bread-like muffins. I found these on Recipezaar and had one for breakfast this morning. REALLY GOOD!!! Quick and simple! A great change of pace if you're tired of eggs.

Ingredients

* 1 large egg
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I use more)
* 2 teaspoons plain fat-free yogurt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
Directions

1.Spray a microwave safe ramekin or bowl with cooking spray (or use a muffin liner).
2. Mix the egg and splenda until well combined (I use a fork), add the yogurt and blend well.
3. Mix in the ground flaxseed, cinnamon and baking powder until well combined.
4. Pour in ramekin and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (note the ramekin should be no more than half full since these do rise a lot, if it is too small they will overflow).
5. These taste best served hot.

Serving: 1

I added some chopped pecans and poured some FF half & half around the base but it really wasn't necessary. It was really good!!!
ENJOY!
momtotwinzplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:33 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I made these tonight but w/ some changes. I only have greek yogurt in my fridge, so I used it. And I wanted a pumpkin spice muffin so I used pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon. I've never had flaxseed before so this was all new for me. It wasn't "bad" per se, but it wasn't what I was hoping it would be. It wasn't as sweet as I wanted it. I'll try it again w/ some more seasoning and splenda.

Also, I have a large ramikin and it still overflowed (it was kinda cool looking, though, LOL). I have to admit, though, that seeing the mixture transform to a muffin in 90 seconds is pretty awesome. The things I've learned on southbeach!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #18  

So I just tried these again but this time I eliminated the cinnamon and threw in some spinach and parmesan. NICE!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #19  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I do love them savory. Apparently it's an old low carb recipe. I found directions online to just make them on a plate and use them as burger buns. We've tried it and it works
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Savory and making them on a plate sounds wonderful. I hadn't thought of making them that way. Or it could be made sweet on a skillet like a pancake....wow, we can go crazy and make up some really great things.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #21  
KD7

Smile Yum!

Wow, I just made these like, 5 minutes ago, and they are wonderful. I'm allergic to cinnamon so I changed it up and used lemon zest and a bit of juice instead, and they were fantastic! Great recipe, thank you.
KD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #22  

These are one of my favorite finds since joining this thread...yum!
momtotwinzplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #23  
American in UK

S/C/G: 149/145/130

Height: 5'7

These sound great! Can you also make them in the oven?
amberconnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #24  

Made these again this morning but added some pumpkin pie spice as well. Yummy!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #25  

Default Wow! Yum!

I am back on the beach after a six year absence and I was intrigued by this recipe that I had never tried before. Wow it was so great and filling. My changes:
-2T flax
-sour cream (light) instead of yogurt
-teeny bit of vanilla extract
- no sweetener so I added 1 T of natural peanut butter
So yummy and very filling! I can't wait to try the savory version to eat with soup or salad. This was my first meal back on the beach -Great start!
Rgd4325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #26  

S/C/G: lose80/lost8/success

Height: 5'2"

Just tried these today. Used the original recipe, and it was great. I have a microwave egg poacher tray (from the Dollar Tree) that has three muffin-type wells. Filled the wells half way, and the recipe made 4 smaller muffins. The taste reminded me of apple cinnamon muffins (but without the apples). This is the first time I have ever used flax seed. I got the pre-ground flax seed from GNC. The container is quite large. Since I love this recipe, I will be making many muffin varieties in my future. A cup of tea and 4 smaller muffins makes me think I am cheating

Tomorrow I am going to make them with sauteed onions/celery, sage, and some pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles. As KO posted previously, I bet they will taste like Thanksgiving stuffing.
LoLoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #27  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Awesome to see this - I had only ever made the "Muffin in a Minute" in the Phase 2 Breakfasts section, which is similar but more flax meal. This gives me so many more ideas.

BTW, the Golden Flax Meal giant 3-lb bag from Costco has a really mild flavor, is very affordable ($9 I think, but I'm not sure since it has been so long since I had to buy it) and lasts for a long time at room temperature. Love it.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #28  

Default Make ahead?

Has anyone tried making these ahead of time refrigerating them? I really need something to grab and go in the morning for breakfast, and these are perfect. However I've noticed the most versions it says that their best served warm.

Thanks!!
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #29  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

There is a recipe for peanut butter muffins that are good cold. It's somewhere in here

ETA - the ones I am thinking of are Phase 2, do you need a Phase 1 recipe?

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-30-2014 at 12:53 PM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #30  

Hi - I would prefer a Phase 1 recipe to keep my daily carbs down, and still have some room later in the day for fruit or grain if possible. However, I am moving into Phase 2 so those would be ok.

I'm hopeful that these refrigerate well or there is a way to make them grab and go

Thanks!!
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote