Old 07-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #1  

Default Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Cups (Phase 1)

Here's another great idea I got in my inbox from the South Beach Diet website. This recipe comes from the South Beach Diet cookbook. It reminds me of the Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go in the South Beach Diet book. I love anything that helps us get out the door on time during the school year. The Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go are a favorite with my kids. I'm sure they'll love these as well.

Enjoy...

Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Cups

It's often said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That's because skipping your morning meal can lead to a dip in blood sugar that may cause cravings for unhealthy, refined foods. This cycle can lead to overeating and, thus, may impede your weight-loss efforts. Instead, start your day with this nutritious, mouthwatering meal. Not only will it keep you satisfied and stabilize your blood sugar, research shows that a morning meal can improve energy as well as work and school performance. This tasty recipe will be sure to get you going in the morning.

Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Cups (Phase 1)

Description
These egg "muffins" make a hearty breakfast that can be eaten on the run. Make them ahead and warm them in the microwave for a fast and slimming breakfast treat.

Makes 6 cups

Ingredients
4 ounces turkey sausage or crumbled turkey bacon
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
5 large eggs
1 can (12 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 6-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups.

In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, pepper, and onion for 5 minutes or until the sausage is no longer pink. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and cool slightly. Stir in the eggs and mushrooms. Evenly divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with the cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is set.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Thank you sun, this is already in our stickies!!!!! take a peek! Enjoy, they are delicious!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/260/150

This is what is helping me get through P1. Yummy.
TexisDolly73 is offline   Reply With Quote