3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Breakfast and Brunch (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-brunch-190/)
-   -   Oatmeal lovers! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-brunch/7408-oatmeal-lovers.html)

Ally-oop 07-14-2001 06:48 PM

Oatmeal lovers!

I encourage you to check out the WW Food Talk board &/or community recipe swap (both "free" areas) for the Baked Oatmeal recipes. I tried it this week and it's great! There's quite a few variations to the recipe, so that's why I say to check the message board (Food talk) too for those.

Ally-oop 07-14-2001 06:50 PM

oops! I meant to say that it's on WW web site: weightwatchers.com.

Tasty and easy!
:)
Ally

Punky 07-14-2001 07:14 PM

Ally,

Sounds good thanks for sharing, I will definitely be checking it out.

Bren

Sunr1se 07-14-2001 09:40 PM

I can't seem to access the baked oatmeal recipe on the ww site. Could you copy it here? Thanks!
Sun

Ally-oop 07-15-2001 12:40 PM

One baked oatmeal recipe

Here's the recipe I tried. The posters on the WW Food Talk board have a lot of variations on it, though. Mostly changes to eggs (real vs subs or whites, or mixture of both) and the sugar. I'm trying to find the one I saw that Splenda replaces the brown sugar. Some also posted they used Brown Sugar Twin. There were other changes, too, but I can't remember them all...I know someone added raisins but changed something else, maybe the applesauce? ..then of course some people topped it with things, too. LOL! Slice it up into 6 servings for 3 points. They are pretty big pieces when I made it in an 11x7 glass casserole. Put into individual baggies and keep in refrig. Keeps pretty well from what I've heard.

BAKED OATMEAL

2 c. quick oats
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 c. milk (1 %)
1/2 c. egg beaters
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325. In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, baking powder and salt. Mix in the milk, egg beaters, applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir and pour into pie plate or casserole dish sprayed with Pam. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings: 3pts each

They also said its good cold when you're on the go.
Hope you try it!
Ally

dmarkey 07-15-2001 01:27 PM

One post I read on another site said she was going to try replacing the applesauce with pumpkin and adding more cinnamon.

I just made that this morning with Brown Sugar Twin. It was quite filling. I would try another sweetner next time - maybe Spenda.

I followed the suggestions of the poster who said to spray a little ICBINB on it and then put a little SF Syrup on it. We all liked it.

Here's a thought. It would be a good camping breakfast or snack too. Have them wrapped in foil, put on the grill to warm (optional), pour a little syrup over (optional).

:cool:

Raindrops 07-16-2001 09:16 AM

Do they come out like a granola bar or more like a pancake?

I tried a variation of them yesterday with the brown sugar twin and that is what they taste like. I just don't like the taste of sugar twin! Next time, I think I will do splenda as I've had a lot of success cooking with that. I might try 1/2 splenda and 1/2 brown sugar....

The other thing I've noticed with using sweeteners is that it helps to add some extra flavor like cinammon. I'll have to try these soon!

Ally-oop 07-16-2001 10:11 AM

Mine came out more like a brownie, but with a "spongier" texture. (I think from the egg beaters?)
:)
BTW- I LOVE warming them up a bit and putting Brummel and Brown on it.....all melty and buttery. Yum! Tomorrow morning, I'm going to try it with the Apple Cinnamon B&B.
Ally