Categories : Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1/2 cup egg substitute
    2 tablespoons salsa
    2 tablespoons cilantro -- optional
    2 Corn tortillas (Mission White corn) -- 6''
    Cooking spray

Mix the egg, salsa, and cilantro (if using) together into a bowl. Lightly coat the cooking spray on a small non stick skillet and turn heat to meduium. Cook the egg mixture, stirring occasionally until done, about 3-5 minutes. Microwave the two corn tortillas for 20 seconds. Split the egg mixture between the two tortillas evenly. Roll up tortillas burrito style.

Nutrtional info 180 calories, 1.5 grm fat, 2 grams fiber, 0 mgs cholesterol

ww points = 3

Formatted and submitted to thw WW and 3FC fourms on 9/26/99 by Karen

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ps....

This is a favorite of mine and I have started eating it every evening after my Thrus weigh in at Weight Watchers. I love it becuase it is a nice hot meal, you can fix it quick, and it is low in points and healthy, too. I fix it with a nice hot cup of decaf coffee and have some fruit to balance out the meal. I also usually have the ingrediants around in my refrige, too. Enjoy!

Karen
  • * Exported from MasterCook *

Veggie Trio Crock-Pot - 2 Points

Recipe By :JoAnna M. Lund
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Crockpot/Nesco Vegetables

3 cups sliced potatoes -- (15 ounces)
    3 cups sliced carrots
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1 3/4 cups Swanson beef broth -- (one 14 1/2 oz. can)

Ever notice how good the vegetables taste in a bowl of beef stew? Well, you'll be amazed to
    find that old-fashioned flavor in this simple slow cooker recipe--but without the beef! Here, a
    little beef broth and lots of oh-so-slow baking time brews up a richly satisfying veggie dish
    that the whole family will love.

1. In a slow cooker container, combine potatoes, carrots, and onion. Pour beef broth evenly
    over top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours. Mix well before serving. Serves 4.

Serving size (1 full cup)
    According to the cookbook:
    Per serving: 109 Cal, 1g Fat, 3g Pro, 22g Carb, 410mg Sod, 39mg Calc, 3g Fib
    Healthy Exchanges: 1 3/4 Vegetable, 3/4 Bread, 9 Opt. Cal.
    Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Starch
    Weight Watcher Points: 2

Source:
    "The Heart Smart Healthy Exchanges Cookbook, page 128"
    Copyright:
    "Healthy Exchanges, Inc. 1999; ISBN 0-399-52474-6"
    Yield:
    "4 cups"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Scanned & MC formatted (using MC_Buster) by Pamela S. on 5/26/99. REG 6
    shared by Pamela S. from WI. USA on 5/26/99. Shared by Pamela S. on 8/10/99 to the W. W.
    Forum.
    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0

Eggs Lorraine - 5 Points

Recipe By :My Great Recipes
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:20
    Categories : Breakfast Dishes

1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
    16 ounces shredded lowfat cheddar cheese -- (4 cups)
    12 large eggs
    1 cup evaporated skimmed milk -- fat free
    16 slices turkey bacon, Butterball -- cooked crisp and
    crumbled
    2 tablespoons dried parsley -- for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Put margarine in glass 13"x9" baking pan (pretty enough to serve from) & heat until margarine is melted. Coat baking dish with melted margarine. Sprinkle with half the cheese.

3. Crack eggs evenly over cheese. Break egg yolks but do not stir.

4. Drizzle with evaporated skim milk. Top with remaining cheese. Cover & bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set but not hard & cheese is melted. Add bacon & bake 2 to 3 minutes longer. Sprinkle with parsley for garnish. Serve immediately.

* Original recipe called for butter or margarine, whipping cream & regular bacon. This can be combined & then baked the next morning. I had to cook it longer than the recipe stated.

Serving size (1 square)
    Per MC nutritional analysis:
    Per serving: 213.7 Calories, 12.9g Fat, 0g Fiber
    Weight Watcher Points: 5

Source:
    "My Great Recipes (Recipe Card), Adapted"
    Yield:
    "12 squares"

NOTES : MC formatted by Pamela S. on 2/10/98. Submitted to MC swap on 5/6/98 by Pamela S.
  • Breakfast Burritos

Number of servings:4 WW points: 5

INGREDIENTS
    1/4 tsp. salt
    3 large egg whites
    1 large egg
    1/2 tsp. butter or stick margarine
    1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
    1/4 cup (1-oz) diced sharp cheddar cheese
    4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
    1/2 cup bottled salsa

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium
    heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 10 minutes. Pour egg mixture into pan; cook until bottom
    begins to set, stirring to scramble. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.

2. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon one-fourth of egg mixture down
    center of each tortilla; roll up. Serve with salsa.

Cal~~236
    Fat~~7.6 g
    Fiber~~2.3 g

From~~Cooking Light / Jan. Feb. 2000

{Original recipe called for 1/2 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers. Add peppers
    after mushrooms, sauté 1 minute}

Breakfast Burritos^ -- Lowfat --3 points

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:30
    Categories : Breakfast

1 cup Egg Beaters® 99% egg substitute -- equiv to 8 eggs
    4 eggs
    2 tablespoons water
    salt and pepper -- to taste
    6 3/8 ounces Healthy Choice Lowfat Breakfast Sausage -- 8
    patties- 1 package
    1/2 onion -- chopped
    1/2 green pepper -- chopped
    10 98% Fatfree Flour Tortillas -- 1 bag/Mission brand
    1/2 cup shredded lowfat cheese -- *Sargento light
    1 Tablespoon butter -- or margarine
    cooking spray

Sauté onion and pepper in non-stick pan which has been sprayed with desired flavor of non-stick spray. Add cut up Healthy Choice sausage and stir into vegetable mixture. (No need to cook sausage; it's fully pre-cooked.)

Transfer to a bowl or bag and refrigerate.

Lightly beat eggs and egg substitute with the water. Melt butter or margarine in the skillet that was used to sauté the onions and peppers (or use non-stick spray). When melted, stir in egg mixture.

Cook eggs until almost done, keeping in fairly large curds. Salt and pepper to taste.

Combine eggs and cooled sausage mixture.

Warm tortillas in the microwave. Place about 1/4 cup of the egg mixture in the center of a tortilla.

Top with 1 scant tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese.

Roll tortilla and wrap in waxed paper, tape to seal (label if making more than one kind).

Place waxed paper wrapped tortillas in a zip-lock freezer bag in the freezer.

To heat from freezer:

Cook a single wrapped burrito in the microwave for about 2 minutes on 50% power (or' defrost') (would take longer if you were doing multiples). Then microwave for about 1/2 minute more on full power or until hot. Just peel the paper down as you eat so that all the filling stays in.

per MasterCook with these lower fat substitutions:
    167.8cals,5 fat (25.9% CFF), 97mg chol,2.2g fiber = 3 Weight Watcher Points

Description:
    "Freeze Ahead Recipe"
    Source:
    "Freezer-Friendly@onelist -- Lightened by JaneStarr"

Per serving: 85 Calories (kcal); 4g Total Fat; (46% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 86mg Cholesterol; 189mg Sodium
    Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : I got the original recipe for these from Libby. I've been
    experimenting with lowering the fat and calorie content without "ruining"
    the flavor and texture. This is my final "successful" experiment!
    I chose to use a small amount or real butter and real eggs, but these could
    easily by made with all egg substitute and cooking spray. This would change
    the nutritional analysis to:
    138cals,1.8g fat (11.5%CFF), 2.2g fiber =2 WW points each
    JaneStarr

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -32749 -32756 -32756 0 0

[This message has been edited by JaneStarr (edited 02-15-2000).]
  • This recipe is from the "O" Magazine. The points could be reduced by using an egg substitute.
    Diane

Zucchini and Tomato Fritata serves 8 3 Points per serving
    8 eggs, beaten
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
    2 Tbsp. minced chives or green onion
    2 Thsp. extra-virgin olive oil
    2 zucchini, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup thinly sliced Vidalia onion
    1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1. Preheat the oven to 350. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and chives. Set aside.
    2. In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Cook half the zucchini slices until tender, about 3 minutes, then move them to a small bowl. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini and reserve. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the skillet and cook onions, tomato and garlic for 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender.
    Return the zucchini to the skillet, evenly distributing it. Add the egg mixture. Cook 3 minutes, or until the bottom of the frittata is just set.
    3. In the oven, bake the frittata 12 to 15 minutes, or until it is completely set and golden brown. Invert it onto a plate.
    Each serving; about 128 calories, 8g. protein, 3g. carbohydrate, 9g. total fat (3g. saturated), 1g. fiber,214 mg. cholesterol, 258 mg. sodium.
  • Breakfast recipes?
    I am looking for good WW breakfast egg recipes. I am used to making a big breakfast every Sunday and am looking for good ideas so that I don't have to sacrifice my Sunday morning ritual.

Thanks;
    Tinkerbell

"Getting what you go after is success; but liking it while you are getting it is happiness"
  • How about an egg beater omelette? You can throw in as many veggies as you like and some cheese and for a few pts you can have a big omelette. Or use egg whites.

I personally don't do this -- but have heard so many people say they do and love it.

You can get lower fat bacon as well. And light bread toast with some butter spray.

Good luck and welcome to 3FC!

Tara
  • Thanks for the welcome!
    Glad to be here!
  • Hashbrown Omelet
    Hi Tinkerbelldee ~

Welcome!

I make a yummy and very filling Hashbrown Omelet …here’s what I do:

I brown 1 cup of fat free O’Brian Hashbrown Shreds (1 point) in a fry pan coated with Pam.
    When browned, I then add ˝ cup Eggbeaters (1 point)

Cook on top of stove until edges are set, and then put in your oven (on broil) until done.

Crumble 1 cooked Morning Star Sausage Patty (1 point) and add to top of omelet.
    Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. Sharp Cheddar Cheese (1 point).

Total points: 4

Enjoy!
  • That sounds great, I will try that this weekend!
    Thanks
  • Mock French Toast

3 egg whites (1 pt)
    1/4 t. vanilla
    1/8 t. cinnamon
    1/4 t. Splenda

Beat all ingredients, cook in hot non-stick or sprayed pan. Flip when set. I had a little SF maple syrup on it.
  • Strata
    I sometimes make a great low point strata. I don't have the exact recipe. I create it to fit the size pan and amount of people I am feeding.
    I use light sourdough (Orowheat, 1/2 point per slice) bread cut into small cubes. Diced lean ham, low fat cheddar cheese, egg beaters and non fat milk. You could also add chopped veggies like onions, peppers and spinach to suit you taste. I often use diced greeen chilies and then serve it with 0 point salsa. You can also substitute another low point breakfast meat for the ham, like low fat sausage or veggie sausage.
    So you spray your baking dish with some Pam equivelant. Then fill about 2/3 full with your bread cubes. Sprinkle your ham and low fat cheese over all (and any other vegggies you are adding). Then mix together your egg beaters with your milk in a seperate bowl. I would guess about 1 part egg beaters to 2 parts milk. Stir in a little salt and pepper. Make enough to almost cover your ingredients. Pour over everything. It is great to get to this point the night before and then cover in your fridge overnight. Bake in a medium oven (325 -350) until it is bubbly and browning on top.
    Sorry I don't have a more exact recipe. It is easy to figure out the overall points for this depending on your choice of ingredients and serving size. I will serve this for a brunch with fruit salad on the side and it is always a big hit.
  • 4 Point Omelet
    In a hankerin' for an omelet this Sunday, I came up with this. The points are actually about 3.5 if you count halves.

Serves 2

2 eggs
    2 slices Fat Free Oscar Mayer bologna, diced
    2 slices Fat Free Kraft singles, any flavor, each cut into 3 wide strips (I cut mine on the diagonal to have 1 long strip and 2 triangles)
    1 - 10 oz. bag of frozen seasoning blend (frozen chopped onions, red & green bell peppers, celery & parsley)
    1 - 10 oz. bag of frozen sliced mushrooms
    Butter flavored cooking spray

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat pan over med-high heat and add diced bologna. Stir to break up and lightly brown. Add seasoning blend and mushrooms. Stir to break up and cook until most of the moisture is cooked away and vegetables are cooked through.

Spray a small omelet pan with cooking spray. Heat pan over med-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg well. Pour egg into hot omelet pan. As egg starts to set up, swirl pan to get more egg around entire pan to make a thinner larger omelet. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover pan for about 1 minute to allow omelet to set up to desired doneness. Lay out cheese strips across omelet. Pour half of veggie mixture along middle of omelet, like a taco. Gently slide omelet onto plate, using pan to fold omelet in half over filling. The heat of the egg and veggies will melt the cheese nicely through out. Serve.

Repeat with second egg.
  • Oops! I meant to put that omelet recipe in a different thread. Sorry.