Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #1  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default Apple Bread for breakfast - 120 cals for 1/8 loaf

I found this lovely apple bread recipe on line and tried it - it turned out great! Very yummy. But then when I went back to find it, it was GONE! I couldn't find it anywhere online! So I'm putting it up here so I can always find it.

So, I don't know who to credit with the inspiration for my altered recipe, but I mean no disrespect. The base of this recipe isn't mine. If you find out who/where it's from, please let me know.

This recipe is easy and great for a not-too-sweet breakfast. I can't do a ton of sweetness in the morning, so this is perfect for me.

Vegan Apple Bread

1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (100)
1-2 apples, shredded (200)
1/2 lightly packed cup brown sugar (360)
1 tsp vanilla
2.5 cups flour (1000)
1/2 cup ground flax seeds (240)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Optional: a dash nutmeg and/or allspice can make this bread "spicy."
Optional: toss in some walnuts

Total cals: 1900. Per slice (16): ~120

Directions:

Combine and set aside first five ingredients. Sift flour, flax, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet gradually. Blend in walnuts (if any).
Bake in 2 regular loaf pans or 3 foul loaf pans for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
Let good 10 minutes in the pans.

I chop the loaf into squares, because I like muffins but hate using the pans, so they're kind of like square muffins... sort of. And they travel better in squares than in slices. This is also good with a little butter on it!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote