Old 09-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #1  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Default Pumpkin Microwave Muffins

Here's my variation of the microwave muffin. It started out as a high-protein, high-fiber solution to quench my cravings for those evil store-bought muffins, and I think it still need some tweaking. But here is what I've come up with so far:

2 TBS (13g) flaxseed meal (OR substitute 15g quinoa flakes)
1 TBS (7g) unsweetened coconut flakes
6 TBS (90g) egg whites (carton)
1/2cup (120g) pure pumpkin puree (canned)
1 scoop (30g) vanilla protein powder
cinnamon & pumpkin spice

Mix it all together in a ceramic bowl that holds around two cups (mix will rise a bit) and microwave on high for 3-5 min. (depending on your microwave).

Let cool for about 1-2 min., turn out and drizzle with a mix of 1/2TBS pumpkin butter and 1TBS Greek yogurt.

A 1/4 tsp. of baking soda would probably improve the texture, but I didn't have any and it turned out the way I like it, a bit dense and juicy. Also, the way I make it it's not very sweet, so you may wanna use a bit of honey, brown sugar or sweetener if you need a sweet fix - or use more pumpkin butter on top.

MyDailyPlate says it's 325 cal, 9g fat, 22g Carbs, 8g fiber, 39g protein per one Mega-Muffin. I ate two thirds for breakfast and will have the rest for a mid-morning snack with some fruit.

Last edited by Heffalump; 09-30-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote