3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss

Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Weight Loss And Skin FAQs

Old 03-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #76
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Yea, I know you're right.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #77
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I didn't want to start a new thread since we have a sticky about loose skin, and I was wondering about body scrubs.

I've been looking into it for the past few days, and I'm reading good things about body scrubs. But I'm not sure how accurate the information I'm reading is.

I keep seeing it said that if you use a body scrub on your loose skin, that it exfoliates away the loose skin causing the new firmer skin underneath to show up sooner?

But this wouldn't give you better chances of firmer skin it seems like, just that it would 'appear' sooner?

I hope that makes sense. I've seen that posted on a couple sites but I'm not sure how valid it is. I'm wondering if anyone has any input on this information

And personal experiences are as well welcome!

Lost weight in 2010, had a baby and lost it again, had another baby and now I'm back! My mini goal photos from when I first lost weight here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3535492
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:39 AM   #78

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I lost 100 pound once before when I was in my late 20's (I kept if off for 15 years, but THAT'S another story!)

Anyway I went from ~240 to about 135lbs and my skin shrank right along with the rest of me. I'v had three more kids since then and my tummy is pretty much a mush ball. The rest of me, while not as firm as 30 years ago, seems to be doing OK tone wise.

Someone suggested that it's due to hormones. I had my last baby at 47 (Yes, I was OUT OF MY MIND!) was having regular periods until a few months ago and I am on natural HRT currently. I am hoping this is at least partly true but does anyone actually know?

Last edited by nancymae : 08-21-2010 at 03:40 AM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #79

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

I am sixty yeras old and was 180lbs. Now i am 168lbs. I do not see major difference till now.but, i plan to be 132lbs. Do you think i will start looking haggered?
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #80
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

I'm worried about this too. I have a bit of weight to lose. If I want to get back to my original pre preg wieght which is barely over 100 lbs I will have to lose almost 70 lbs! I think I was too thin before I ever had children. I think my weight between babies 2 and 3 was the most flattering on me. I'm 5'5" and small framed but I do have natural curves that I like and hubby enjoys. lol. So, My target weight is between 140-150lbs. So, thats about 35-45 pounds to lose. And most of that is somehow in my middle region, hence the name MsThickMiddle! I am horrified at what my stomach will look like after I lose this weight and have not lost it because of this. But I want to look nice in my clothes and not have to buy new ones because I had babies. So begins my weight lose journey and I'm nearing my first 10 lb mini goal. I'm not the veinest person around and my hubby says he could care less what my body looks like. But, I wouldn't say no to cosmetic surgery to fix what needs afixin'. lol Praying for the best preparing for the worst!
MsThickMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #81
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
I am sixty yeras old and was 180lbs. Now i am 168lbs. I do not see major difference till now.but, i plan to be 132lbs. Do you think i will start looking haggered?
Gosh NO! Now if you had 100+ lbs to lose, you might see some premature aging with the weight loss. BTW, I'm 44 yrs old and just lost 62 lbs. over the course of 9 months. I have no loose skin whatsoever and took about 10 yrs off my age!

Chances are the weight loss will take age OFF you, not put it ON. In any event, you'll be healthier and hopefully live longer. That's what I'm going for (at this point). Nobody wants to be a beautiful corpse. It's about LIFE and LIVING it with enjoyment. Have fun!

FINALLY MADE GOAL! Pics here--->http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...goal-pics.html

joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #82

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Thank you joy!
But i feel some lumps in my tummy skin. I hope they will go off as i drop pounds.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #83

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

How much weight loss is considered "alot"? Like how much does it take to make your skin look like that? Would 35lbs do it?
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #84

I don't know. I lost 45 this time and have the bags around the hips, bum & thighs. (And stomach and arms, I guess, but it bothers me less.)

In my case though, I spent ages 15 to 25 circling between 130 and 150 lbs, and ages 25 to 35 between 150 and 200. Now at 35, I'm at around 130 lbs. I've smoked forever and should/will stop.

But I think I'm particularly unlucky... My mother told me that I was born with empty pockets of skin around my thighs waiting to be filled.

I'm already practically skeletal on the top half and cushy on the bottom. Can't see anything but surgery working :/ (can't afford it!)
teronna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #85

Skin is very elastic. That's why when we gain weight, of course, the skin will follow what's inside the body. The reason why inner body fats is not a good thing.
clivehamilton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #86

S/C/G: 293/279/145

Height: 5'7

A part of me is scared of this. At my heaviest on an emotional downward spiral I weighed 315, then I went to 290. I've been this weight for a decade+. Till recently I've done one thing give up soft drinks, and I'm in the 270s after a few months of just that. I know if I focus on this I will just end up worrying about it and seeing it as an excuse for not losing weight. When I reach my goal of 140s, I'll just be happy and realize that's why god created corsets.
Rikioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #87

S/C/G: 287/175/180

Height: 5'9"

I just read over this thread and I just want to say, there is one other option. This isn't to say anything negative about anyone who chooses to have surgery, I just want to throw in my point of view about my body.

I don't have a perfect body after losing 125 pounds, much weight lifting, much yoga, much cardio, clean eating, almost vegan, etc. I am sure that my thighs, butt, and stomach are probably comparable to some of yours which you have described as "horrifying" "disgusting" and "unacceptable". I am sure that there are parts of me that any plastic surgeon would say "need" surgery.

But I do not agree. Maybe because I've always been overweight, I never expected to look perfect when I lost weight. And I didn't really lose weight because of how I looked, I did it more for my health and overall well-being.

For me this weight loss journey was a lot more about learning to separate my self-worth from my appearance. I've been pretty successful at that and I feel happy with my perfectly flawed body. I am so much more than what I look like. If any one has a problem with my flabby arms or my cellulitey thighs, pardon my french but they can go f%&$ themselves.

I don't wear booty shorts or bikinis, but I don't think my life really suffers greatly from this. I'm pretty modest anyway and I'm in my 30s, so I don't really feel the need to flaunt myself like that even if I did have a "perfect" body, I don't think I would want to.

I guess I just wanted to say, it's OKAY to accept yourself with flaws. I almost feel like sometimes people are trying to make me feel like I'm not okay the way I am by talking about themselves in these disparaging ways (disgusting, gross, etc.) I would never have my body cut open and sewed back together unless it was a life-threatening illness. I would not risk my life for vanity. That's just me.

Again, I'm not saying anything negative about those of you who have opted to have surgery. I just wanted to offer another point of view that seemed to be missing from this thread.
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #88

S/C/G: 246.8/246.8/130

Great thread!!!
it is very useful and now i know what i should do when i lost weight.

my question is: if i had my tummy done, can i get pregnant after the surgery??
and how much time i need after surgery to start thinking of get pregnant??

I always thought of that question, hope to find answer here
dana32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #89
I wanna be so hot that...

S/C/G: 242/188/145ish

Height: 5'4.5

Well I am about half way through my weight loss. My arms are kinda of flabby at this point. I am mostly worried about how my stomach is going to look after I lose this. I had about 90 lbs to lose from the start. I am doing it over the course of about a year. I carry a lot of fat in my midsection. I am worried that my skin is going to be really loose around my stomach. I really don't want surgery. Is there any thing I can do to prevent this? How bad do you think my skin will sag? I am still quite young.

sexiness is a state of mind
Goal #1 Onederland 7/9/12
Goal #2 185
Goal #3 170 overweight category
Goal weight 145
celticrae19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #90

S/C/G: 350/350/145

Height: 5'7

This stresses me out, and almost makes it seem pointless to lose the weight. I know that sounds stupid, but I can't afford cosmetic surgery. I'm over 300lbs, and I am so worried after I lose the weight I will be a big blob of skin, and I will be just as insecure as I am now or possibly more. Sure, I am going to continue this journey for health reason, but at 22 years old and being overweight my entire life this is a legitimate concern.

I'm hoping this helps me, I'm young, barely have any stretch marks (good elasticity.) and my moms side has amazing elasticity. My only stress is since I've had this weight for so long, I will look like a droopy mess and I won't be able to fix it. I don't want to feel gross around my Fiance.
jg0508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.