3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss

Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 02-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #1

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'10

Default Just another stretch mark/loose skin post

Alright so this post needs a little background story: I was in great physical shape roughly 2 years ago, but in between I gained weight rapidly, and am now in the process of losing it. I obviously have quite a few stretch marks - but have been consistent about using creams to keep my skin hydrated as well as consuming plenty of water and taking supplements - collagen and hair,skin,nails. Should I expect them to fade and tighten up as I loose the weight? - I wasn't heavy for that long and I even though I was heavy I wasn't huge (I'm 5'10, and i weighed about 220) and I think that I may have age on my side as well (I'm 21)... anyways, I often get so discouraged - I mean I literally cry over these marks on my body I'm so worried that my body is ruined. Should I expect excess skin? Will the stretchies fade? What is a girl to do?
trishope is offline   Reply With Quote

loose skin, stretch marks, weight loss