Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 311/155/155

Height: 5'7"

Looks like you're about three weeks ahead of me, I'm 9 days post-op. It's really nice to get a peek of what I have to look forward to.
CRShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Finally sleeping in my bed again. Now that I can lay down flat comfortably, I scheduled a facial for Friday! I can walk around pretty comfortably now and really should hit up the treadmill to start getting back in shape. I can't run until my next appointment but I could start walking and try to get back up to 3 miles. I used to run 3 miles three times a week.

I am still wearing my foam pad and binder. It's annoying because I want to be showing off my amazing tummy and I look much bigger wearing it. But deep down I know I need to wear it to make sure I'm getting the best results possible. I am also applying expensive scar cream called BioCornium twice a day.

The toughest part now is trying to cut my calories as low as I can stand because I am not working out. And the fact that the smallest touch of sodium has me retain water like a balloon is really frustrating. I can gain 3 lbs in a day if I go out to eat!

Today I was 151.8. I am hoping to get under 150 and maintain. I am going to Vegas for a weekend in May and am looking forward to wearing a bikini then!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:24 AM   #78  

I’m really excited and nervous at the same time. But my doc Hugh Mclean from whose clinic I’m getting my TT done is of great support. I have never thought I would require a tummy tuck until I had my second baby. After gaining and loosing so much of weight at the same time, the loose skin around my weight would almost weigh a ton. I’m getting my cream and silicon sheets now. Hope that I will get them in before going for my tummy tuck.
margaretperron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #79  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
Finally sleeping in my bed again. Now that I can lay down flat comfortably, I scheduled a facial for Friday! I can walk around pretty comfortably now and really should hit up the treadmill to start getting back in shape. I can't run until my next appointment but I could start walking and try to get back up to 3 miles. I used to run 3 miles three times a week.

I am still wearing my foam pad and binder. It's annoying because I want to be showing off my amazing tummy and I look much bigger wearing it. But deep down I know I need to wear it to make sure I'm getting the best results possible. I am also applying expensive scar cream called BioCornium twice a day.

The toughest part now is trying to cut my calories as low as I can stand because I am not working out. And the fact that the smallest touch of sodium has me retain water like a balloon is really frustrating. I can gain 3 lbs in a day if I go out to eat!

Today I was 151.8. I am hoping to get under 150 and maintain. I am going to Vegas for a weekend in May and am looking forward to wearing a bikini then!
you really look great, thanks for keeping us posted! hope you have a great time in Vegas. I'm going in June
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 311/155/155

Height: 5'7"

How's it going now? I just reached four weeks post op. I'm completely vertical with my brace, but still a little tight without it. Has your swelling gone down yet? It's really bugging me that I can't fit into my old pants.
CRShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:59 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRShaw View Post
How's it going now? I just reached four weeks post op. I'm completely vertical with my brace, but still a little tight without it. Has your swelling gone down yet? It's really bugging me that I can't fit into my old pants.
I have been lucky so far and don't have a lot of swelling. At the end of the day, maybe my lower tummy poofs out a bit, but I've never not fit in my pre-op jeans.

Now at 8 weeks, I finally feel pretty good about jogging. I think I'm going to go back to the gym Monday after work for a little jogging and swimming. It would be my first time in public in a bikini!
Old 04-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #82  

A couple of new bikini pics:

Old 04-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #83  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Wow, you look great!

I love your bathing suits. Where did you get the blue one? The top looks like it has great coverage and support
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:58 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
Wow, you look great!

I love your bathing suits. Where did you get the blue one? The top looks like it has great coverage and support
The blue one with the rope pattern is from Lands End.

The black one has the best support, the brand name is Sunsets.

The purple one is from Athleta
Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #85  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Thanks! My eyes (or my phone??) were deceiving me. I was talking about the purple one lol
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #86  

Ugh, I totally epic failed this weekend. I am feeling pretty great and haven't been taking too much care in worrying about my recovery lately. My friend showed me her new home gym on Sunday and there was a pull-up bar installed and I just hung from it for a few seconds.

I didn't feel any pain at the time, but now I am really sore. The gym will have to wait
Old 04-08-2014, 01:12 AM   #87  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Sorry to hear you're sore from exercising -- take it easy. Those suits look fabulous on you! Wow! Only in my dreams could I look like that. You should be very proud and you'll knock 'em dead in Vegas in those bikinis!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #88  

Well, last night I went rock climbing, which was the last real piece of my everyday life that was missing. I am running, having a personal trainer 1-2 times a week, doing Pilates, and will now climb 1-2 times a week. The only thing left on the bucket list is to get back to scuba diving.

Friday I go to Las Vegas for my first real bikini opportunity! Woo hoo!

If any of you are considering getting this surgery, do it! It was expensive and the recovery was tough, but it was worth it a million times over. Nothing can substitute for the feeling of looking as great as you feel!

Last edited by Underwater; 05-14-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #89  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

I have wanted to have this surgery for years. Can you tell me how much it cost?
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I have wanted to have this surgery for years. Can you tell me how much it cost?
This largely depends on where you live and what surgeon you choose. I consulted with 6 surgeons and the costs ranged from $8,000 to $12,000+. However, I am in the San Francisco Bay Area, one of the most expensive regions in the country for plastic surgery.

I chose the most expensive one and was in the OR for 7.5 hours. He is extremely detail-oriented and I credit that for why my belly button looks so good.