3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss-219/)
-   -   Just scheduled my tummy tuck! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss/289890-just-scheduled-my-tummy-tuck.html)

vealcalf2000 02-14-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryPie99 (Post 4943047)
Dean DeRoberts was my surgeon in Syracuse, NY.

I have tons of befores and afters on my blog, but most specifically here:

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/...ised-pics.html

Your before and afters are fabulous! I'm at a point I feel like the rest of the weight I need to lose is mostly excess skin and just a small layer of fat. It's so frustrating to work so hard at losing weight and having this hanging flesh on me :( I've made some lackadaisical attempts to contact a plastic surgeon to see if there is anyway this could be covered through my insurance but nothing seems promising. I suppose though I won't know unless I try! You've inspired me to look into it!

pnkrckpixikat 02-14-2014 01:34 PM

I am glad to hear you are doing well! I would love the before and afters to my inbox. I am anticipating needing the procedure once I get down to weight so I like reading everyones stories and seeing the pics.

Good luck with returning to work!

Underwater 02-17-2014 01:44 AM

Day 9 has been the best day yet. I actually went to the mall today. I brought the walker since I can't walk too far without taking a rest. We went to Old Navy and I bought a dress (that I had tried on before and didn't buy the first time) and then went to the food court. I was so tired when I got home, but it is good progress. I am also much more comfortable now sitting on different types of chairs and stuff.

Tomorrow I have my 2nd follow up with the plastic surgeon. I think everything looks good but it will be good to hear it from him :)

CherryPie99 02-17-2014 09:03 AM

Sounds like you are doing fantastic! I remember my first shopping trip for clothes after the surgery and just standing in the dressing room EXHAUSTED with that stupid binder on, but grinning like a freak!!

How are you doing as far as trying to stand upright?

Underwater 02-18-2014 08:34 PM

I am almost upright. I feel like these last 10-15 degrees will be the hardest to straighten up.

Yesterday I went to the doctor for a check up and he fixed a spot on at the end of my incision that wasn't healing as flat as the rest of it. I am glad he fixed it it up because I want a great scar, but now I have staples behind my hip. They just freak me out - can't wait to get them removed on Monday :)

Went back to work today and stayed for 6 hours. I work at a desk job with some walking around for meetings. I am tired and sore but the day was a success. I'm home now, popped a pain pill, and am about to take a nap before dinner.

Underwater 02-22-2014 12:24 AM

Today is my 2 week tummy tuckiversary! I have been doing pretty well. I can almost stand straight up and can walk further every day. Today was actually the hardest since I started working Tuesday. I think all of that time walking around the office this week finally caught up with me and only worked for about 4 hours before coming home and finishing up my workday in my recliner.

I tried on a few pairs of undies yesterday and they are all cover my scar! Yay! Success! I can't wait til this swelling goes down and I get to see the real results. Right now I have what they call the "Ken doll" look - swollen from the belly button down. Sucks, but I know it's a phase of this healing process :\

Monday I am supposed to get my staples out. Weekends always fly by so I know it will be here before I know it and thank god - I hate them!

amandie 02-22-2014 01:17 PM

Yay! So happy things are going well for you so far especially the part about your undies covering your scar!

Underwater 02-24-2014 03:00 AM

Here is what I look like today! Really I think my surgeon is an artist. My new tummy fits my body really well and it's even still a little swollen so will likely still get a bit flatter. I want to look like ME not Barbie ;)

http://i.imgur.com/ghp3off.jpg

Ubee 02-24-2014 09:40 AM

WOW! You must feel so happy!
I feel so happy for you!

amandie 02-24-2014 09:50 AM

I already posted in your other thread (goal!, I think.. not sure) but I just wanted to say your surgeon did a great job indeed! It really does look "natural", like you said it fits your body type, nothing out of the ordinary! So happy for you!

CherryPie99 02-24-2014 11:46 AM

Thanks so much for the pic - you do look fantastic!! And yes, the swelling will last a while!

Are you missing feeling at all in any place?

Jen

Underwater 02-24-2014 04:00 PM

I am still pretty numb between my belly button and my thighs. There is also a small spot on my right upper thigh that was numb but the feeling has been coming back :)

Sum38 02-24-2014 04:03 PM

You look fantastic. I saw the before pictures at another thread. Your surgeon is truly an artist!

VioletDolphin83 02-28-2014 12:35 AM

Wow!! Your surgeon did an amazing job! So happy for you! :)

Underwater 02-28-2014 11:54 AM

Thanks everyone. Today is my three week anniversary. Not much has changed over the last week or so. Still can't stand 100% straight with my shoulders back yet but hopefully I'll get there over the next week or so.