Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/145/120

Height: 5'5"

Default Smart-lipo

I wasn't sure if this was the correct forum to make this post because it might be considered more cosmetic than WLS but I was curious if anyone has had smart-lipo and what their experiences were with it?
BrittBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

these body contouring procedures generally end up in the Maintainers forum - i've moved your thread so that it'll get more attention.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #3  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I had Smart Lipo about a month ago...feel free to ask any questions! I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #4  

What areas did you get done? How long ago? Did you experience any contraindications? Was your experience positive / negative? If I ask anything you feel uncomfortable answering, just omit the question. Thanks for sharing with me.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #5  
No longer super size!!!

I had my abs (upper and lower) done. Due to the amount of fat my doctor removed, I did swell more than normal. My initial experience was negative - the process HURT. I did research before I had the surgery and all the blogs/videos I watched were stating that it didn't hurt. Mine hurt like he** - and that's been the experience of my friends that had the surgery also (I've had 3 friends that had SmartLipo). After the surgery is over, you will be quite sore for at least two weeks. I wasn't able to bend over the first week and a half, so I got really creative if I dropped stuff around the house.

Once the pain/major swelling subsided, I could definitely tell a difference. I am happy with my results overall - but I do think it's all in how much you want it. I still have a bit of swelling a month out, but I can already tell a huge difference in the shape of my body.

Surgery pain level - I'd say take the pain of getting a tattoo and multiply it by five. I haven't had kids so I don't have childbirth pain to compare it to.

If you have more questions feel free to ask or you can PM me.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #6  

Oh wow, so you got it done pretty recently! Did your friends get it done around the same time as you? I have been doing some research on the subject and have found some negative results happening around 6 months after the procedure with skin discoloration and a hard bumping effect under the skin of the treated areas. Are you experiencing anything out of the ordinary like that or do you feel your recovery is moving smoothly? Why did the procedure hurt so much, are you not asleep during? How big are the incision sites? Thanks again for answering my questions. It's nice talking to someone with first hand experience.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #7  
No longer super size!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittBit View Post
Oh wow, so you got it done pretty recently! Did your friends get it done around the same time as you? I have been doing some research on the subject and have found some negative results happening around 6 months after the procedure with skin discoloration and a hard bumping effect under the skin of the treated areas. Are you experiencing anything out of the ordinary like that or do you feel your recovery is moving smoothly? Why did the procedure hurt so much, are you not asleep during? How big are the incision sites? Thanks again for answering my questions. It's nice talking to someone with first hand experience.
Hey there! My friend is actually the one who talked me into it. She had her lipo about a week before I had mine.

Since I'm not quite far enough out - I do have lumpy areas and a little discoloration, but it's not enough for me to be unhappy with the experience. My recovery seems to be going very well though - and my friends have noticed the change in the shape of my body.

With laser lipo, you are awake and (fairly) lucid during the entire procedure, which is why its so inexpensive. You are given pain and anti anxiety meds before you start the procedure, but in my case (and a few of my friends) it was still painful.

The incision sites aren't big - mine are about the size of a thumbtack and in areas that you can't really see them (bra line, etc).

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 06-25-2013 at 01:09 PM.