Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #1  
on a mission

S/C/G: 294/restart!!!

Height: 5'1

Default Spanx, Bodyshaper suggestions- extra skin

Any recommendations on what works with holding in extra skin? Particular in the tummy sections? Any tips or suggestions are a huge help!! Thank you
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

I've used body shapers for a while to help shape my pudgy tummy, and there's a couple that I've used that I like.

1. Jennifer Lopez Body Shapers(not sure of the specific brand name, I just know they are by J-Lo lol!)-I found this at Kohl's, and this is by far my favorite. the spandex part is stretchy enough that it's not uncomfortable, but firm enough that it tucks everything in nicely and doesn't slip down all the time. I also find it doesn't "roll" down either, which is what I generally experience with these things.

2. Spanx-I've tried numerous different versions of these, and they do work. The only issue I have is that, even though I paid a decent amount of money on them, they felt cheap to me. I found some versions at Kohl's, also, and online.

Hope this helps!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #3  
on a mission

S/C/G: 294/restart!!!

Height: 5'1

Thank you, so much! I will def look into the body shapers from jlo next time I go into kohls!
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #4  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I wear the Spanx Assets brand at Target. It's a more affordable version of Spanks. You can find them hanging on the wall in the hosiery section. I wear the high waist footless pants liner and the thigh length one. Love 'em! And, they're only about $17 each.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #5  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Does anybody wear their body shapers daily in the summer? I've been thinking its probably time for me to start wearing something (as things are getting a bit saggy), but the average temps here in summer are high-90s and low-100s... I don't really want to be sweating buckets in my shape wear...
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroTeacher View Post
Does anybody wear their body shapers daily in the summer? I've been thinking its probably time for me to start wearing something (as things are getting a bit saggy), but the average temps here in summer are high-90s and low-100s... I don't really want to be sweating buckets in my shape wear...
Occasionally I'll wear mine, especially when I'm at family functions and such. I generally didn't find it so bad, but because I'm paranoid about smelling bad, I'd always bring a spare change of underthings and those cottonelle moist wipes. If I needed to take it off, I would, and the people I'm with could just see my pudge a bit more (usually by that point everyone has eaten and they all have pudgy tummies too lol!).
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I used to wear mine all the time (pre pregnancy) I do miss them now because my skin is still loose in the tummy area (even with my ever growing belly) I feel super comfortable in them.

I wear Heavenly Shapewear. It is the best so far. I pay $14 for them at Burlington Coat Factory (a type of store like TJ Maxx) They cover my tights, tummy and it comes with a built-in-bra.
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #8  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroTeacher View Post
The Assets products at Target are about the weight of panty hose. I wear them daily in the summer, and we're approaching 100 degrees here! You will sweat if you're outside and active, but its nothing compared to wearing those thicker girdle type garments. And, they dry quickly once you go inside to air conditioning.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote