I have an idea involving loose skin - calling maintainers!

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • Ah thank you! I figured, I couldn't ask other people to show their bodies if I wasn't willing to show mine and non-anonymously

I'll post again when I hit goal weight so that it's even easier to see loose skin/versus fat. As right now I do have extra fat on my body that I'm trying to work off (again).
  • This is an amazing and inspiring thread.
  • is that ab definition i see? awesome! i kind of look like the above, also. I am very heartened to know that it will tighten up over time. i think what i'm most upset about is the "loose folds" along the side of my mouth and lower cheek. most people wouldn't think of it that way but it looks that way to me and i am so hoping that will smooth out a bit as i was kind of in maintenance mode at 172 for 5 months but recently in the last few months got down to pretty much goal at 160 so i KIND of have been a maintainer for 6 or so months but also have lost 10 or so lbs which was even more noticeable in my face SO... hoping over the course of this year things will kind of go into place more

GOOD JOB Melissa
  • I'm amazed at all these photos - at how resilient the body is.

Like the gal who lost 210 pounds. Before the surgery, it's hard to see how thin she is. The doctor told her she was, just that the skin was overwhelming her body. After the surgery, it's totally obvious how thin she really had gotten to be! And that was TWO WEEKS post-op.

We need NEW photos deary to show your rocking body!

And then the 20 something gal who had been overweigh since a young child. Look how little loose skin there is on that tummy and I bet the arms will shrink up more with time (Mine did).

And to Joe - going from a 60" pant to 42". I mean... think on that a minute. It's AMAZING!!!!
  • Well, since you asked.....

Those photos are of me! I lost 7 pounds of skin during the surgery and have lost an additional 12 or so.

My thighs are reaaaaalllly still bad, and I have bat wings, but not terrible...

• Quote: Well, since you asked.....

Those photos are of me! I lost 7 pounds of skin during the surgery and have lost an additional 12 or so.

My thighs are reaaaaalllly still bad, and I have bat wings, but not terrible...

You really do look amazing!
  • Quote: You really do look amazing!
    Yes, I concur! I was curious how much the excess skin would weigh. I bet on me it will be well into the double digits. I may have to revise my goal weight based upon an estimate of what the excess skin weighs. I was shooting for 220, but now I am wondering if 235 is a more realistic goal. Well, I'll be thrilled to get to 235 in any event. I guess I'll just wait until I get there to figure out if I need to go down more.
  • I just wanted to say that I adore this thread. Having examples of realistic expectations after all of this does so much to relieve any fears. I think the unknown is much more frightening than any reality, and your photos have proven that for me at least. I feel much more optimistic about the state of my body in the future. Thank you guys so much for being brave enough to share.
  • Cherry- that is amazing! The two week post op looked good, but so much swelling. Look at you in the bikini!!
  • i think everyone looks great and i have to say a slender body with loose skin is far more attractive than an overweight one (sorry that's not meant to be offensive to anyone!)

BUT.. that being said, i really wish there wasn't such a thing. it is very hard to determine goal when one has a lot of saggy loose skin all over. i don't go by scale weight for goal (i lost basically 100lbs without a scale) and i just go by the way i look and my clothes fit and what size but it's so discouraging to see a normal size body with a saggy loose belly that just looks like a lot of flappy fat :\

i'll get around to posting my pics soon, sick here with a sinus infection.
  • Cool thread!

One of the things I love about hanging out around here, is it's the real thing! No sugar coating! This is reality!

Anywho, I will be tossing some pics up sometime in the next few days. I am taking off tomorrow to go take care of my grand daughter, while her parents go have the new baby!

But, I will get some pics up!
  • Everyone looks SO good! I decided that I am going to post mine even though I am not at goal yet. It may help others by sharing as those who shared have helped me greatly. Thank you.
  • How much have you lost? 65lbs
    How old were you when you lost the weight? 26. 27 now with restart.
    How long were you at your high weight? I always have been overweight as a child, gained over time though I finally "stopped" at 180-190 and maintained that until I got to 226lbs. 3-4 years of being 226.
    Are you still losing weight? Yes, about 10lbs to go for now,.
    How long did it take you to lose the weight? Less than a year to get to 170 then bounced between 170 to 180 for almost a year. Started up again 1/21/13 at 180.
    Did you have weight loss surgery? No.
    Do you have pregnancy stretch marks? No, I have never been pregnant.
    Do you have weight gain stretch marks? Yes, starting right under the breasts all over the stomach, sides and all around the back, inner thighs, and on the back of the knees.
    If you are in maintenance, how long have you been maintaining? Not yet. Though, I sort of maintained 170-180 for almost a year before my new restart.

In the beginning, I exercised with weights, resistance bands, balance balls and my elliptical trainer but I stopped that over a year ago due to an injury. I am well enough to start again on a consistent basis, I cannot wait!

As for my lower stomach, it is wrinkly and a bit droopy, it does not fold over or anything like that so no rash, etc.

Updated new pics in swimwear at 157-159, my lowest weight so far. Still no working out yet!!!
  • amandie, i would love to have your middle abdomen! no fold over on the belly button like i do! i think you're gonna look FAB when you get to goal
  • I think this could be a good idea but a lot of work photo editing berry....one thing I think would help would be knowing a persons body shape. Apples carry weight differently than a pear.....although most of the time body shape is obvious.

ETA: wow pics already... This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.