3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss

Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

I have an idea involving loose skin - calling maintainers!

Old 03-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #46
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ah thank you! I figured, I couldn't ask other people to show their bodies if I wasn't willing to show mine and non-anonymously

I'll post again when I hit goal weight so that it's even easier to see loose skin/versus fat. As right now I do have extra fat on my body that I'm trying to work off (again).

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #47

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

This is an amazing and inspiring thread.
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as **** don't deserve me at my best. ― Marilyn Monroe

getmydivaback3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #48

S/C/G: 260/155/155

Height: 5'6"

is that ab definition i see? awesome! i kind of look like the above, also. I am very heartened to know that it will tighten up over time. i think what i'm most upset about is the "loose folds" along the side of my mouth and lower cheek. most people wouldn't think of it that way but it looks that way to me and i am so hoping that will smooth out a bit as i was kind of in maintenance mode at 172 for 5 months but recently in the last few months got down to pretty much goal at 160 so i KIND of have been a maintainer for 6 or so months but also have lost 10 or so lbs which was even more noticeable in my face SO... hoping over the course of this year things will kind of go into place more

GOOD JOB Melissa
Old 03-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #49
Melissa

I'm amazed at all these photos - at how resilient the body is.

Like the gal who lost 210 pounds. Before the surgery, it's hard to see how thin she is. The doctor told her she was, just that the skin was overwhelming her body. After the surgery, it's totally obvious how thin she really had gotten to be! And that was TWO WEEKS post-op.

We need NEW photos deary to show your rocking body!

And then the 20 something gal who had been overweigh since a young child. Look how little loose skin there is on that tummy and I bet the arms will shrink up more with time (Mine did).

And to Joe - going from a 60" pant to 42". I mean... think on that a minute. It's AMAZING!!!!

Old 03-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #50

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Well, since you asked.....

Those photos are of me! I lost 7 pounds of skin during the surgery and have lost an additional 12 or so.

My thighs are reaaaaalllly still bad, and I have bat wings, but not terrible...

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #51
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
Well, since you asked.....

Those photos are of me! I lost 7 pounds of skin during the surgery and have lost an additional 12 or so.

My thighs are reaaaaalllly still bad, and I have bat wings, but not terrible...

You really do look amazing!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #52
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
You really do look amazing!
Yes, I concur! I was curious how much the excess skin would weigh. I bet on me it will be well into the double digits. I may have to revise my goal weight based upon an estimate of what the excess skin weighs. I was shooting for 220, but now I am wondering if 235 is a more realistic goal. Well, I'll be thrilled to get to 235 in any event. I guess I'll just wait until I get there to figure out if I need to go down more.

Started out at 405.5 on 7/31/12. Then lost 156 lbs to get down to 249.5 by 7/31/13. In the past year I have put back on over 40 pounds and reached a high of 291.5. But I have recommitted myself and quickly took off ten pounds by 7/31/14. I am now trying to take off the weight I put back on, and then lose the rest of the weight I was originally trying to lose. ---- Starting weight / Low weight / Current Weight / Goal Weight
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #53
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to say that I adore this thread. Having examples of realistic expectations after all of this does so much to relieve any fears. I think the unknown is much more frightening than any reality, and your photos have proven that for me at least. I feel much more optimistic about the state of my body in the future. Thank you guys so much for being brave enough to share.

Mini-Goal #1: 220 - Achieved 09.17.12
Mini-Goal #2: 210 - Achieved 01.03.13
Mini-Goal #3: Onederland!! - Achieved 03.26.13
Mini-Goal #4: 189 - Achieved 07.25.13
Mini-Goal #5: 179
Mini-Goal #6: 169
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #54
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Cherry- that is amazing! The two week post op looked good, but so much swelling. Look at you in the bikini!!

GOAL Photos & Story
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #55

i think everyone looks great and i have to say a slender body with loose skin is far more attractive than an overweight one (sorry that's not meant to be offensive to anyone!)

BUT.. that being said, i really wish there wasn't such a thing. it is very hard to determine goal when one has a lot of saggy loose skin all over. i don't go by scale weight for goal (i lost basically 100lbs without a scale) and i just go by the way i look and my clothes fit and what size but it's so discouraging to see a normal size body with a saggy loose belly that just looks like a lot of flappy fat :\

i'll get around to posting my pics soon, sick here with a sinus infection.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #56
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Cool thread!

One of the things I love about hanging out around here, is it's the real thing! No sugar coating! This is reality!

Anywho, I will be tossing some pics up sometime in the next few days. I am taking off tomorrow to go take care of my grand daughter, while her parents go have the new baby!

But, I will get some pics up!

3+ year maintainer.
The human body is capable of amazing things! But without the mind, it is nothing. Get your mind in gear and the body will follow!

Be selfish about caring for yourself, you deserve it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #57
Gettin' it done!

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

Everyone looks SO good! I decided that I am going to post mine even though I am not at goal yet. It may help others by sharing as those who shared have helped me greatly. Thank you.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #58
Gettin' it done!

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

How much have you lost? 65lbs
How old were you when you lost the weight? 26. 27 now with restart.
How long were you at your high weight? I always have been overweight as a child, gained over time though I finally "stopped" at 180-190 and maintained that until I got to 226lbs. 3-4 years of being 226.
Are you still losing weight? Yes, about 10lbs to go for now,.
How long did it take you to lose the weight? Less than a year to get to 170 then bounced between 170 to 180 for almost a year. Started up again 1/21/13 at 180.
Did you have weight loss surgery? No.
Do you have pregnancy stretch marks? No, I have never been pregnant.
Do you have weight gain stretch marks? Yes, starting right under the breasts all over the stomach, sides and all around the back, inner thighs, and on the back of the knees.
If you are in maintenance, how long have you been maintaining? Not yet. Though, I sort of maintained 170-180 for almost a year before my new restart.

In the beginning, I exercised with weights, resistance bands, balance balls and my elliptical trainer but I stopped that over a year ago due to an injury. I am well enough to start again on a consistent basis, I cannot wait!

As for my lower stomach, it is wrinkly and a bit droopy, it does not fold over or anything like that so no rash, etc.

Updated new pics in swimwear at 157-159, my lowest weight so far. Still no working out yet!!!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill

Last edited by amandie : 02-22-2014 at 11:33 AM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #59

amandie, i would love to have your middle abdomen! no fold over on the belly button like i do! i think you're gonna look FAB when you get to goal
Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #60

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I think this could be a good idea but a lot of work photo editing berry....one thing I think would help would be knowing a persons body shape. Apples carry weight differently than a pear.....although most of the time body shape is obvious.

ETA: wow pics already... This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by dstalksalot : 03-21-2013 at 10:45 AM.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.