Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #1  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Facial wrinkles after weight loss

I took a picture of my face yesterday and while much thinner, I've developed a world of facial wrinkles. I honestly look like I've aged 10 years. I realize this is due to the shrinking of fat under the skin and it may take some time to even out. I am 42 now, but geez, I didn't think I'd be THAT wrinkly.

Has anyone tried any successful creams/procedures for this problem? I'd be interested about it.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #2  

Hello,
Yes sometimes this will happen when we lose weight the wrinkles are coming on our face. Try some home remedies that will surely helps you to remove wrinkles.
  • Massage lemon juice all over your skin to help get rid of wrinkles.
  • An ancient home remedy for the removal of wrinkles, cabbage juice should be massaged over the facial skin and left to dry. After the juice dries, rinse it off with warm water.
  • Mash a ripe papaya and apply the pulp to the face and neck.
  • Pineapple is rich in antioxidants and is a fruit known for its anti-aging effects. Apply pineapple juice all over the skin and leave it on for five minutes before washing off.
Sara Biston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #3  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Vex, I'm older than you (I'll be 50 next month) but I too experienced what you're going through. I probably look closer to my age now than I did at my heaviest and had a period during my journey that I looked seriously haggard. You know the saying that, "As you age you have to choose between your face and your a@@." The good news is that while I do have a lot of loose skin all over, my face, and my neck to some extent, firmed up over a couple of months. People do seem to be shocked when I tell them my age or the age of my kids. Maybe it's a combo of the fact that I have never acted my age (maybe I should start) and I tend to dress younger than my peers. I'd give it some time before you consider more drastic measures. We're always our own worst critic. Btw, you're doing great!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

I'm 41, and when I'd lost too much weight, I noticed the fine lines appeared almost out of nowhere. Now that I'm at a healthier weight (I was slightly underweight so opposite of you), the fat has plumped up my skin nicely.

No one seems to guess my age correctly. They always seem quite shocked when I tell them, lol. I will say that I've taken care of my skin almost fastidiously since I was a young teenager: Oil of Olay, eye cream, sunglasses to prevent crow's feet, sunscreen and not lying out in the sun so maybe that has something to do with it as well. Not to insinuate that you didn't, obviously.

I don't know if that exactly helps you or not but that's my two cents. Congrats on the weight loss too!

Last edited by fitmom; 12-22-2012 at 08:42 AM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

I'm almost 66 and no one ever thinks I am as old as I am... largely due to my puffed out face from the fat. I too gain wrinkles as I lose weight but I've decided it is worth it. However, I have found that Cetaphil cream (not the lotion) is very helpful on my skin, including my face. My doctor recommended it and I love the stuff!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote