Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 08-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default Struggling with My Body Image

I think I look okay when I'm dressed. I'm 62 inches, 175.4 pounds, and wear a sized 10. I still have weight to lose, so I know I'm not done yet.

My problems are when I look at myself naked. My breasts seem more saggy especially here recently. My tummy has a "hang" and I can't tell if it's just lose skin or some loose skin and fat. (That may sound redonkulous that I don't know!)

I have a fat packet on the outside upper thigh of each leg.

I don't know how to deal with this.

Ever having surgery won't happen because there just isn't going to be the finances for it. I'm really hating how I look. Feeling really down about it, esp today.
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #2  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

This is just that transition period, like when you grow your hair out, keep working out, and work out hard.i find that to be a problem,i sort of half step so I Dont get to red at the gym so my best workouts are home with Jillian Michaels or Sean T. I am mortified that anyone might hear my thighs clap, or my belly clap. Just believe that if you do not quit it will get better, and make sure you work out. Do not turn to food when you feel bad about yourself. This will pass. When I need to feel better I watch weight loss videos on YouTube or biggest laser on hulu. Just keep doing what you are doing, trust that you have come a long way and it will get better.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #3  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

P.s. I know its much easier said than done. Also go buy some new heels and wear them out, put on some makeup if you wear it, and fix your hair and check out how fab you are. Looking Good naked will come in time. We all are hard on ourself naked, thats normal to be that way but lets reprogram ourselves:Love yourself nowfor how far you've come!!!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

I'm not self medicating with food anymore, which I am so proud of!! I used to turn to food to try an self soothe my depression.

I think I'm going to kick up the workouts. If anything, the workouts will make me feel better naturally anyway.

RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I can second the Jillian Michaels advice. She is amazing and can get every body toned. The sagging twins, well, skin will shrink somewhat with time. I have the same problem, but having some muscles around it helps. A lot.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote