Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Default Best compression garments and does your stomach ever stop being so incredibly saggy?

I have a ton of loose stomach skin. I have a pannus and its just getting droopier with the more weight that I lose. I know its never going to be a super tight stomach but I was just wondering if anyone has had any success stories with their apron of fat?

Also I have to wear compression garments or spanx type things everyday. I don't have to but I certainly look and feel much better when I do. lol The best ones that I have found are at Costco. They are the Maidenform Flexees fat free dressing. Its the high waisted boy shorts. They are the most affordable as well at 17 bucks for a 2 pack. Are there any others out there that have found some that they really love?
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

I definately need to keep an eye on this thread... my shapewear no longer fits and need to buy new stuff.
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

This is an old thread I found searching - but would love to know if anyone found good shapewear or tricks. At a little over 25 lost, my stomach is starting to "fall" and look droopier and I'd like to give it some support for comfort and for looking better under clothes. Plus I read that by not supporting it - you can do more damage and stretch out the skin even more from gravity ... that seems reasonable so I'd like to support it.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 326/SEE TRACKER/163

Height: 5'7"

go to squeem dot com
It works wonders!!!! I have 3 of the miracle vests.
MSDEEDEE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/134/125

Height: 5'3

For medical grade compression I like Bellefit, but they are pretty pricey. They hold up really well and have a decent resale value if you need to move down a size.
Betty Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I haven't tried it, but I hear the Assets line at Target is by the same creator as Spanx. The only shapewear I've bought is spanx brand. They work well with some things, but there is a big seam down the belly that shows through thinner fabrics. So definitely check the seam placement before buying your shapewear.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #7  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I love Assets! I wear them every day -- the high waisted pants liner and the thigh length brief. They're about the weight of panty hose, so comfortable, and cooler in the summer heat. If you're at the top end of their weight chart range, you'll have to yank them up occasionally, but when you hit that sweet spot in fit, it's great. I've noticed lately that mine are almost unnoticeable now, they're so comfortable. Try it!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 184.2 /ticker / 149

Height: 5'4.5"

Ooh I'll have to pick up a pair today. Always thought spanx was too pricey but wished to have a pair to wear under summer clothes. Hope they can smooth out the belly lumps when I wear sweaters.
Astro Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/159/140

Height: 5'2"

I have all this flabby belly fat that I need to control some how. Thanks for all this information. I really need something to help with the sagging belly flap. my body just gets so hot and sweaty in some of the fat slimming stuff.
Girl4him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #10  

Wondering if there any newer suggestions! I need support for the lower belly issues.
KayBee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #11  
Less of a Better Me

In my case, I worked with a trainer for a year and lost weight and exercised and none of that helped. I am having a tummy tuck and breast lift next month. When I consulted with surgeons I was told that most of what is on my lower abdomen is loose skin from losing weight, not fat. Some people lose all their weight and their skin springs back into place (that happened to my husband), but it doesn't happen for everyone.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/145/135

Height: 5'4"

I started wearing high waist tights right after I started losing weight. I remembered my OB/GYN telling me years ago after having a child, to wear a girdle to support my stomach and help everything stay in place. So I was hoping it would work the same on my skin.
Well after 115 lbs lost, and wearing my tights at least 3 days a week, I have loose skin, but no where near as much as I have seen on others. I feel that the combination of slow weight loss, drinking lots of water, and wearing the tights, has helped a great deal.
I purchased a couple of Rhonda Shear smooth tootsies in a 2 X, and they stayed tight from my start at 260, and still tight at 145 now. I also found a less expensive no name brand, which I bought in a size Med, and they fit fine. Both brands of high waist tights reach all the way up to my bra band.

Last edited by jeremysnana54; 06-10-2016 at 06:18 PM.
jeremysnana54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 04:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/178/154

Height: 5'6"

I've had this problem for years as lost over 100lbs 16 years ago. My most favourite smoother (for those in USA) are the Naomi & Nicole firm control unbelievable comfort long leg open bust body shaper (can't post link as new member .)

Worth every penny!! I have extra skin on lower belly & inner thighs and this totally covers & complements.
Soshbfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:07 AM   #14  

I like the idea of tights, but find that when I wear them, the fat just gets smushed, and is uncomfortable, particularly in warmer weather. Any suggestions?
Frenchiebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #15  

Default Would love tips

I have 50lbs to lose how did you lose 115? Any tips would be great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysnana54 View Post
I started wearing high waist tights right after I started losing weight. I remembered my OB/GYN telling me years ago after having a child, to wear a girdle to support my stomach and help everything stay in place. So I was hoping it would work the same on my skin.
Well after 115 lbs lost, and wearing my tights at least 3 days a week, I have loose skin, but no where near as much as I have seen on others. I feel that the combination of slow weight loss, drinking lots of water, and wearing the tights, has helped a great deal.
I purchased a couple of Rhonda Shear smooth tootsies in a 2 X, and they stayed tight from my start at 260, and still tight at 145 now. I also found a less expensive no name brand, which I bought in a size Med, and they fit fine. Both brands of high waist tights reach all the way up to my bra band.
Tammy1007 is offline   Reply With Quote