Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 01-10-2016, 01:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/ see tracker / 135

Height: 5'8

Default 20F with loose skin?

Hi!

I am extremely insecure with my body, even though I've lost a bit of weight. The problem is my tummy (basically the only area of my body that I care about to be honest) is just loose and saggy. I'm only 20 years old so I hope that it can improve. I know that I really damaged by body but I've been losing weight since March and I've basically slowed down all progress because I'm scared that my skin will keep sagging. This is a problem with my breasts too.

Help?
hepzibah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:45 PM   #2  
TVC15

S/C/G: 154.6/154.6/130

Height: 5'8

I think slowing it down is a good idea, to give your body time to adjust to your positive changes.

I have a friend who had a similar situation and she ended up having a surgery to get her excess skin removed/repair her breasts.

Without personal experience with the issue, I don't make any recommendations concerning what do to for sagging skin--but I will suggest that if you want to continue to lose the weight, lose the weight. Then once you are where you want to be, if there is still something going on with your skin that bothers you, deal with it then.

Do one thing at a time, and as you obviously have some great momentum with your weight loss, follow it through to its logical conclusion, because that's what you wanted. And be encouraged that you're beautiful regardless.
thinwhiteduchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/180.6/145

Height: 5' 8"

Hello, I'm 20 as well, and down about 70 pounds over the course of about 2.5 years (the past year and a half I've been stable). One unexpected perk to losing weight so slowly is that my skin has pretty much caught up... except my breasts, as they were huge* before, and they've done a lot of shrinking. I'm thinking about getting implants at the end of my journey.
SleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote