Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #1  

Default Feeling....deflated?

So, I'm about 5.5 weeks into my most recent weight loss effort. I've been pretty good, and have definitely dropped a few pounds. Unfortunately, I'm starting to notice that my arms are getting to look like deflated beach balls. It is frustrating, because they now look bigger than ever when i let them hang at my sides (due to the squishing outward), and it is driving me nuts feeling like I need to wear nothing but long sleeves!

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? And if you have, how long does this phase last!?
stunzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Yes, my spare tire is deflating! Its just your body losing fat and water and readjusting. Start lifting heavy (for you) weights and/or doing body weight exercises like plank and push ups so that when all that padding comes off there were will great muscles underneath. You can't tone fat, but you can build all the muscle under it and lose the fat.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

I find that I deflate first and then later start to tighten up. It goes in stages. It's most noticeable (to me) with my stomach and thighs.

Except for my poor breasts. After the ups and downs of 5 pregnancies and nursing babies, and no muscle to pull them up, they just sort of hang there looking sad. Good thing there are lots of pretty bras out there.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #4  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

I'm the same as Only ME, I deflate then tighten, deflate then tighten. My biggest problem area are my thighs since I carried most of my weight in them but they're looking better every day. I've only lost 46 lbs and I have 99 to go so I hope that trend continues throughout my weight loss. The deflated look only lasts for about 1-2 weeks for me then it tightens up, I'm 19 so I know that contributes to my skin going back so quickly.

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 06-21-2012 at 01:47 PM.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote