3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss-219/)
-   -   New stretch marks when losing weight?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss/259340-new-stretch-marks-when-losing-weight.html)

kimminy 05-19-2012 01:27 AM

New stretch marks when losing weight??

Okay, this may sound crazy but I noticed a new red, angry looking stretch mark coming in even though I've lost weight and haven't gained any. WHAT'S WITH THAT?!!? I have enough already, I don't want any more! :(

Also, my friends bf who also is losing weight has gotten a bunch of new stretch marks too! So it's not just happening to me.

I did a quick search on the forum but couldn't find anything about it.

Has this happened to anyone of you guys? Why does it happen? It makes no sense whatsoever!

PS I haven't been weight lifting a lot or anything. Plus it was on my side, just under boob level. And my boobs aren't growing anymore, I'm 26 and not preggo.

EatMoreCelery 05-19-2012 09:33 AM

I'm not sure, but I can imagine that as your body's weight shifts that you could possibly have stretch marks from the pull of the shifting ... especially with rapid weight loss.

It's just a guess. :?:

twinieten 05-19-2012 10:51 AM

Could it be that the stretch marks are more viseable now that the skin isn't stretched out so much?

DietVet 05-19-2012 12:26 PM

Stretch marks sometimes turn up when you lose weight quickly. But really don't worry about them. Stretch marks are such a minor problem in the scheme of things, it isn't worth your energy to fuss about them. They fade and they aren't a big deal.

Ramra 05-19-2012 12:37 PM

I got 2 single stretchmarks when I started losing, one on my left side and one on my right. That was the end of it. It probably is just the shift in your weight. Don't sweat it.

Misa66 05-19-2012 03:18 PM

Yes, I've been getting some white ones on my stomach, they are not very visible but they're there. And yeah usually stretch marks happen when one gains or loses weight too fast. Try rubbing some Shea butter on it

kimminy 05-23-2012 01:11 AM

Thanks ladies! Glad to know I'm not crazy :)
I'm not too worried about them. More annoyed. I'm okay when they're white but when they're red and ugly it's just gross. Thankfully, it's already fading!

shcirerf 05-23-2012 01:23 AM

I have stretch marks up the wazoo! Many moons ago, when the dinosaurs still stomped the earth, I had twin babies that weighed over 6 pounds each. :dizzy:

My stomach looks like something you would see in a burn unit. I don't care. I have grandkids, and I bought a 2 piece swim suit this year, and I'm gonna wear it and go swimming!

There are worse things in life than having a few stretch marks. My husband would trade his heart condition for stretch marks any day! Heck I'd take on a few more in trade for his heart condition!

eguestx0 05-23-2012 01:35 AM

I have stretch marks. They bug me but I use a lotion that I bought at Target on them. It's called Palmer's cocoa butter formula massage cream for stretch marks. I believe it is like $4.97 a tube or something. I have been putting it on everyday and my stretch marks are becoming less & less noticeable!

ChangingSkies 05-26-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eguestx0 (Post 4343489)
I have stretch marks. They bug me but I use a lotion that I bought at Target on them. It's called Palmer's cocoa butter formula massage cream for stretch marks. I believe it is like $4.97 a tube or something. I have been putting it on everyday and my stretch marks are becoming less & less noticeable!

I use this too. And it is definitely some of the best stuff on the market. I've bought the $100 bottles of lotion and they did next to nothing. I thought it was hopeless so might as well just pick up something cheap so I could at least feel like I was doing something. I was amazed at how well it works!

tinamariex16 05-27-2012 12:06 PM

This happened to me too, it was seriously frustrating. I still don't know WHY it happened, but I will say that since I've continued losing weight those new stretch marks have faded. They were wide and hideous and now are practically invisible, I'm assuming they'll get even better as time goes on :)