Panniculectomy...info...ideas?

• Hi. I lost roughly 200 lbs and need to get a panniculectomy. My doctor and two surgeons have determined that it's medically necessary, but insurance denied me last year and upheld the denial after additional information. They told me what additional steps I needed to take, but when I went back, the criteria had become even stricter to a point that it looks like I will be paying out of pocket.

Does anyone have any suggestions on paying for it or roughly how much it will cost?

I'm still going to try the insurance route, but it's been a bit like pulling teeth getting information on just what they need.

Thanks for any advice you can give
  • WOW!!!! 200 lbs? That's amazing! Congratulations! Sorry I don't have any recommendations on getting the money, but keep trying, and maybe your docs can help by saying it is getting irritated or that it's causing you mental distress and trouble finding clothing that doesn't bother you. Good luck and once again great job on the transformation!
  • re:
    You should be able to talk to your doctors to get an idea of how much it will cost. If it's like your normal tummy tuck, I believe those can be anywhere around 10k - at least in my area.