Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 05-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #31  
13 pds in 7 days!

S/C/G: 228/215/145

Height: 5'5" WOE Atkins

Boobs....ugh..just the bane of a womans existence if you ask me. lol I miss my young boobs...and I have considered getting them "fixed" but ..in the end..I think it is just a waste of money. You know if you get implants you have to get them changed out every ten years? What the heck is that? Planned obsolecense? (sp?) It's a marketing thing..but anyway...somedays I think I would just rather have them hacked off so I could sleep on my stomach comfortably. lol
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/166/140

Height: 5'4"

I've never had perky boobs as they've always been large and unwieldy. I think that when I start losing more weight they are going to get even worse looking. I pretty much told my husband that I'm going to get surgery the moment I have children and finish breast feeding.
whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
Seriously. I'm convinced the last few pounds have come entirely from my breasts, and they look AWFUL. My ribs are showing through, my sternum sticks out with a big bump and it hurts under my bra, and my boobs are just saggy bags of wrinkly skin with some breast tissue at the bottom.

Why can't the fat come off my legs instead?? They're still really big (my thighs measure 21.5 inches, and my calves measure 15 inches); there's plenty to lose there!!

I feel like I'm going to need some serious plastic surgery at some point. The sagging skin on my thighs and stomach were always my biggest worries, and I really thought I would be more ok with my saggy breasts, but they've gotten much worse these past 10 lbs. It's depressing. I may look better clothed now, but naked I feel like I looked better 20 lbs ago.
Breasts are fatty tissue--and that's where most women lose weight first--(unfortunately.) It's a common complaint--but really it's much better to lose the fat--have loose skin--because let's face it, most people are going to see you clothed versus naked anyway--ha.ha.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 248/145/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm in a similar situation. 100 pounds down and my D's are now As. (My thighs are at 24.5 so I've got you beat! ) I'm embarrassed and self-conscious about my lack of boobs, but slowly coming to terms. I've been maintaining about a month and I've started weight lifting (arms, abs, butt, etc.) It may be wishful thinking, but I think they're already starting to look better.

Your post was made a while ago, so hopefully you have some insight about any long-term changes/adaptations that may have occured!
NightValeRes is offline   Reply With Quote