3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss

Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

So kind of embarassing but....

Old 04-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Looks to me like it might be a combo of fat and loose skin. I have the same thing going on but it is improving with diet and exercise. Don't underestimate what fitness will do for you. I would be looking much saggier if I didn't work out. When I improve as much as possible with diet and exercise, I am going to check into maybe getting Thermage done or using a Dermaroller to stimulate collagen and elastin renewal. I have only non-surgical options since I can't do surgery but these are non-invasive. The results I have seen from both are pretty nice. You might look at something like that if it really bothers you.

Calorie counting gave me a method to fix the madness.

A high protein, moderate carb balance gives me control over cravings.

Last edited by 4star : 04-16-2012 at 10:08 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

My tummy is a cross between Baker's and Sontaikle's except for pregnancy stretch marks added to it (they are different from gaining weight stretch marks because of the shape of the baby bump).

And of course there is some fat attached to it because skin has fat layers - it doesn't mean this is possible to diet away.

The worst is when you lean over - it hangs there - much more noticeably than when upright.

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
EEPP...I'm glad you posted a picture. Its so nice to compare to other people who have gone/going through the same thing. And I know i'm going to have kids as well so the tummy tuck wouldn't happen for a long time, and only if I could get over that fear of having 100 stitches in my stomach for two weeks xD. Thank you so much for showing what yours looks like as well

jomatho- I don't think I could possibility get any more when I get pregnant...My stomache/side/back is full of them. They've faded and I don't even pay them any attention. And I think I'm going to take that advice. I think I may drop down to an even 180 to give myself a few pounds of a barriar to gain if I do, and then work on trying to keep within a 5 pound weight gain/loss, while lifting.
You may gain initially a few pounds when you up your calories to maintenance or just above, but you will lose that again. It is necessary to up them in order to gain any muscle though, so don't be discouraged by it. This is what I am reading and what I plan to do when I get to within 10# of goal or so. Maybe 5. And I am talking heavy weights, not wimpy little weights.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.