Carded more/ look younger after weight loss?

• Just wondering if you ladies look much younger after losing the weight? I have noticed that the size that I am affects whether or not get carded and such. Just interested in personal experiences and all of your opionions. Thanks!
  • I've been told that I look younger now, but when I look in the mirror I think I look older. It's all the wrinkles in my face showing up that used to be more filled in by fat - especially the smile lines! I'm 33 though, and so may have more wrinkles to begin with.
  • DH and I have both been told that we look younger with weight loss.
  • Yes, people frequently tell me I look younger. My cousin said I look "younger and wiser". Loved that I'm 34 and I got carded buying a lighter at Target the other day.
  • Everyone (aside from my husband) says I look 20 years younger. OK, I'm 42. I don't look like I'm 22, so that means I must have looked like I was in my late 50s or something when I was heavier and now maybe look like I'm somewhere in mid to late 30s? I honestly don't get it.

I'm with Chickadee, I think my face looks older as my face is more wrinkly and my neck/chin has crepe skin from the loose skin issues. But whatever. i think it's more that I ACT younger - more vibrant than anything.
  • re:
    I really freaking hope so. I do know as I look through all the goal pictures in the forums here I think, WOW they look so much younger!

• I recently had this problem at a bar actually! I'm 23 and my friends have been saying that I look older now that I have lost almost 40 lbs. I don't think my issue was age entirely, I have blonde hair now and my ID is a brunette, it seems more often than not that the bouncers just don't believe I am my ID. It's kind of embarrassing to have to stand outside a bar arguing that you dyed your hair and lost 40 lbs and not feel like an 18 year old making every excuse possible to get into a bar!!
  • I get carded more now than I did at 21, lol. Of course, I had about 75lbs more with me then.
  • i attended a high school football game this weekend and a lady came up to me and said, in all honesty, "you look familiar...are you a parent or a student?" ...i was surprised that anyone would mistake me for a high school student considering that i'm 35, and i sort of stumbled around saying "yeah im a parent but my son isnt here..." LOL
  • I am 35 - I too have more wrinkles, but have gotten carded a few times recently. I definitely act and dress "younger" than I used to.
  • I work at a high school and we had a rep from a technical school come last week to present to the students. There was another teacher in the classroom, and I was sitting down in the back of the room. The guy kept looking at me whenever he'd ask questions, kind of glaring at me. After it was over I went over to thank him for coming. He said "Oh, you are a teacher!? I thought you were a student and I kept wondering why you weren't participating in the discussion." LOL, now I certainly don't think I look like a high school student, I'm 30, but it was very flattering.
  • I'm 49 and the only time I get carded anymore is when there's some rule about carding everyone who orders a drink. I've not had anyone comment that I look younger and I don't think that I do. In fact, I think I look a little bit older because skin is starting to wrinkle.

It's OK, though. I'd rather be thinner and wrinkled than fat and have stretched skin.
  • i seriously got carded buying spray paint in home depot. I'm 31, lol.
  • I look a little younger than my 33 years of age, but I don't know if it's due to weight loss, or if I'm just one of those people who "age well". This said, I also found a few pictures from when I was 24-25, and a good 45 lbs overweight, and I think I look older on those than I do now, with sagging 'jowls' and tired expression/posture. Or maybe it was the long hair (which doesn't suit me—I'm much better with short, spiked hair anyway)?