3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss-219/)
-   -   So, I've always been obese...(long) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss/255428-so-ive-always-been-obese-long.html)

mimsyborogoves 03-23-2012 02:18 AM

So, I've always been obese...(long)

Like, since I was five. I don't know what my body looks like at a normal weight. This thought process was brought on after I read another post about boobs on here and one of the girls said something about what your boobs will look like once you've lost weight depends on where you were before you gained weight.

Then the problem struck -- I began to gain weight when I was 5, way before I even started wearing a bra. I don't know ANYTHING about what my body will look like! I've been overweight for so long, I mean I have a general idea of what my shape is... but I know what my FAT shape is. I don't know what my normal shape is.

So... will it transform? I mean I know it will, but I mean will I turn into a completely different person? What will happen with my boobs? I started wearing bras when I was 8 or 9, but I honestly think it had more to do with me being overweight than me actually developing breasts. Is there anyone else out there who is like me, who grew up obese and is now a normal weight? What happened to you?

Booty Cakes 03-23-2012 03:22 AM

Congrats on the weight loss! My best bet is to look at the women on your mother's side of the family and see what their bodies look like at normal weights and that should give you an idea of what your body will look like.

sontaikle 03-23-2012 09:12 AM

Congrats on your success so far :)

I, too, was overweight/obese for just about all of my life. I had no idea what I would look like "thin" and it's still weird to me that I am. After 20ish years being "the fat girl" I guess it's hard to just get used to being at a "normal" weight for about eight months.

There's really no way to tell WHAT you'll look like when you're thin until you get there. It also depends on what exercises you're doing. I'm sure if I did just cardio or no exercises that I would look very different at this weight than I do now with cardio and heavy weight training. Incorporating heavy weight training will greatly help you when losing weight AND it will help how your boobs look ;)

Mine look alright. They're not big and full like many young womens', but they don't quite droop as much as they did just a few months ago which I think has to do a lot with the weight training I do. I even tried on a tie in the back bikini and it was supportive enough!!

Looking at your family might help give you an idea, but it didn't for me. I actually don't look like any of the normal-weighted women in my family, but I guess that comes from being a total mix of my parents (unlike my brothers, who each clearly favor one of my parents) and having a mixed background (hispanic/white). I can see I've got qualities from each side, but I don't particularly favor one side over the other.

In short, the only way you'll know what you look like at a normal weight is if you get there. If you want to look your best, incorporate some weight training in your exercise regiment if you don't already :)

josey 03-23-2012 09:59 AM

I was overweight all my life. I had no clue what I would look like or how I would feel. I can only say it feels amazing to be at a normal weight and I look better but not really different. I mean I can see the difference on pictures but actually forgot how I looked when I was big. It might be my brain coping with it.

When I look down I still see a bit of a belly but I am working on that now. I am exercising a lot and working on getting my bodyfat down to a good level. Kind of trying to shape and firm my body. Weight training is really important I think.

To be honest I always thought I want to lose weight to look good. Now I am not too worried about how I look anymore but I want to be strong and athletic. I never realized that before. I guess it was too far away from where I was.

You will be still you is what I am trying to say. I didn't change my personality for sure.
I didn't I really look like either. I just shrunk it. :-)