havent lost it yet

• okay im really new here and i was wondering if i do lose weight will i still be me im 242 right now and i want to lose weight for multibel reason i like being cubby thou and if i get to a healthy weight aka thin will i still be myself or will i be some one diffrent i have been heavy since 6th grade and i am now in my freshman year of college ive been heavey for so long its like my fat has grown on me
  • Quote: okay im really new here and i was wondering if i do lose weight will i still be me im 242 right now and i want to lose weight for multibel reason i like being cubby thou and if i get to a healthy weight aka thin will i still be myself or will i be some one diffrent i have been heavy since 6th grade and i am now in my freshman year of college ive been heavey for so long its like my fat has grown on me
    You will still be you BUT your confidence level will rise to higher levels. Your smile will become bigger, you will have more pep in your step but you will still be you!!

I am 45 yrs old and I have ALWAYS been the BIG girl, I was happy with that but had to lose the weight or it was hip replacement surgery for me. SOOOO on April 27th I made a decision to change me life and here I am 105lb lighter but I am STILL the same person I have always been. People just notice my smile more, I was always happy and smiling. I am a very positive person and it shows and NOW its even more. You are who you are no matter what weight you are....nothing can change who you are.....just be happy with yourself and you will be amazed at the accomplishments you will have....GOOD LUCK with your journey and in College!
  • Quote: You will still be you BUT your confidence level will rise to higher levels. Your smile will become bigger, you will have more pep in your step but you will still be you!!

I am 45 yrs old and I have ALWAYS been the BIG girl, I was happy with that but had to lose the weight or it was hip replacement surgery for me. SOOOO on April 27th I made a decision to change me life and here I am 105lb lighter but I am STILL the same person I have always been. People just notice my smile more, I was always happy and smiling. I am a very positive person and it shows and NOW its even more. You are who you are no matter what weight you are....nothing can change who you are.....just be happy with yourself and you will be amazed at the accomplishments you will have....GOOD LUCK with your journey and in College!
    thank you that makes me feel alot better about trying to lose weight and you look great bythe way
  • It will still be you When you achieve the goal its one of the most amazing things Your going to feel better just knowing that you are healthy. You seem pretty happy right now and I love how confident you are. The confidence will grow because you will look at yourself and thing, wow, I did that(at least for me). I wish you the best of luck
  • I can't really tell you if you'll be a different person if you lose weight. I think the only thing that changed about me is that I eat healthier now and have overall healthier habits.

Even when I was at my starting weight, I was a confident person and I loved myself. I didn't get there overnight, but throughout college and graduate school I realized that my weight shouldn't play a role in who I am and how I act—so I didn't let it.

In that time I made wonderful friends and met my then-boyfriend (now fiancee). I wouldn't trade those experiences in for the world, even though I was obese during them.

I truly believe it was the fact that I loved myself that even helped me get started in the first place

Learn to love yourself the way you are RIGHT NOW. You are a person with hopes, dreams and feelings and it doesn't matter what size you are. You are worth it!
  • thank you every one i just get scared that ill change or that i wont like being thin and will want to gain it all back
  • It's hard to say... how do you define yourself as a person?

In many ways I AM a different person:

- I've learned to address my emotional problems head-on instead of drowning them in food.

- I've become more organized and have been getting things done more quickly (a big food trigger for me was procrastinating, getting stressed out and then overeating...)

- I've become a more energetic person, I make sure to take time for myself to exercise and prepare healthy meals.

- I have more confidence, it's not every day but I'm certainly more confident than I used to be

- I actually post pictures of myself on FB now and then

- I've become more interested in fashion, clothes, hair etc. I've even started sewing a bit and doing some simple alterations myself.

- I don't watch as much TV as I used to

Beyond that I'm the same person. I have the same job, I'm married to the same wonderful man and I'm the same mom as I was before. Many of my interests are still the same, I have the same friends as I did before (although we did have a move so we've been making new ones too ).

Really, only YOU can decide what time of person you want to be and how you'll let your weight loss affect you. Is there are reason you're worried about this specifically?
  • Quote: Really, only YOU can decide what time of person you want to be and how you'll let your weight loss affect you. Is there are reason you're worried about this specifically?
    well ive beeen heavy most my life so im reeally worried that ill [not like the way ill look and get heavy agian or that i may become depressed