Is this true or am i going crazy?!

• I just watched 'Weighted extra large family' episode and the girl i thought looked quite slim but they were saying on the programme that shes obese!

She weighted 120lbs.

I have gone down from 154lbs to 130lbs which i am at the moment and i thought i looked quite nice at this weight but watching this programme does this mean im obese?!?!?!

I eat healthy i run 3 times a week (been running for 6 months) and do workout videos 5 days a week! (including weights training) Ok sometimes in occasionally bad but who isnt! what more am i supposed to do to lose weight?!?!
  • It would really depend on her height. Is this a young girl or teenager?
  • your not crazy i bet you look great the media wants every one to just be a bone so dont worry
  • Beck Im 5ft 1 and yes it was a 14yr old girl....i know im in my 30's and it seems silly comparing myself to what they said but i just couldnt believe it!

Thanks Fade! i have my good days and bad days lol and i am trying to lose some more and i know i have done well to get this far its just shocking what they come up with on TV these days and you never know what to believe!
  • I am 5 feet even and 120 is not considered obese for me. This girl must have been very short to be considered obese . She would have to be a child, I am sure.
  • I just found a health website that said:

According to your height of 5' 1" your ideal healthy weight is 118 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 105 and 132 pounds.

So thats not to bad then lol
  • Quote: I just found a health website that said:

According to your height of 5' 1" your ideal healthy weight is 118 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 105 and 132 pounds.

So thats not to bad then lol
    Sounds just about right to me.
  • Something seems up there. Unless she's super short or a young child I can't see her being considered "obese" at 120 pounds.

Even if I plug that weight into a BMI calculator with a height of 4'9" that would put her JUST into the "overweight" category. So, I don't know, maybe she's really short or they confused "overweight" with "obese" or something.

At 4'5" (if she was that small) her weight of 120 would be a BMI of 30 which would JUST put her into the obese category.
  • Thats what the Doctor told her when they weighted her in the begining she was so upset and crying! they got her to 100lbs and everyone was happy!

Poor kid, im not sure i can watch that programme again.
  • Children have very different weight standards then adults because they are not finished growing
  • Clearly they don't know what obese is. At 4'10 and 14-years-old, she would be just one pound into the overweight range...a far cry from obese. Unless she's much shorter than 4'10 (which I believe would make her a little person at her age...), it's not possible for her to be obese at 120. Overweight, yes...that's possible. But not obese.

I wouldn't recommend getting any advice from that program. They're clearly off their rockers.
  • It really depends on her height.
    With her height you can calculate the BMI.
    However, they say a BMI isn't a good measure for people under 18 years old.
    As long as you feel healthy and happy, I wouldn't worry about anyone else.